Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

NEW SIGNING FOR NORWICH...

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]
...Simeon needs game time because he has frightening pace but just lacks that match sharpness.
[/quote]

After last night''s performance I''d rather have Cody back to be honest, his pace is good but he contributes very little else to the game and missed an absolute sitter.
[/quote]
And Cody missed an absolute sitter two levels down on Saturday , get over Cody he will be sold in the summer and would not cut it in the Championship anyway.
[/quote]

So what, all strikers miss good chances.  Rooney, Tevez, Bent, Villa, Ronaldo, Pele, Lineker, Klinsmann, Van Basten.  Need I go on?[:^)]

Cody is a Norwich player, who has done no wrong, yet your one of the ''fans'' who seem to delight in bashing him.  Why?[:@]

Cody misses a chance, someone posts it on here, then the Cody hater camp all jump on it and say, "see that proves he''s not good enough". Morons!

[/quote]

What the poster failed to mention is that he later went on to score with a great header. Anybody should really be able to see that he is better than Jackson who is very one-footed.

[/quote]
Jacksons record in leagues 1 and 2 show he is a class above Cody ,Cody has found his level but the truth is Lambert hardly used him in league 1 so he will never make it at Norwich now .
[/quote]

To be fair to Cody he is actually outscoring what Jackson did in League 2, particularly when you look at the number of games that Jackson got his goals in. Personally i know which one I would back to score us a crucial chance if it came his way at the moment! Having said that I think Jackson will come good, his problem may be though that by the time he does we are in the prem and he won''t get a game!

i''m not sure why we''re all assuming its a 2-3mm deal.i think we''ve actually seen this board be very frugal with its money during lambert''s time, even when you consider the additional 2mm from foulger we got recently.i would imagine the deal would be something more along the lines of:a.  loan fee in the couple of hundred thousand poundsb.  if promoted to premership, a larger fee, like 2mm totalc.  if not promoted, its either a lower fee, like 1-1.5mm or he returns back to posh or something like thati''m not really sure.  but i think i would trust this board''s judgment to not put in a situation where the money doesn''t make sense.i dont really know this player but i watched a 6 minute montage on youtube.  he''s very committed.  he''s a lambert-style player who gives 120% to the cause.  we like those players.if we do get promoted, and he''s part of a team of strikers that includes holt, cms and martin (cant see AW or SJ making it), then it still means we will have many millions to spend on a 4th (and potentially #1) striker.i think this is a good move under the assumption that the deal is not as cut and dry structurally as simply a 2-3mm move at the end of the loan.my two cents...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Thecanaryfan. He played in the Championship, for the WORST club that season, and still managed to score 10. Unless you had the privilege of watching every game he played for Pboro that season, how can you say that?? He hasn''t played for a GOOD team in the Championship yet, no Peterborough player was good that season.[/quote]

Yes but I''m betting a reason they were the WORST club was goal shy strikers. For two to three million I expect 23 goals a season, not 10. And striker that creates his own goals.

And its hardly like current strikers like Jackson and Wilbraham have been missing sitters. There has been a distinct lack of service.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]...Simeon needs game time because he has frightening pace but just lacks that match sharpness.[/quote]After last night''s performance I''d rather have Cody back to be honest, his pace is good but he contributes very little else to the game and missed an absolute sitter.[/quote]And Cody missed an absolute sitter two levels down on Saturday , get over Cody he will be sold in the summer and would not cut it in the Championship anyway.[/quote]

So what, all strikers miss good chances.  Rooney, Tevez, Bent, Villa, Ronaldo, Pele, Lineker, Klinsmann, Van Basten.  Need I go on?[:^)]

Cody is a Norwich player, who has done no wrong, yet your one of the ''fans'' who seem to delight in bashing him.  Why?[:@]

Cody misses a chance, someone posts it on here, then the Cody hater camp all jump on it and say, "see that proves he''s not good enough". Morons!

[/quote]

What the poster failed to mention is that he later went on to score with a great header. Anybody should really be able to see that he is better than Jackson who is very one-footed.

[/quote]Jacksons record in leagues 1 and 2 show he is a class above Cody ,Cody has found his level but the truth is Lambert hardly used him in league 1 so he will never make it at Norwich now .[/quote]

To be fair to Cody he is actually outscoring what Jackson did in League 2, particularly when you look at the number of games that Jackson got his goals in. Personally i know which one I would back to score us a crucial chance if it came his way at the moment! Having said that I think Jackson will come good, his problem may be though that by the time he does we are in the prem and he won''t get a game!

[/quote]Wasn''t Jackson playing in League One last season?

