Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Good Luck To Kings Lynn

Kings Lynn is typical of the problems in football today.  A proud club with a 130 year history is to cease to exist because it cannot be successfully run economically.  As a local fan, I would rather have a team of local players representing the town and keeping the club in the black than risk turmoil by paying wages we cannot afford in order to strive for an elusive promotion.  Existance is more important than success, and the taxman should be the first to be paid, before the players and staff.  I hear there are possible investors but they are deterred by the current directors.  Is this true?  Some people suggest a friendly against Norwich to raise the funds to pay the tax, but if the club is a financial black hole for funds, then perhaps a rebranding of the club would be a better idea in the long term.  Atletico Lynn perhaps?  Borussia Munchenlynn?  Suggestions?  Norfolk n chance would perhaps be more appropriate!!  Rant over.  [:|]

More needs to be done to protect the grass roots of football, theres enough money in this sport at the top end and some of it needs to be redistributed.

If each premier league club donated £100,000 each season to an FA pot of money then this could be used to help out the smaller clubs. I don''t mean dig them out due to financial irresponsability, but help them through the hard times that are no fault of their own.

Still I''m sure the fat cats at the FA will continue smoking their big cigars and lose little or no sleep over Kings Lynn.

Rant over (for now)

[quote user="Pablo"]Kings Lynn is typical of the problems in football today.  A proud club with a 130 year history is to cease to exist because it cannot be successfully run economically.  As a local fan, I would rather have a team of local players representing the town and keeping the club in the black than risk turmoil by paying wages we cannot afford in order to strive for an elusive promotion.  Existance is more important than success, and the taxman should be the first to be paid, before the players and staff.  I hear there are possible investors but they are deterred by the current directors.  Is this true?  Some people suggest a friendly against Norwich to raise the funds to pay the tax, but if the club is a financial black hole for funds, then perhaps a rebranding of the club would be a better idea in the long term.  Atletico Lynn perhaps?  Borussia Munchenlynn?  Suggestions?  Norfolk n chance would perhaps be more appropriate!!  Rant over.  [:|][/quote]

Yes, it is, there is a potential investor who is meeting with a group of local business people tonight, but he is adamant that he will have nothing to do with the current board (one of whom has already bounced a cheque on him despite mouthing off in the press about how he''s using his high flying connections to put a rescue package together). The club could still be saved but something has to happen soon.

The problem I suspect the investor will face, will be getting the current directors to walk away with nothing.  If he/she is putting money up to guarantee the debts / pay wages, the directors should in theory get naff all.  But human nature is rarely like that in practice.

Seems like even if the team does fold, then their will be a new team next year and i would expect it to be full of just the locals to begin with. I think having locals would be better for the team anyway becuase not many people would be demanding the money the team at the moment do. And there are some good players in Lynn.

When these clubs start up again thinking of Scarborough, AFC Wimbledon and FC United they usually have open trials at a park.

By the way who owns the ground for Kings Lynn, is it owned as a whole with the club or separately?

Last post on their wall -

Sat''s game has now been postponed. So unless the club survive thats the last we''ve seen of KLFC :-(

Not good.  Maybe this has been done to prevent giving the current directors a get out of jail free card through public donations ?

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="canarytom"]This should be in the ''other football'' forum[/quote]

canarytom the louis walsh of the pinkun [:D]

[/quote]More like the Colin Hunt of the pinkun.

Norwich have agreed that they can do a bucket collection for Kings Lynn at our next home game but guess that will be too late to help them.

I hope they get saved this coming week somehow.

poor old kings lynn i got them into the prem on my football manager 2009. Shame local teams going bust and other non league. maybe we can get stadium increase maybe some of thoese kings lynn fans want to come see norwich play probly some due at the moment. why don''t the local council help them out the team must do some good for the kings lynn area. suppose fans could have a whip around but i doubt we could raise amout they need tho.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Norwich have agreed that they can do a bucket collection for Kings Lynn at our next home game but guess that will be too late to help them.

I hope they get saved this coming week somehow.

[/quote]

Well that''s a nice gesture and I guess every little helps, even if it''s a way away.

Fans can still donate though.

Just thought you''d like to know that two players have appeared on the club site to say that they''ve had calls to say that the club has been saved and they''re to report to training on Tuesday. Can''t confirm it yet, but clearly something is going on.