Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

NEW SIGNING FOR NORWICH...

The thing is guys we have no idea what the offer was/is, how it was structured, addons et al, we are all assuming. Things we do know is that Fry loves to bargain and wheel and deal and McNally and Lambert are shrewd operators. Let''s sit back and watch it unfold.

Surely that much money could buy us someone decent from Germany......

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Norwich City have been told “to make a decent offer” if they want to secure the services of Peterborough striker Craig Mackail-Smith.

I dont think we offered 3 million somehow???
[/quote]

Seems they are holding us to ransom, Barry Fry (tuck) is being very greedy o n this one, no way is he worth more than £1 mill, I think we should keep the money, We should not have made public the extra £2mill Lambert had, this is the real point here

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s being greedy, it''s being clever! If we were in their position and our chairman just rolled over and took the first bid we would all be furious, why is it any different for them?

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Norwich City have been told “to make a decent offer” if they want to secure the services of Peterborough striker Craig Mackail-Smith.I dont think we offered 3 million somehow???[/quote]

Seems they are holding us to ransom, Barry Fry (tuck) is being very greedy o n this one, no way is he worth more than £1 mill, I think we should keep the money, We should not have made public the extra £2mill Lambert had, this is the real point here

[/quote]Its been said before and proven in the Bennett saga, Lambert will have a price in mind and wont pay above the odds, in Lambert we trust [:D]

[quote user="willo2"]The thing is guys we have no idea what the offer was/is, how it was structured, addons et al, we are all assuming. Things we do know is that Fry loves to bargain and wheel and deal and McNally and Lambert are shrewd operators. Let''s sit back and watch it unfold.[/quote]

McNally may be a shrewd operator but I don''t know why that is relevant to a situation where Peterborough own the asset and the world and its wife now know that Norwich want it. Seems to me that Fry has all the trump cards. The sort of position Fry enjoys being in.

[quote user="YellowOne1"]Because it says the offer is nowhere near and we have heard that a few times before. How much could they want for him ? Charlie Austin was the biggest name forward in that division and he went for around £1.8 - 2 million so you would think any bid of around £2million would get him .Knowing Norwich they have bid something silly like £800,000 .[/quote]

Why do people like you actually bother trying to ''contribute'' when you can''t even read up a little bit about the point in hand? Dion said the offer (and remember he got the information from a reliable source at London Road) was in the region of 2.5 to 3 million pounds. The Mirror also broke the story just before Dion announced it, presumably they had been fed the information from the same reliable source.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Norwich-transfer-news-Canaries-look-set-to-land-Peterborough-striker-Craig-Mackail-Smith-in-a-deal-worth-up-to-3million-article713869.html

[quote user="cityangel"]£3m seems a lot of money  and now they want more?????????[/quote]

Call thier bluff and say we don''t want him and keep the money in the bank, There are better players out there worth the £3.mill, if we have that kind of money, surely we can look higher than lg1  

Don’t get me wrong as I would think CMS would be a great signing for us and ticks all the Lambert requirements, and as finisher he looks class, but I also think that the reported £3m is a very good offer!

DF Quote: “They want to get into the Premier League which is worth an awful lot of money, and if they want to be serious about it they need to make us a decent offer.”

Who are you to question our seriousness in achieving premiership status?, you are the son of one of the words best managers , not actually one !

I now have a serious dislike for him as his statement is nothing short of pure arrogance IMO, and personally I would tell him to stick his upped offer where the sun don’t shine.

Agree with CA here. CMS would be a good signing but I''d be concerned about spending the whole budget on a player who at 27 has only played a single season in the Championship. Admittedly we paid that sort of money for Dean Ashton, but that was when we had Prem money and he was a young player with a huge future which West Ham duly paid 7m for.

Like others here, I trust Lambert and McNally to do the right thing.

[quote user="cityangel"]£3m seems a lot of money  and now they want more?????????[/quote]

As I have said above I very much doubt that the argument is over the headline figure of £3 million (although if it is they can sod off) but more about how that £3 million offer is structured, the timing of the payments and whats elements of it will be conditional on. We no doubt want to defer payment as much as possible and make it conditional on various things, they no doubt want it all in cash, up front!

