Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

NEW SIGNING FOR NORWICH...

Ferguson (real or fake) has just tweeted "Phonecall of Barry was interesting, we have agreed to put this behind us

and move on. Also CMS is still in my team until I''m told otherwise".Darren, we''re signing him. Sorted. [:D]

Barry Fry''s a canny so and so. If there''ve been six clubs making enquiries ...is this how you start an auction? Or at least squeeze out every last penny?

Still think there is something in this, can''t believe Dion would spill the beans if he wasn''t sure it was going to happen, even went as far as to say that Posh had replacements lined up. Also can''t believe the player himself would turn down a move to a club in our position, Posh are doing well but in reality the best they can hope for is being a yo yo club between league 1 and the Championship.

Actually just to add to that - I suppose if he helps get us to the premiership and does nothing but that, then 2-3 million is nothing compared to parachute payments; sorry people ignore my pessimestic views this morning, I have nothing against the player - I''m just not used to Norwich spending this much on a player in the last few years; in Lambert and Mcnally we trust [:P]

[:O] What ever is DD thinking about,as i said earlier in the thread it sounded like it was a done deal,now this morning it sounds like it''s not even close,i can''t believe they would say what they said last night on late kick off if it was actually so far from being a done deal,PANTS!!!

Seems a lot of money to me too for a League 1 striker unproven in the championship but then Holt has risen to the occasion so who knows?

There''s one way to find out if there''s anything going on with this - someone pop down to CR and see how Lambert has parked his car this morning.

Alternatively, someone check Asda/Morrisons.

Great if its true though

"Am I the only one not jumping for joy if this happens? Don''t get me wrong, I''m not saying he isn''t a good player and that he won''t score goals, but I just think 2-3 million is a lot of money to spend on a 27 year old who scored most of his goals in a lower league; I''m not saying that it can''t work but 2-3 million is a big risk. Jackson has barely scored despite banging them in for fun at lower leagues and is younger than Mckail-Smith, likewise Martin scored a few in the championship a few seasons ago, scored a lot in league 1 and has struggled for goals this season; and what if we are in the prem next season? If it pays off then great, I just think 2-3 million is alot of money to spend on this type of player, especially if we do get promoted to the premiership and he can''t cut it. Don''t get me wrong I really do hope he is worth it though"

I think this is a player with an outstanding goalscoring record over the last 5 seasons who fits the bill in terms of being hungry and keen to prove himself at a higher level. He''s not a big time charlie by all accounts and should fir well into our squad. Yes its a lot of money but if we go up its peanuts and if we don''t well then in Holt and CMS we would have a terrific strikeforce for next season. Essentially if this happens its the Foulger money being spent (plus maybe a bit of the ST money from the 20,000 renewals) so i don''t see it as a huge risk. If we had had a second striker who could score playing last night we would have won by 3 or 4 goals and had we had one for the rest of this season then IMO we would be seriously challenging QPR for the title.

[quote user="kdncfc"]Still think there is something in this, can''t believe Dion would spill the beans if he wasn''t sure it was going to happen, even went as far as to say that Posh had replacements lined up. Also can''t believe the player himself would turn down a move to a club in our position, Posh are doing well but in reality the best they can hope for is being a yo yo club between league 1 and the Championship.
[/quote]

According to Barry Fry last week on late kick off bids had been turned down in Jan from clubs which it would appear included premier league clubs. I am sure he said they had turned down £2.5m, so firstly the player himself I would think would have no problem if he could have gone premier league, but more to the point I cant see what would have changed in a week.

From Peterboroughs point of view you have to take of the green and yellow specs, what would you say to our board if they sold grant holt. You would all want Delia out even if the price was £10m 

Really gutted to hear this!

A massive bid which would have been risky, but albeit for a decent player. Hopefully that''s not the end of the situation and maybe we can take this further.

Feel sorry for Lambert though, he really is trying

So, has Dublin been kicked off the show then? Because he did not do his professional standing much good shouting his mouth off like that.

