Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Sibierski on loan

True, but I''m sure he''ll be better than having no-one until January ,when we could quite easily bring Iversson in. Would assume this is what Roeder has in mind

A loan until January. Another loan. I cant believe how happy people are with this. Yes its a relief we have a targetman. But how can we not afford to buy someone... I found it an absolute joke.

[quote user="chris_sabian"]I have to shamelessly chip in here - I mentioned Sibierski would sign as he and roeder had a verbal agreement. Looks like that agreement was taken up at the last minute because we couldn''t get anyone else though!
[/quote]

Have you got a clock in your house?

Wow, this guy has been my favourite of the realistic targets all summer - think he will make a big impact at this level.  Pity about it just being a loan, but at least it is a loan player we have heard of for once.

GET IN, GET IN, GET THE F**K IN. THIS IS A CLASS SIGNING. NEVER MIND THE LOAN BIT, COME JANE THIS MIGHT CHANGE!!!

VERY HAPPY WITH THIS HENCE THE CAPITAL LETTERS. CAPITALS SHOW EXCITEMENT................................APPRENTLY!

good signing I think, just what we need in the midfield, now get a forward and the future is not so bad afterall.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]But how can we not afford to buy someone... I found it an absolute joke.[/quote]It is, indeed, a disgrace. Although I''m reserving judgement until 12.01am, just in case...

[quote user="Lrrr"]Irritated by this. I''m glad Sibierski is here, but he is our eighth loanee, and we can only name five in a squad. Madness.
[/quote]

If we "accidentally" name 6, we''ll get fined 2 grand, if Sheff Weds'' precedent is anything to go by.  Anyone else quaking in their boots, or just me ?

Am I the only one who isn''t happy with this.  Old, another loan, a goal every 5 games or so so may get us 8 goals a season, probably on big wages, I want to cry.

..................and the Shackell money disappears into oblivion.

[quote user="cambscanary"]

GET IN, GET IN, GET THE F**K IN. THIS IS A CLASS SIGNING. NEVER MIND THE LOAN BIT, COME JANE THIS MIGHT CHANGE!!!

VERY HAPPY WITH THIS HENCE THE CAPITAL LETTERS. CAPITALS SHOW EXCITEMENT................................APPRENTLY!

[/quote]

Poor Jane lol

what a sh*te signing and on loan again. you lot have half your team on loan because of loan rules your going to be faced with the dilema of never being able to pick your strongest team. roeder has lost the plot!

A stop-gap until Iversen in January perhaps?Not sure if he will turn out to be useful or not, although the fact thats now 8 loans gives little flexibility with regards to only being allowed to play 5. Having looked at his record its poor, but he has been used on the wing at times. Lets hope for the best [:)]

[quote user="tractor boy54"]

what a sh*te signing and on loan again. you lot have half your team on loan because of loan rules your going to be faced with the dilema of never being able to pick your strongest team. roeder has lost the plot!

[/quote]

why are u watching the green`un to see who your wasting your gun money on rather then bug us?

[/quote]

Roeder has never paid over 2 million for David Norris.

I am well pleased by this - he was always my top link; I posted about it the other day commenting that I was surprised we''d not heard anything, but it was happening behind the scenes.  Am not really that bothered about it being on loan, we would have clearly preferred a perm signing but hey. 

At the end of the day, we have 8 loans, and you would imagine that 75% of the time it will be Grounds, Troy and OJ that miss out. It is not an ideal situation, but nor is it as much of a problem as some will have you believe - quite a few of the loan players play in similar positions, so if one of the loanees gets injured we can bring the cover loanee into the squad with no problem. 

Talking to a Newcastle fan who says Sibierski is a great player to set players up with goals, headers etc into the box - sounds like a decent signing to me, even if it is a loan

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="tractor boy54"]

[/quote]

Roeder has never paid over 2 million for David Norris.

[/quote]Game, set, match...

Pleased with this. Class player, not been served very well by recent clubs. May not score a huge number of goals, but will certainly make chances for others.Steffen will be better, though.

[/quote]

Tractor boy, you are an idiot.  If Stead is the best Mad Jim can come up with all those supposed £millions at his disposal then you are screwed.  There are lots of sides out there with decent players he could have offloaded some of the cash on, but you ended up with a rival side''s 2nd or 3rd choice and even then only initially on loan.  That for me is the epitome of a crap deadline day - indeed, it has been a pretty crappy transfer window all round for the binners.

Meanwhile, we have got in one of our top targets, thankyou very much.  Not ideal that he is only on loan, but it will do nicely for now, and IMO his signing pees all over Stead any day of the week.

Out with a foot injury at present apparently. Anyone know how long for?

I still have a feeling there may be another one!