Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Simeon Jackson today!

Have never doubted him, but certainly felt he needed a little confidence. And boy, does he look confident today!

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Fair play to the lad!Well played Simeon!But who gets the ball....... [^o)][/quote]

Good question! I''m absolutely delighted for him - He''s only young and will surely get better and better. Hat trick in under 25 mins, impressive stuff!

Sometimes it takes a player a season to settle and make an impact and perhaps Jackson is a case in point, rather like Iwean''s first season with us. On the otherhand 5 of his 7 goals have come in 2 games so he still has to show he''s up to the job at this level. In any case, well done to the lad for hitting the net 3 times in 25 minutes.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]They can have a ball each, not like only 1 ball is used for the entire game[/quote]

Yeah it is now. Unless they swap at half time.

Well done to Jackson anyway

Well i very rarely post on here, though read the boards every day. But it has to be said that I have felt sorry for Simeon Jackson a few times this season... He certainly has the potential to score and feel he''s been unlucky up to now. So its fantastic to see him score today and really hope he takes this opportunity by the scruff of the neck so to speak. Maybe a brace at Swansea will set him up further.

Has to be said too, a very very possessional performance today by the boys. Well done Grant too, another classy performance by himself.

On The Ball City!!!!

I''ve been saying all season that I think he is a young player who has the ability, just needs the confidence. He has got a lot more minutes under his belt lately and has looked sharp; chuffed he scored today and not just one goal but three! [:)]

it wasnt asif jackson had easy chances either, they were all well taken goals.

martin wouldnt have scored them 3.

atleast if the horrible news comes that hoolahan isnt fit for swansea then jackson will be full of confidence to start with pacheco in the hoolahan free role!

I have been quite critical of Jackson at times, but I have always willed and hoped for him to score when he''s come on. Today I tip my hat to him and say well done young man.

Im so happy he scored today, he needed that, I am sure he will fly now given the chance.

Was talking to a Forest supporting mate after the game today, saying how we were bringing people on, the quailty of Lansbury, and then you bring on Simeon Jackson to go on to score a 20 min hattrick. He then went on to tell me how bad Simeon Jackson was. I took great pleasure in reminding his, that Simeon Jackson would be second in their top scorer list. Loving life !

Coming off the bench and scoring a hat trick in twenty minutes is a terrific effort, a great achievement for him. He''s a good player and hopefully today will be a big step forward for him. There is some serious competition for places in attack now!

Caught Holt & Jackson being interviewed on the radio on the drive home from the game, he''s letting Jackson have the ball. Not been totally impressed with Jackson''s play before, but hopefully he''ll go on a scoring run and fire in some important goals.

Very cold and efficient finishing from Simeon today. Pleasing to watch and pleasing to think that maybe some of that was due to both the club and him working hard at getting to that standard

Yes it was Scunthorpe, and yes most of the goals were due to less than enthuiastic defending, but the score didn''t reflect the game either.

Simeon will come up with us and hopefully he''ll at least bag a brace once - so that he can signal that two goal tally by putting up two fingers and two fiingers up to all those who doubted him.

I noticed when he scored he actually looked quite defient towards the home support, as if it was a two fingers up to the large amount of supporters who criticised him - Good for him I say. Hope he starts against Swansea with Pacheco in the free role should Wes be out for the season as is feared... Big blow as we have cover at the moment but what happens if something happens to Pacheco/Lansbury (who both were great today - and if we go up I hope we try to sign BOTH of them).

[quote user="Alex"]I noticed when he scored he actually looked quite defient towards the home support, as if it was a two fingers up to the large amount of supporters who criticised him - Good for him I say. Hope he starts against Swansea with Pacheco in the free role should Wes be out for the season as is feared... Big blow as we have cover at the moment but what happens if something happens to Pacheco/Lansbury (who both were great today - and if we go up I hope we try to sign BOTH of them).[/quote]

It''s all right him sticking two fingers up to the fans (not literally), but he''s treading a fine line in p***ing fans off if he gives the big attitude.  Fans get frustrated with strikers who don''t score, and to be quite honest until today I didn''t think the lad had many goals in him, but each time he played I was always willing him to do well, today he did well and will have heaps of praise and rightly so.

So yes he''s come in for some stick, but it''s understandable, as with any walk of life when you don''t do the job you''re paid to do you can''t expect a pat on the back.

Jackson has suffered from a lack of confidence, not having that many chances and not playing enough games to get a rthym. In later games he has been trying to hard which often has a negative effect!

Over the season he hasn''t been good enough but has shown enough to suggest he is worth persevering with, especially when considering that legend Iwan Roberts only got 7 goals in his 1st season with us, ironically Jacksons current goal tally!

