Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

NEW SIGNING FOR NORWICH...

[quote user="alysha"]

[quote user="bigmac"]lambert just been on talk sport and claims he knows nothing about it. now someone must be telling porkies lambert or dion?
[/quote]

well he must know something about it because we have had a bid rejected

[/quote]

He''s telling fibs [:)]

[quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]...Simeon needs game time because he has frightening pace but just lacks that match sharpness.[/quote]After last night''s performance I''d rather have Cody back to be honest, his pace is good but he contributes very little else to the game and missed an absolute sitter.[/quote]And Cody missed an absolute sitter two levels down on Saturday , get over Cody he will be sold in the summer and would not cut it in the Championship anyway.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

We don''t need any distractions and that is why PL is trying to dampen it down.

Despite our striker ''problems'' we are the third highest goalscorers who carry a threat all over the pitch (including Ruddy''s assists).

Our problem is stopping goals but that is largely to do with the cavalier way we play, hence entertaining games.

Am I alone in thinking that, injuries aside, we have enough?  Martin is on the way back, Oli is coming back soon after games under his belt and Simeon needs game time because he has frightening pace but just lacks that match sharpness.

But, like everyone else, I am surprised Dion made the disclosure.

[/quote]A lot of sense in this post, but I still think an extra striker will be important going forward. Wilbraham, Jackson, Martin, McDonald and Johnson aren''t good enough for the Premiership, and even if we don''t go up this season then I definitely think we need a proven goalscorer to continue our momentum. The only caveat is that CMS has only had one season at Championship level, so it''s still a bit of a gamble at £2.5m I think.

Fry says that he will leave in the summer, Craig is upset that Peterborough wont allow him to grow.  I think if we are a Premiership side come summer we wont be buying him then.

Don''t wanna get in a bidding war with other clubs in summer really, but I guess if we''re promoted then should be easier. Problem is, we could do with him now. So do Peterborough unfortunately - do feel very sorry for him though because he must be frustrated as hell after having 6 bids rejected for him and knowing he could go up a level and get more money too etc etc. Like the chairman said, you want promotion in your job and he''s given them everything.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Fry says that he will leave in the summer, Craig is upset that Peterborough wont allow him to grow.  I think if we are a Premiership side come summer we wont be buying him then.[/quote]Agreed, it''s now or never for him!

The fact Lambert is denying all knowledge of it actually makes me feel slightly better about it all. Lambert''s playing mind games about it, I''m fairly confident CMS will be a City player by Saturday.

Posh have a game tonight so maybe they''ve made a gentlemen''s agreement to not announce it til after that? Unlikely but who knows.

If we did get promoted i feel the club would be very shrewd with the money they recieve, i trust Lambert to get the right sort of player in, but we would have to get someone with pedigree, i still think players like the forgotten Mr Bennett, Shane Long ect will be worth a punt, but we will have to get some proven talent in to.  Promotion would mean club stability, of course there would be the increased stadium debate, but i think in Lambert we have a manager that seeks out the players with the right attitude, Norwich ''Butlins'' City is NO MORE [:)]

[quote user="Lambo"]

The fact Lambert is denying all knowledge of it actually makes me feel slightly better about it all. Lambert''s playing mind games about it, I''m fairly confident CMS will be a City player by Saturday.

Posh have a game tonight so maybe they''ve made a gentlemen''s agreement to not announce it til after that? Unlikely but who knows.

[/quote]

It could be an expensive mistake if he gets a serious injury tonight. They should bite our hands off for that money as we could get Ched Evans for that.  

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote]

It could be an expensive mistake if he gets a serious injury tonight. They should bite our hands off for that money as we could get Ched Evans for that.  

[/quote]I guess we really dont know what sort of bid was really put on the table? I''m kind of hoping this one is dead in the water, i like the way Norwich go about there business under the Radar. Fry has got a BIG mouth to match his BIG belly!

