Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Sibierski on loan

2 things 1. excellent signing 2. all the moaning idiots complaining about its only a loan take into account hes 34, not match fit and scoring record is not the greatest so doesnt commit all our resources in one pot!

[quote user="Trent Canary"]A stop-gap until Iversen in January perhaps?

Not sure if he will turn out to be useful or not, although the fact thats now 8 loans gives little flexibility with regards to only being allowed to play 5. Having looked at his record its poor, but he has been used on the wing at times. Lets hope for the best [:)]
[/quote]

When he first signed for Man city he used to play in Midfield

very happy with this its good its a loan deal til jan cos if it goes tits up we ain''t lost out, but on the other hand if it works out we can sign him in jan or extend the loan. good bit of business in my opinion

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Am I the only one who isn''t happy with this.  Old, another loan, a goal every 5 games or so so may get us 8 goals a season, probably on big wages, I want to cry.

..................and the Shackell money disappears into oblivion.

[/quote]Or the Shackell money sits in the bank until January for Iversen

[quote]

When he first signed for Man city he used to play in Midfield

[/quote]Well he certainly gets around then. As someone mentioned, we dont need a big man to score 20 goals, we need a big man to score 10-15, but provide 10-15 for other players. Heres hoping thats he will do.Now onto getting an attacking central midfielder in the starting lineup (Russell) and we are about there!

179 appearances between Man City/Newcastle/Wigan  and 28 goals, so approx 1 goal in 6 matches ave.  Not exactly prolific, hopefully he can do better than that for us.

Superb signing. What would you prefer mature, experienced and on loan....Sibierski?? or young and loan to permanent Stead??

No brainer really. But we can only use 5 loans at any one time!! I assume Kennedy, Bertrand, Lupoli, and Sibierski are the starters??

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]Oh great a broken 34 year old joins on loan for a mere 3 months. How crap does it get?[/quote]twit

Surely this is obvious guys? The money''s obviously available and GR (shrewdly in my opinion) is refusing to spend it on players that aren''t his top targets and is therefore waiting till the end of the Norwegian season to pounce for Iversen. Ok so Sibierski is 34 but as a stop gap measure until January when the window opens again, it seems like a no brainer. Why spend £1m on someone mediocre like Jon Stead then Iversen becomes available in January and we then can''t afford him?!

Well done Glenn.

[quote user="jewish"]2 things

1. excellent signing

2. all the moaning idiots complaining about its only a loan take into account hes 34, not match fit and scoring record is not the greatest so doesnt commit all our resources in one pot!

[/quote]

lol try and spot the contradiction between 1 and 2

You know how it was rumoured Roeder wanted another defender, forward and midfield-utility player...?

Does ol'' Antoine count as a midfield utility?

I live in hope

Tractor Boy w**ker I drove through your slum today and noticed the boards outside several newsagents advertising the East Anglian stating "Stick with Jim" implying that you bunch of inbreds have already turned against him after three defeats.  Loyal supporters eh?

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Am I the only person that thinks that this could mean that Roeder is holding out for Iverson instead of panic buying Steve Howard for £500,000?[/quote]

No you are not, and let''s hope we are both correct

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Am I the only person that thinks that this could mean that Roeder is holding out for Iverson instead of panic buying Steve Howard for £500,000?[/quote]

Nope, that''s what I''m thinking too. He stuck to his word, and didn''t panic and get any old clogger.

I''d rather get someone in on loan than spend good money and offer  a 2 or 3 year contract on someone useless (naming no names!).

Barclay_Boy wrote the following post at 01/09/2008 10:51 PM:

179 appearances between Man City/Newcastle/Wigan and 28 goals, so approx 1 goal in 6 matches ave. Not exactly prolific, hopefully he can do better than that for us.

-----

Hopefully might also be about what he can do for the rest of the team. He''ll be handful for Champ defenders.

Great signing, my top option all along.

Lets hope there is one more. A young hungry attacking midfielder/striker now.

1. excellent signing

2. all the moaning idiots complaining about its only a loan take into account hes 34, not match fit and scoring record is not the greatest so doesnt commit all our resources in one pot!

[/quote]

HA HA, winner of stupidist post of the night. Now pay attention, try reading this again.

Your point one states "excellent signing"

then in point two you state that he is 34, not match fit, scoring record is not the greatest.

Now think really really hard, come on now, concentrate, look at the page here.

Do you see how your point two may just have contradicted your point one?

If you can see it now, well done, get ready for bed, don''t forget to brush your teeth now.

If you can''t see it yet, don''t worry, just try reading it through again.

You can do it, I''ve got faith in you.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

1. excellent signing

[/quote]

HA HA, winner of stupidist post of the night. Now pay attention, try reading this again.

then in point two you state that he is 34, not match fit, scoring record is not the greatest.

If you can see it now, well done, get ready for bed, don''t forget to brush your teeth now.

[/quote]

It''s pricks like you who stop people coming on this board, he said he is a good signing but pointed out he is a LOAN because its less of a risk than paying out money for him.

Everyone has been banging on about ''assets'' and how much we can sell players for, do we want permenant signings ending their career here or do we want players potentially playing for another contract?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Hmm Tractor boy54, Sibierski or Stead? I know who I would rather have.[/quote]

John Stead LMFAO!! The only player in the world to have a worse strike record than Chris Brown!! He is frickin crap!!!!!

I actually am starting to believe the first Ipswich game will be a walk in the park. LOL.........

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="jewish"]2 things 1. excellent signing 2. all the moaning idiots complaining about its only a loan take into account hes 34, not match fit and scoring record is not the greatest so doesnt commit all our resources in one pot!

[/quote]

[/quote]

jesus am i gunna hve to spell this out to narfolk folk

not match fit because lack of games and possible recovery from injury however 3 games and he will almost be ther! doesnt have to score goals to always be an effective striker now do you? or are you the kind of footballing farm manager that doesnt realise thatthe fact hes 34 and dion was 38 have any bearing on your life? this is why people on canary call, pink messgae board opionions are so invalid over a pro liscenced coach that is GR - who i still think is prob one of the best top 5 mangers in this league

I thought that as well, but obviously not!

Everyone has to remember, whatever they think, that Sibierski is exactly what we needed, and I for one look forward to him donning the yellow and green.

Thank god, a target man! I''m happy enough with this, I think he''ll do us a good job in the short term. Dion has already shown us age means nothing!

I think Iversen is signed and sealed, Roeder wouldn''t be so blatant about the situation if not, and Sibierski will hopefully tick us over nicely until his arrival.

Our probable strongest starting 11 will now only have two English players, Bertrand and Semmy or Omozusi!

It''s not just the Prem that''s guilty of not helping our International chances then!