Jackson took his goals well albeit against the worst Championship team I''ve seen this season who would struggle in League 1!

If Hoolahan is to miss next weeks game at Swansea then an obvious move would be to drop Pecheco into Hoolhans free role and start Jackson upfront with Holt!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Alex"]I noticed when he scored he actually looked quite defient towards the home support, as if it was a two fingers up to the large amount of supporters who criticised him - Good for him I say. Hope he starts against Swansea with Pacheco in the free role should Wes be out for the season as is feared... Big blow as we have cover at the moment but what happens if something happens to Pacheco/Lansbury (who both were great today - and if we go up I hope we try to sign BOTH of them).[/quote]

It''s all right him sticking two fingers up to the fans (not literally), but he''s treading a fine line in p***ing fans off if he gives the big attitude.  Fans get frustrated with strikers who don''t score, and to be quite honest until today I didn''t think the lad had many goals in him, but each time he played I was always willing him to do well, today he did well and will have heaps of praise and rightly so.

So yes he''s come in for some stick, but it''s understandable, as with any walk of life when you don''t do the job you''re paid to do you can''t expect a pat on the back.

[/quote]Agree with WAY 49 on this one.I think he needs to be careful. City paid a fair bit when they signed him and, if we''re honest he hasn''t really given value for money up to now. We''ve seen glimpses of his skill but he''s been given plenty of chances this year to show what he can do and usually not taken them.When he came on yesterday I thought if he can''t score here against a ten man team punch drunk and on the ropes at 3-0 down then he never will. His impressive hat-trick was more than any of us expected but he needs to have an impact against better opposition to get the fans on his side.

I said we should bring him on before Lambo made the change as it''s the best oppotunity for him to get a goal and get his confidence back up. Just goes to show when Lambo eventually leaves, I could fill in for him. [;)]

Jackson did look a little defiant when he scored didn''t he !?

BUT he also was pretty much one of the last players to leave the pitch at the end, and came over towards the Barclay to acknowledge the support that he especially received. Everyone around where I was sitting was willing Simeon to score when he came on, and then roared each of his successive goals. We were SO happy for Jackson''s hatrick today (to help get that monkey off his back)

Nice one Simeon! We''re right behind you [:D]

I am really glad that Jackson got his goals, he looked after each goal went in that a little weight was lifted off his shoulders. Well done to him for that  and hopefully with the hat trick under his belt he can play with a smile on his face.

He obviously has talent and a brace at The Liberty stadium next week will carry on that feel good factor for him along with a goal from Holt and Pacheco too!!

Totally agree. I''ve always claimed that once he got a goal it would help his confidence.. a hat trick on the other hand will have him feeling like Messi at the moment (yes, slight exaggeration!).

I think he''ll thrive from this and go on and get a few more if given the chance. I rated him through his goaless spell and will continue to do so. He''s only 23.. Holt didn''t start to really shine until his mid-late twenties!

Defiant ? ? ? He looked absolutely brimming over with hate if you ask me. again for the second goal. It looked like he was stood there thinking "Go F*** Yourself!"Pleased he scored. he''s been making intelligent runs all season and is a very "busy" player that causes problems. A fair few of Holt''s goals have been as a result of Jackson''s clever runs dragging players away from Holt.Today was one of the few times since we signed Jackson that we were actually able to play to his strength of getting ahead of defenders or running off their shoulders. His first 3 or 4 games he was playing most of them with his back to goal.Well done Simeon!

Away at Bristol he was on fire and since then I''ve always called for him to partner Holt up front, he must have feared the worst when we got the two loans in. Well done Jackson !

I was really impressed by Jackson''s performance. He had only 25 minutes to score a hat-trick, when his confidence had been down for quite some time but managed to. Ok, it was against a 10 man relegation doomed side that was probably quite tired and frustrated by then whilst he had only just started playing but none of his goals came from the penalty spot.

We must also bear in mind that Jackson has come from a side that was relegated from League One last season, though he played really well. Lambert only really signs the top players from lower leagues at the moment is because they are cheaper and easier to sign, though of course there is a very high risk that they will turn out as a waste of money. Promotion would pay off our debts, and so then we might be able to search for slightly more expensive players. We mustn''t be critical of players like Jackson who seem to have poor confidence, just accept where they''ve come from and why they''ve come from there. Hopefully his hat-trick will boost his confidence though.

From where i was in the SP he seemed to be in a state of shock after his first goal, his facial expression revealed , an under current of anger and frustration tinged with exaltation. Mixed emotions but not anti crowd, that does not seems in his character.

HRH

Nothing more he could do than that yesterday - he did look relieved to have scored so hopefully he will kick on from there for the remaining games

However I would stick with Pacheco with holt and either wes or lansbury behind if the worst hoolahoop fears are realised