It''s all a little embarrassing for Dion at the moment. Peterborough can''t turn that sort of money down surely? I still think there is more to this?

[quote user="Raymond Getärd"]So, has Dublin been kicked off the show then? Because he did not do his professional standing much good shouting his mouth off like that.[/quote]

Apparently, according to what people have said on here, he didn''t directly say we were definitely signing him, just that we were ''strongly linked with''

lambert just been on talk sport and claims he knows nothing about it. now someone must be telling porkies lambert or dion?

[quote user="bigmac"]lambert just been on talk sport and claims he knows nothing about it. now someone must be telling porkies lambert or dion?
[/quote]

well he must know something about it because we have had a bid rejected

well given that Peterborough have officially announced that they''ve rejected a bit from Norwich, I find it hard to believe Lambert knows nothing about it!

It might be that the deal is in place and they have just publically announced that the bid was rejected, so when CMS does go it looks like they didn''t just settle for the first bid and put up a fight. However, in their statement it was said that CMS would definatey be in squad for thier game tonight

We don''t need any distractions and that is why PL is trying to dampen it down.

Despite our striker ''problems'' we are the third highest goalscorers who carry a threat all over the pitch (including Ruddy''s assists).

Our problem is stopping goals but that is largely to do with the cavalier way we play, hence entertaining games.

Am I alone in thinking that, injuries aside, we have enough?  Martin is on the way back, Oli is coming back soon after games under his belt and Simeon needs game time because he has frightening pace but just lacks that match sharpness.

But, like everyone else, I am surprised Dion made the disclosure.

If the matter is dead in the water i wish the club would put out an official statement saying so, therefore allowing us poor fans the ability to move on [;)]

Yes you are alone. Martin not good enough (dont even think he is injured) Johnson not good enough, Jackson had an excellent game last night worked really hard but lacks composure in front of goal, Wilbraham pretty much the same as Jackson.

We need another striker, if Holt got injured or suspended we would be in trouble.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]...Simeon needs game time because he has frightening pace but just lacks that match sharpness.[/quote]After last night''s performance I''d rather have Cody back to be honest, his pace is good but he contributes very little else to the game and missed an absolute sitter.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Despite our striker ''problems'' we are the third highest goalscorers who carry a threat all over the pitch (including Ruddy''s assists).

Our problem is stopping goals but that is largely to do with the cavalier way we play, hence entertaining games.

Am I alone in thinking that, injuries aside, we have enough?  Martin is on the way back, Oli is coming back soon after games under his belt and Simeon needs game time because he has frightening pace but just lacks that match sharpness.

[/quote]Indeed Chrissy is back soon and hopefully up to match fitness quickly enough. Wilbraham will be back shortly no doubt (and full of confidence) and Simeon actually looks like he gets into great positions, but just needs more sharpness and games..although it would help MASSIVELY if he actually had a left foot. He could have had 2/3 yesterday if he wasn''t so reliant on his right - i''m hoping it was just a confidence thing for now

Did dion get the wrong city? http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9425169.stm

[quote user="paulo79"]..if Holt got injured or suspended we would be in trouble.[/quote]Certainly agree with this..praying that with 9 games left he doesn''t get injured/suspended

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

Yes I would say you are pretty much alone. I have been a Jackson supporter but last night showed why we need someone else. His misses (amongst other admittedly) nearly cost us that game and had we had another goal poacher up there we would have won comfortably.

As for everyone slagging Dion off as far as i''m sure he didn''t just spout something he''s heard in the pub on live tv. If he said it then they must have had some pretty decent sources.

Lambert keeps getting knocked back, :(, we won''t get him now. Posh want to hang onto him as they are pushing for automatic why would he say yes, if someone said to us now i''m buying holt we would say get lost too

Must admit it would be extremely odd/stupid/crazy/yourchoice to sell/loan the league''s top scorer when you''re sitting in 3rd with a game in hand