Anybody think that Dion''s "source" was probably Barry Fry who''s in a no-lose situation here. Either he starts a bidding war for Mackail-Smith and ends up claiming that the player was determined to move regardless of what the club wanted or he gets to say publically "Arn''t we committed to a promotion push, we''re clinging on to our top scorer no matter what the offer".

I think there''s a very real chance that Dion''s been duped/dubed into being Barry''s publicist here.

[quote user="Canary Call Special Needs Admin"]

Anybody think that Dion''s "source" was probably Barry Fry who''s in a no-lose situation here. Either he starts a bidding war for Mackail-Smith and ends up claiming that the player was determined to move regardless of what the club wanted or he gets to say publically "Arn''t we committed to a promotion push, we''re clinging on to our top scorer no matter what the offer".

I think there''s a very real chance that Dion''s been duped/dubed into being Barry''s publicist here.

[/quote]See my above post, couldn''t agree more. Fry is a regular on the show, he knows Dion well, i bet Dion feels betryed!!!?

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]...Simeon needs game time because he has frightening pace but just lacks that match sharpness.[/quote]After last night''s performance I''d rather have Cody back to be honest, his pace is good but he contributes very little else to the game and missed an absolute sitter.[/quote]And Cody missed an absolute sitter two levels down on Saturday , get over Cody he will be sold in the summer and would not cut it in the Championship anyway.[/quote]He''s got a better chance of cutting in the Championship than Jackson at the moment. It''s doesn''t matter what level you''re at as a striker, regularly scoring goals is what counts.

The idea of signing a player on loan to permanent is another option.  It shows the club are looking at all avenues in a bid for promotion when loan only deals look dead in the water.

It looks this won''t happen, but it could be a possibility for another player?

Pboro loaned Boyd to Forest in March last year with view to permanent, yet Boyd ended up staying at Pboro in spite of their relegation.

I don''t think Jackson will make it in the Champs.  To be fair to lad he may start to score some given a 10-15 game run in a side, which he hasn''t had with us.  But we can''t afford to give him that chance, especially not now this season.  Jackson looks way, way short on confidence.

Fry''s comments in that BBC article are hardly "he ain''t going nowhere" are they. He is basically admitting that CMS wants to join us and is p**sed off he can''t. This one is not dead yet. Is an encouraging thing that as with Bennett these players now seem really keen to join us when we make an approach.

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]
...Simeon needs game time because he has frightening pace but just lacks that match sharpness.
[/quote]

After last night''s performance I''d rather have Cody back to be honest, his pace is good but he contributes very little else to the game and missed an absolute sitter.
[/quote]
And Cody missed an absolute sitter two levels down on Saturday , get over Cody he will be sold in the summer and would not cut it in the Championship anyway.
[/quote]

So what, all strikers miss good chances.  Rooney, Tevez, Bent, Villa, Ronaldo, Pele, Lineker, Klinsmann, Van Basten.  Need I go on?[:^)]

Cody is a Norwich player, who has done no wrong, yet your one of the ''fans'' who seem to delight in bashing him.  Why?[:@]

Cody misses a chance, someone posts it on here, then the Cody hater camp all jump on it and say, "see that proves he''s not good enough". Morons!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Fry''s comments in that BBC article are hardly "he ain''t going nowhere" are they. He is basically admitting that CMS wants to join us and is p**sed off he can''t. This one is not dead yet. Is an encouraging thing that as with Bennett these players now seem really keen to join us when we make an approach.[/quote]

Totally agree, "Uncle Barry" is pushing this one along.

Anything official on this yet?  Pboro saying bid turned down and Lambert saying he knows nothing about it? 

Something doesn''t add up.  If we haven''t made a bid, then you would have thought we aren''t going to be too happy Pboro saying that we have and you would have thought that we would have made an announcement to the contrary.

