Sign in to follow this  
Gaz Milno

Norwich Closing In On Oli Johnson

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Why is his christian name an anagram of oil?[/quote]

Cos he''s black and slick perhaps ? [:D]

[/quote]Or he''s still pretty green, and his mum is named Olive.

From the Stockport official site:COUNTY ACCEPT OLI BID

Posted on: Thu 07 Jan 2010

Stockport County have accepted an undisclosed bid from Norwich City for Oli Johnson.The striker has also agreed personal terms with the Canaries and has travelled to Carrow Road for a medical.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_5839780,00.htmlAccording to Sky Sports...I know there is another thread on this, but it looks an almost done deal.I''ve never heard of him, but I do trust Lambert.

Would have preferred Barnard, can only assume Southend asked for too much, 250k for Barnard would have been an excellent deal.

[quote user="Salopian"]- probably a very cheap bench warmer(I hope) with potential. His record is not very good, but he was once considered for Fulham. Perhaps PL, or one of the others, feels that in time he could develop.Seems the end for Curo, loan for Cody?[/quote]

Very surprising - we need players that we know can make a positive impact now to enhance our chances of promotion not players that may or may not develop in the future. Very odd.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED07%20Jan%202010%2012%3A36%3A58%3A023

[quote user="Panic Dem"][quote user="Salopian"]- probably a very cheap bench warmer(I hope) with potential. His record is not very good, but he was once considered for Fulham. Perhaps PL, or one of the others, feels that in time he could develop.Seems the end for Curo, loan for Cody?[/quote]

Very surprising - we need players that we know can make a positive impact now to enhance our chances of promotion not players that may or may not develop in the future. Very odd.[/quote]You always need to look to the future, short term thinking like preferring loanees is why we are where we are today!

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Why is his christian name an anagram of oil?[/quote]

Cos he''s black and slick perhaps ? [:D]

[/quote]

I should add that maybe it''s because he is good on the ''pitch'' and knows the ''drill''.  [:#]

[quote user="Getalife"][quote user="Gaz Milno"]According To Sky Sports.He is from Stockport. Striker. Aged 22. [/quote]If he turns out as useful as  Ollie Burton (born 11 November, 1941 who is a member of the Norwich City F.C. Hall of Fame.then Whoopeee.How many recall seeing this NCFC striker ? - A class player.[/quote]Ollie Burton is a bloody nice chap

So we are signing a stockport sub?  with on goal all year?  It strikes me as a really odd signing!

So which of our strikers is going?    Personally it feels like Cody has not impressed Lambert.   He is not a Holt replacement (leeds rumours continue to reach me, should beckford leave) and we have three sub strikers in cureton, McDonald and Daley.   Why do we need a third young striker with some potential?   As a striker I would have preferred someone with experience and a greater physical presence.

Anyone elses thoughts?

[quote user="Dogger chasing Top 2"]Cos he has talent and potential?[/quote]

So does Cody? He probably has more. We should have been looking steal a goal scorer from a poor team.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

So we are signing a stockport sub?  with on goal all year?  It strikes me as a really odd signing!

So which of our strikers is going?    Personally it feels like Cody has not impressed Lambert.   He is not a Holt replacement (leeds rumours continue to reach me, should beckford leave) and we have three sub strikers in cureton, McDonald and Daley.   Why do we need a third young striker with some potential?   As a striker I would have preferred someone with experience and a greater physical presence.

Anyone elses thoughts?

[/quote]

Totally agree Zipper.  It is interesting that for all the times Cody has been on the bench, he has rarely been called on.  This despite his pace and fresh legs seeming an obvious tacic against tiring teams.   Daley has been on despite never looking likely to score in a City shirt so I am a little puzzled.

Jamie is clearly surplus.  Beyond that it is a mystery.  I too would prefer an old hand like say Carl Cort (asuming fitness) who can come on and do a predictable job should Holt need replacing.

As to a permanent replacemnt for Holt should the Leeds rumours be true, I think we will see that as and if it happens.  More like Earnie and Ashton with the proceeds being spent when they are received and not in anticipation.

Replacement for Cureton''s depature I would presume. Doesn''t mean we won''t bring in another striker yet.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Signed, pending a medcial. On PinkUn homepage.

Wonder if his nickname is OJ....

[/quote]Depends if Dael Russell''s gloves fit

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Anyone elses thoughts?

[/quote]

There is another way of trying to assess this lad''s talent Zipp... you''ve gone with "He''s only been on the bench for Stockport, who are bottom of the league, so he''s probably not much good." That''s perfectly reasonable, but you could go with the strongly rumoured interest Roy Hodgson had in him this summer as an indicator that he''s got something special about him. Perhaps given SCFC''s financial troubles there''s some clause that if he plays or starts a certain number of games a payment is triggered to his previous club, which they can''t afford?

Time will tell which is right, but I''m going to have to trust Lambert!

[quote user="Tunica Molesta"]Americanos blue jeans and chinos
[/quote]

haha he is probably about as much use on the pitch as the 49yr old Scouse lead singer of FGTH would be... what a joke of a signing... may as well of planned to keep hold of Cureton!