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[quote user="YellowOne1"]Because it says the offer is nowhere near and we have heard that a few times before. How much could they want for him ? Charlie Austin was the biggest name forward in that division and he went for around £1.8 - 2 million so you would think any bid of around £2million would get him .Knowing Norwich they have bid something silly like £800,000 .[/quote]

Why do people like you actually bother trying to ''contribute'' when you can''t even read up a little bit about the point in hand? Dion said the offer (and remember he got the information from a reliable source at London Road) was in the region of 2.5 to 3 million pounds. The Mirror also broke the story just before Dion announced it, presumably they had been fed the information from the same reliable source.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Norwich-transfer-news-Canaries-look-set-to-land-Peterborough-striker-Craig-Mackail-Smith-in-a-deal-worth-up-to-3million-article713869.html

[/quote]

You actually believe Dion had a source , why do you bother to contribute ? clearly from what Macnally says Dion knew sod all probably read the Mirror rubbish online and thought he would come over the big man on tv .

I agree - call their bluff. If as they say there are other clubs after him are they able to put £3 million plus on the table? CMS wants to come and his contract ends shortly and we could get promoted without him and still have money to spend.

An interesting poker scenario "call or fold"

[quote user="YellowOne1"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[/quote] You actually believe Dion had a source , why do you bother to contribute ? clearly from what Macnally says Dion knew sod all probably read the Mirror rubbish online and thought he would come over the big man on tv .[/quote]

FFS, delete your account man, you''re so out of the loop here it''s really not worth you wasting anymore energy typing. Do you actually believe that Dion read this on the Mirror website at 23:00 monday night and then got the Producers of LKO to change the whole running order in the space of a few minutes to fit this ''rumour'' in? Go away, read this thread from the beginning and all the others, watch LKO on iplayer, read all the online reports and then come back with a half-sensible reply.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

As I have said above I very much doubt that the argument is over the headline figure of £3 million (although if it is they can sod off) but more about how that £3 million offer is structured, the timing of the payments and whats elements of it will be conditional on. We no doubt want to defer payment as much as possible and make it conditional on various things, they no doubt want it all in cash, up front!

[/quote]

I agree Jim and would have thought we would offer around £1m, then another £2m if we go up and then say another £1m when he''s scored so many goals/made so many appearances etc etc

We don''t have £3m to give them upfront anyway and I personally wouldn''t want us to pay that for him.

MY 1000th POST [<:o)]If CMS is worth this sort of money then surely a certain Cody Mcdonald is worth a considerable sum too, i wouldn''t be surprised after the season he has had that clubs come sniffing? A very valuable assett is Mr Mcdonald.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

I agree Jim and would have thought we would offer around £1m, then another £2m if we go up and then say another £1m when he''s scored so many goals/made so many appearances etc etc

We don''t have £3m to give them upfront anyway and I personally wouldn''t want us to pay that for him.

[/quote]

Oh really? Just how much have we got to play with then? I love it when a club insider starts to post some real info.

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"][quote user="YellowOne1"][quote user="Raymond Getärd"]

[/quote] You actually believe Dion had a source , why do you bother to contribute ? clearly from what Macnally says Dion knew sod all probably read the Mirror rubbish online and thought he would come over the big man on tv .[/quote]

FFS, delete your account man, you''re so out of the loop here it''s really not worth you wasting anymore energy typing. Do you actually believe that Dion read this on the Mirror website at 23:00 monday night and then got the Producers of LKO to change the whole running order in the space of a few minutes to fit this ''rumour'' in? Go away, read this thread from the beginning and all the others, watch LKO on iplayer, read all the online reports and then come back with a half-sensible reply.

[/quote]

Doubt he would know where to start

[quote user="Raymond Getard"]

Oh really? Just how much have we got to play with then? I love it when a club insider starts to post some real info.

[/quote]

I thought that Mr Foulger gave us £2m in January  and some of that must have gone on Rob Edwards loan fee and wages so I''m assuming some of that is gone ??