I am not saying that the relative silence means that negotiations are still on-going but it makes you wonder[:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

...Simeon needs game time because he has frightening pace but just lacks that match sharpness.
[/quote]

After last night''s performance I''d rather have Cody back to be honest, his pace is good but he contributes very little else to the game and missed an absolute sitter.
[/quote]
And Cody missed an absolute sitter two levels down on Saturday , get over Cody he will be sold in the summer and would not cut it in the Championship anyway.
[/quote]

So what, all strikers miss good chances.  Rooney, Tevez, Bent, Villa, Ronaldo, Pele, Lineker, Klinsmann, Van Basten.  Need I go on?[:^)]

Cody is a Norwich player, who has done no wrong, yet your one of the ''fans'' who seem to delight in bashing him.  Why?[:@]

Cody misses a chance, someone posts it on here, then the Cody hater camp all jump on it and say, "see that proves he''s not good enough". Morons!

[/quote]

What the poster failed to mention is that he later went on to score with a great header. Anybody should really be able to see that he is better than Jackson who is very one-footed.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I totally agree with you NBS - apart from putting Darren Bent in the same league as Marco Van Basten. Van Basten was a true master - Bent? Er, no!

Probably not a popular comment this but I would consider this to be a shocking signing. He has only played in the Championship once before (last season) and was far from impressive - 10 goals in 43 games. With very realistic Premier League aspirations next season, I think it would be insane to spend so much money on a player who cant even cut it in the Championship.

Fry must be also be insane to turn down a £2m + bid though I understand his reasononing to want to hold onto him till seasons end.

Im confident we will gain promotion without an additional striker. Save the money for the summer spending spree where it will be better utilised with additional funds.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="Notts Canary"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]...Simeon needs game time because he has frightening pace but just lacks that match sharpness.[/quote]After last night''s performance I''d rather have Cody back to be honest, his pace is good but he contributes very little else to the game and missed an absolute sitter.[/quote]And Cody missed an absolute sitter two levels down on Saturday , get over Cody he will be sold in the summer and would not cut it in the Championship anyway.[/quote]

[/quote]

What the poster failed to mention is that he later went on to score with a great header. Anybody should really be able to see that he is better than Jackson who is very one-footed.

[/quote]Jacksons record in leagues 1 and 2 show he is a class above Cody ,Cody has found his level but the truth is Lambert hardly used him in league 1 so he will never make it at Norwich now .

Sorry, but I don''t think we can really judge either Jackson or Cody yet, so comparing them between each other is just daft.

Thecanaryfan.

He played in the Championship, for the WORST club that season, and still managed to score 10. Unless you had the privilege of watching every game he played for Pboro that season, how can you say that??

He hasn''t played for a GOOD team in the Championship yet, no Peterborough player was good that season.

Good player, but a £2-3 million player. For that sort of money i''d rather us get a more established striker, and maybe a bit younger. Shane Long.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Probably not a popular comment this but I would consider this to be a shocking signing. He has only played in the Championship once before (last season) and was far from impressive - 10 goals in 43 games. With very realistic Premier League aspirations next season, I think it would be insane to spend so much money on a player who cant even cut it in the Championship.

Fry must be also be insane to turn down a £2m + bid though I understand his reasononing to want to hold onto him till seasons end.

Im confident we will gain promotion without an additional striker. Save the money for the summer spending spree where it will be better utilised with additional funds.

[/quote]

Just like Grant Holt after his time at Forest eh?

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote] I totally agree with you NBS - apart from putting Darren Bent in the same league as Marco Van Basten. Van Basten was a true master - Bent? Er, no![/quote]

Far from it.  I am indeed not comparing the two.  I just listed strikers off the top of my head from the present and past who scored regularly in the top leagues and whether they are / were good, very good or excellent, they all miss easy chances from time to time.

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="paul moy"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Jacksons record in leagues 1 and 2 show he is a class above Cody ,Cody has found his level but the truth is Lambert hardly used him in league 1 so he will never make it at Norwich now .
[/quote]

Really?  Take away Jackson''s penalties from those ''records'' and what are you left with?

He wasn''t used regularly in his FIRST full season of league football. How many players are? So the point you raise on this has no value to it in my opinion.  This is his first full season of playing regular league football and he is goint to score over 20 goals (+ he is not the penalty taker[;)]).  These are the FACTS, shockingly bad aren''t they, lol[;)]