Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Good Luck To Kings Lynn

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Bro has a book,official, covering 2 seasons around 1984/1986 which is made from newspapers cuttings from pink un and edp, and there is a photo of a coach of lynn boys outside wembley with a union jack with both NCFC and lynn on it...When i went to munich in 93,i met a party from lynn...And told me of a pub outside lynn called the canary n lynnet...Im sure they wouldve been suprised by the support they wouldve got if they had brought buckets to carrow road....[/quote]

The canary and Linnet is not far from Scarning,  Dereham, in a small village called Little Fransham.  But it''s a little too late now for collections, or is it?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Barclaybred"]Bro has a book,official, covering 2 seasons around 1984/1986 which is made from newspapers cuttings from pink un and edp, and there is a photo of a coach of lynn boys outside wembley with a union jack with both NCFC and lynn on it...When i went to munich in 93,i met a party from lynn...And told me of a pub outside lynn called the canary n lynnet...Im sure they wouldve been suprised by the support they wouldve got if they had brought buckets to carrow road....[/quote]

The canary and Linnet is not far from Scarning,  Dereham, in a small village called Little Fransham.  But it''s a little too late now for collections, or is it?

[/quote]as far as im aware, the club cannot trade again until the bill is settled, if that were to happen, aside from start up costs and demotions etc there is no reason why they cant start again just like scarborough fc did a couple of years ago.

[quote user="Barbecued Bushmeat"]Moral of the story, pay your tax bill.  Even if they took a loan to pay it, they''d a bought a few more weeks.
[/quote]

It was much more complicated than that BB. The debts run into the hundred thousands and directors have come and gone making big promises but not backing them up. There has been a culture of inertia at board level, witness the demotion from the Blue Square for failing to action ground improvements that the council were happy to fund.

The fans have been well and truly shafted by incompetence at the top, but the HMRC debt is the tip of a very large iceberg. Oh, and, of course, local businesses will be left unpaid.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

The club has been living beyond its means for way too long and the directors appear to have buried their heads in the sand as the bills piled up.

[/quote]

now where does that sound familiar??? get on the phone to a buyer today Delia...

TBH the linnets knew they had to pay tax, they didnt pay it.. no one but themselves to blame, i feel sorry for the fans and the players but the board of directors are as thick as the brown stuff.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Barbecued Bushmeat"]Moral of the story, pay your tax bill.  Even if they took a loan to pay it, they''d a bought a few more weeks.[/quote]

It was much more complicated than that BB. The debts run into the hundred thousands and directors have come and gone making big promises but not backing them up. There has been a culture of inertia at board level, witness the demotion from the Blue Square for failing to action ground improvements that the council were happy to fund.

The fans have been well and truly shafted by incompetence at the top, but the HMRC debt is the tip of a very large iceberg. Oh, and, of course, local businesses will be left unpaid.

[/quote]exactly right.they had an invester pull out because of the amount of money, time and effort he would have to put in. As i understand Bobbins wasnt overly popular either due to his running of the club recently. Add stupid decisions like Julian (pukka pie) joachim and failing to keep Webb who was doing a shrewd and steady if not spectacular job and replaced him with a bloke who was so far up his own arse he could lick his voice box. Heggs singed and then released players constantly leading to high expenditure and no stability in the team.The biggest error though was not getting the ground work done and hoping that the FL would give them a break just because another team got different circumstances is nothing short of pathetic. Even worse when the council were willing to front money.The club has benefitted from high support and even a lucrative tv game versus oldham 2 years ago....i feel huge sorrow for fans of any club down the pan and for local companies counting the cost. But those high up in the collapsed rubble of KL should be shot at dawn for this stupidity.

Kings Lynn game is on , and they need the money , get down there , pay the money to get in , put m oney in the buckets support the club and help them survive

Scarborough had to start right at bottom of pyramid again and have had to play their home games at Bridlington. They are hoping to move back to Scarborough but it won''t be to the old mccain stadium as that is derelict and in a state of disrepair- just type mccain stadium derelict into google and look at the images -makes me feel numb when you see the length of the grass and lack of seats in stands behind goals.

It can be done and the core support for Scarborough is good I just think things have to be done on a smaller scale and you have to live more within your means.

It saddens me when clubs like this are struggling just needing £65,000 to pay when mediocre premier league players are getting this. - In some cases for sitting on the bench.

[quote user="gary "]Kings Lynn game is on , and they need the money , get down there , pay the money to get in , put m oney in the buckets support the club and help them survive[/quote]

For those that can''t get to the Walks, has anyone suggested to them putting a donation button on their website via paypal or credit card?  It would only take less than 7000 locals paying a tenner each to keep them afloat.

[quote user="canarytom"]This should be in the ''other football'' forum[/quote]

So should you....b***er off with your ridiculous ''little hitler'' remarks and let people support a good cause

Norfolks second team on the brink - pretty important I think

Actually, I think you''ll find that should be ''King''s Lynn and Local Leagues''... stupid newbie [:P]
''

Ufortunatly I won''t be able to get to the game, but am willing to put in a tenner.... Although I live in Gorleston my Grandfather & his family came from Kings Lynn & it saddens me greatly to see them in this situation as i said on Norwich site the FA shafted them last season. I''m sure the good people of Norfolk can save this club & show the FA & the football world that we pull together in trouble times!!!!.... I jsut hope its not too late!

The Club wil survive in some form and the fans and town deserve that.

I am less enthusiastic about just supporting the status quo.   Debts go way beyond the HMRC''s £67k including usual range of local small businesses.   By all accounts, there appears to have been spectacular mismanagement and financial incompetence by the board on the Leeds scale.  Should anyone be just propping them up?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

Actually, I think you''ll find that should be ''King''s Lynn and Local Leagues''... stupid newbie [:P]
''

[/quote]

So there is a dedicated forum for this stuff and it still gets posted in the wrong place!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

The Club wil survive in some form and the fans and town deserve that.

I am less enthusiastic about just supporting the status quo.   Debts go way beyond the HMRC''s £67k including usual range of local small businesses.   By all accounts, there appears to have been spectacular mismanagement and financial incompetence by the board on the Leeds scale.  Should anyone be just propping them up?

[/quote]I''ve been browsing the linnets forum, and they seem to be saying the same there.  I thoroughly agree, they have a supporters'' trust, and if money is going to go anywhere, it should go to that.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]I thought they''d been wound up with immediate effect?[/quote]

so did i

[/quote]

They have 7 days grace to decide if they want to appeal. Whilst I think the gesture by those posting on this thread is wonderful, I really think that anything contributed should go via the Supporters Trust. The board has displayed stunning incompetence ( and maybe more), but the sad fact is that the club is beyond recovery by anything other than a wealthy benefactor who is prepared to wipe out a mountain of debt.

Long after the Ken Bobbins and Michael Chinns of this world have moved on to their need ego massaging ventures, the core supporters of the club will still be there, starting the long rebuilding process. Don''t throw your money into a black hole, however well- intentioned the gesture is, give it to those who REALLY have the club at heart.

[quote user="canarytom"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

''

[/quote]

So there is a dedicated forum for this stuff and it still gets posted in the wrong place!

[/quote]

I wish someone would post you to the wrong place, like the bloody moon are you we8 in disguise 

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="gary "]Kings Lynn game is on , and they need the money , get down there , pay the money to get in , put m oney in the buckets support the club and help them survive[/quote]

For those that can''t get to the Walks, has anyone suggested to them putting a donation button on their website via paypal or credit card?  It would only take less than 7000 locals paying a tenner each to keep them afloat.

[/quote]

Great Idea, my paypal is ready and willing