Everyone is assuming that Dion got his information from Norwich which is reasonable given his background but everyone is ignoring an important part of the story.....

What Dion also said was that Peterborough had a couple of signings lined up to come in when the deal was done.   How would City know that and why would McNally or anyone else care?   Barry Fry would know what Posh were planning.   I think it is far more likely that the deal was on and was leaked by Peterborough who backtracked when Fergie threw a wobbly. 

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]MY 1000th POST [<:o)]If CMS is worth this sort of money then surely a certain Cody Mcdonald is worth a considerable sum too, i wouldn''t be surprised after the season he has had that clubs come sniffing? A very valuable assett is Mr Mcdonald.[/quote]Don''t mean to BIG up my own post, but i really do think Cody could play a big part of any transfer dealings as a player exchange deal. If we got promoted i cant see him coming with us? But he (Cody) should be given a chance at Championsip level.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Raymond Getard"]

[/quote]

I thought that Mr Foulger gave us £2m in January  and some of that must have gone on Rob Edwards loan fee and wages so I''m assuming some of that is gone ??

[/quote]

And of course, the lansbury loan

Also, agree with the point about how it could have been Peterborough who leaked the info, would make more sense

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Agree with CA here. CMS would be a good signing but I''d be concerned about spending the whole budget on a player who at 27 has only played a single season in the Championship. Admittedly we paid that sort of money for Dean Ashton, but that was when we had Prem money and he was a young player with a huge future which West Ham duly paid 7m for.

Like others here, I trust Lambert and McNally to do the right thing.[/quote]

Mmm, like Jackson, MacNamee and Wilbraham ? CMS is 27, a league one player who, granted, played for the Posh in the Championship so I think it uncertain that he will be good enough to help us across the line in the vital remaining matches that we have at the top of the division and I think it pretty much guaranteed that he will nto be good enough for the Premieship if we make it.

[quote user="Bogbrush118"]

Mmm, like Jackson, MacNamee and Wilbraham ? CMS is 27, a league one player who, granted, played for the Posh in the Championship so I think it uncertain that he will be good enough to help us across the line in the vital remaining matches that we have at the top of the division and I think it pretty much guaranteed that he will nto be good enough for the Premieship if we make it.[/quote]Absolute bogbrush, Bogbrush. Nothing like pre judging a player before he''s even signed.DJ Campbell, for Blackpool, is still the fourth highest English scorer in the Premiership and the 10th highest scorer overall. Fact of the matter is, if he fits in the team and fits to our tactics, he can do well.

I think the news stories coming from both camps are pointing to Mr Fry holding out for more money.

I personally think this one will happen, probably just in time for the Friday press conference!

From comments Darren Ferguson made, I believe they are more then willing to sell him but he just said that to get abit more money. If we were to find another £1 million I think they wouldn''t refuse that. I think that £3 million already is too high and we should look at other options. But the big question is, who?

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="Bogbrush118"]

Mmm, like Jackson, MacNamee and Wilbraham ? CMS is 27, a league one player who, granted, played for the Posh in the Championship so I think it uncertain that he will be good enough to help us across the line in the vital remaining matches that we have at the top of the division and I think it pretty much guaranteed that he will nto be good enough for the Premieship if we make it.[/quote]Absolute bogbrush, Bogbrush. Nothing like pre judging a player before he''s even signed.DJ Campbell, for Blackpool, is still the fourth highest English scorer in the Premiership and the 10th highest scorer overall. Fact of the matter is, if he fits in the team and fits to our tactics, he can do well. [/quote]

Don''t be silly.

Diffinitely think the story first came from Peterborogh for the reasons mentioned earlier in the thread. This is reinforced by the new stuff that has come out from Barry Fry today which makes me think that he is trying to keep the speculation alive. I wonder why?

Fry has a reputation for brink-man-ship in order to get the best deal he can. He''s certainly not known for holding on to players when he gets a good offer. It''s all speculation of course but I dont feel this is dead in the water by a long chalk.