Russell Martin was deemed not good enough for that Posh team last season... I beleive he''s currently now statistically the best defender in the Championship. So annoying when people slate a signing before they play.

And Posh''s problems last season (and this infact) has been they leak goals for fun.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Probably already been mentioned but CMS is in Posh''s squad for tonight''s game at Sheff Wed. Been confirmed by BBC.[/quote]

yeah was also said in their statement this morning that he would definately be in the squad tonight; I wonder if thats the end of it then or possibly his last game for them?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/peterborough_united/9425263.stm

Reading between the lines, Barry Fry spoke with Lambert, seemed like good business but once Ferguson found out, he wasnt happy and Barry pulled the plug on the deal and the chairman has said he can go in the summer if they win promotion or he doesnt sign a contract. Barry Fry likes a deal and this makes Posh a lot of money so if it was his choice, he would be with us by now. Dion wont be announcing such offers in the future I dont think.

It is very strange. As someone says, DD is a professional guy and he has NCFC interests very close to his heart. Add this to the Kevin Piper factor and i don''t believe for a minute that Dion would have said anything without clearing it at board level or with McNally.I feel certain that it''s a McNally tactic. They''ve had no success in their initial enquiries, so this is their final effort making it public. Now we just have to sit back, let the agents do the dirty work, and see what comes of it.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/league-one/5919/4/exclusive-mackail-smith-vows-fire-peterborough-promotion-after-missing-ou

Have a listen to this, i feel he really wanted to come. I am afraid too late too late could be the cry!

Ah, ok, that BBC article sheds a bit more light. Does sound like Fry was willing to do business. But looking at their league position, it''s a bit like Brighton. When you''re in that position you wouldn''t want to sell before securing your promotion. The thing about not keeping a player who doesn''t want to be there doesn''t really apply because in both cases (CMS, Bennett) they only need stay until the summer and then they can have their wish and get a move. They''d just look like spoilt brats if they went on strike or something and that would only mark them down in the eyes of potential summer suitors.

[quote user="natncfc"]http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/league-one/5919/4/exclusive-mackail-smith-vows-fire-peterborough-promotion-after-missing-ou Have a listen to this, i feel he really wanted to come. I am afraid too late too late could be the cry![/quote]

Listen?

[quote user="natncfc"]yeh copy and paste into your browser[/quote]

Well.....I did that and read the report but can see nowhere on that page is there an Audio button to listen.

Tbh im suprised they would let him go now with them being on quite a good run. My friend who supports Peterborough seems to think that whether Peterborough go up or not Mackal Smith will probably be on his way

Sounds like Mcnally is not a happy man...

david mcnally

Why is it that ex-players kid on about being ''in the know'', like last night on BBC? They end up misleading the fans @

Can understand if you were half way through dealing with the posh!

Yeah, he''s not impressed! Here''s another one...

Its a shame when ex players miss the attention. They should move on. Let our players enjoy the attention they deserve @norwichcityfc #ncfc

Twitter for BlackBerry® • 15/03/2011 19:21

...has just tweeted this "Its a shame when ex players miss the attention. They should move on. Let our players enjoy the attention they deserve"I can only think of one person this is aimed at, unless I am being very stupid? Dion?Doesn''t sound a happy bunny!

We dont want CMS here anyway! he''s 27. Billy sharp, C.evans, D.graham, S.long are all younger and all know where the goal is in this level.

Could sheff utd really turn down 3m?

Doncaster cant turn away £3m, can they?

There are better options than CMS!

Yeah I saw that, I also think he''s not daft though...

By making those type of comments, people will talk about what hes saying rather than the transfer..sounds like a bit of smoke and mirrors to me. I really wouldn''t be surprised if there is more to come with the CMS deal and this is part of the strategy in keeping that underwraps by pushing the attention on Dion

It is definitely Dion , just seen that McNally tweeted this 1 hour ago"Why is it that ex-players kid on about being ''in the know'', like last night on BBC? They end up misleading the fans"

I also think we can do better than cms. To much of a gamble for me, needs to be prem class or proven championship. Long or sharp..

C''mon folks, a bit of a cock up by DD, but he''s known to be a top fella so i think we can let him off, nothing malicious in it, just a silly mistake (had he had a shandy i wonder?)...

Long or Sharp are gonna cost us double CMS IMO.

I''m just pleased it''s Paul Lambert in charge of this team and not the fans who slated the signings of people such as R.Martin, Crofts, Fox etc.

I still think Dion''s been led along a merry dance in all of this......I really don''t think he''d risk his reputation and integrity on something he''d just decided to make up........