Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

it's Cullum !!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

Again someone who has not had a chance to read the article yet as am exiled but this is both exciting and worrying at the same time. My take on it from afar is that a deal has certainly not been done yet and Cullum and his people have released this now to put pressure on delia and mwj to come to the table.

The fact that they have had to is what is worrying. Delia and MWJ have always been clear that if someone comes in who meets their "criteria" then they would take on investment. Cullum appears to meet the criteria to a tee yet has supposedly heard nothing for 6 months having put £20m on the table. This is an opportunity we cannot afford to turn down and an agreement has to be reached with this guy.

In mitgation for Delia and MWJ it is not clear to em at present what Cullum is asking them to do in relation to their shareholding. Is he offering to buy it with the £20m on top? Is he asking them to do a Jack Haywood and basically give him their shares for a nominal fee in return for guaranteed investment in the team? The two are quite different and the latter is a lot to ask. Alternatively are we talking generating new shares in the club to enable him to take a majority stake? I have no idea what Delais'' shareholding siw orth but clearly is is not fair to ask her to write off millions of pounds.

Whatever though now this is out there is will be virtually impossible for Delia and MWJ to refuse to negotiate and I think this will end up happening eventually. Just a shame it could not have been sorted in time for the start of this summer. Very interesting day or two in store!

[/quote]

I am sure that is not a stumbling block.

Callum has the cash to buy Delia & MWJ''s shares (don''t forget he would only require a number of these to get a majority shareholding) at the price that Delia & MWJ''s initially purchased them for.

Let''s not forget that Delia & MWJ''s have always said that they are not looking to make a profit when selling their shares.

I am sure that could well be another sticking point... some of Delia & MWJ''s previously released PR stunts coming back to bite them in the backside.

[/quote]

True smudger, he ticks all the boxes of who they said they would sell to, so I hope this isnt held up and drawn out.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Many people might be suspicious about Peter''s offer, but why?  It would be no worse than when Delia took over, it''s not like he just anyone, he''s an ex-player and he''s a supporter of all things NCFC, what can get any better?  I would sooner a fan took over than a stranger with no heart or interest in NCFC.

My opinion for what it''s worth is that this offer has been tabled, but these things can take an eternity to sort out, not just the financial side but legally.  If Delia and MWJ were not interested then why the statement from her at the RNS?

I think things have been going on behind the scenes, no doubt about that.  Maybe they have put dampners on the story until ALL of GR''s transfer targets have been aquired.

I wasn''t excited last night and I''m still not excited yet. 

One thing is for sure, that now knowing the offer was made from Peter in October, Delia and MWJ have to make the correct choices for the good of the Club, not for their own benefit.  If they get this wrong they will end up with very angry fans on their hands.

Very interesting times ahead for sure.

[/quote]

I''m sorry but people are getting very excited over what were some fairly flippant remarks by Delia at the RNS.

IF a deal was done or dusted or as close as people on here make out then there is no way in the world Cullum would have sanctioned or allowed that story in the EDP today and there is no way they would have run it. The angle here (although it may be phrased carefully) from the EDP is that this offer is on the table yet has not been taken up.This is an attempt to put public pressure on the board to accept his offer.

[/quote]

Forgive me but Im not one of those who is excited at all.  We are no further forward than we were yesterday, or last week, or last year, so in reality to me nothing has changed at all.

I have to say that no one, not even you, knows what is going on behind the scenes at CR, nor why that interview was released.  But it seems a little more than a coincidence that Delia talked about possible investment at the RNS and now this, or maybe it is just me!!

It''s all pure speculation at this point.

fair enough, but if the deal was agreed in principle quickly, it could a) provide the money to buy the players roeder wants before the start of the season, and/or b) indicate to potential targets that investment was available and therefore provide some incentive for them to join norwich as a promotion chasing side.

Delia is not about to roll over and give in. She wants her money back and will go knowhere till she gets it, that appears to be the sticking point. Cullum doesn''t want the club but wants to help the club, Delia will not allow it until she is paid off but allowed to still use the club to promote her own merchandise.

Cullum will have to pay her off as well as put the initial £20 million offer on the table but this would virtually give him ownership of the club and that''s not what he wants.  Where they go from here I have no idea.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="chicken"]If I were Delia and MWJ I would take the offer when it suited them. They wanted to get the club out of the trouble it was in rather than their last major act being jumping ship as she sunk. Fair play to that, and if you take on board what Delia said at the Royal Norfolk Show I would imagine that they wanted this all announced closer to the new season so that our transfer targets werent mashed up, possibly even with Roeder agreeing.

So I should leave all of the Delia and MWJ bashing until you have heard their version. I feel they still deserve a lot of respect.
[/quote]

But they said at the AGM that no-one had been stupid enough to put millions in the club like they had but if they did and they were geniune Norwich fans they would step aside so how come she didn''t mention the Cullum offer then?

[/quote]

Because you never show your hand unless you have to. Revealing Cullum''s offer then would have sent transfer prices spiralling (assuming Glen had wanted to spend in January, which he didn''t) and created more chaos and discontempt in some quarters at an already very fraught time for the club. Cullum might not have wanted it announced at that time either.

I heard  yesterday that rumours at the club are that the Turners were bunging in £10 million themselves and that this was what Delia was exited about... 

This new turn of events could mean it was Cullum.... but is it the case that the Turners have been forced to up the stakes at the prospect of Cullum in the wings waiting to invest?  And now Cullum has released this story to put pressure on them to include him?

Either way... we have cash for players so happy days should be ahead![:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]Seems to me that Delia would rather keep us a small club with no money than hand over the reins - hope I''m wrong though.[/quote]

Question. If Delia turned down an investment of £5 million for players last October when we were 5 points adrift and staring relegation in the face. Plus a further £15 million investment. Why would she accept it now?

Hmmm, yeah that''s if the Turners actually HAVE £10million to ''bung'' into the club! Everyone seems to think they are richer than they actually are. On paper, they have money but in reality it is tied up in a company which ius based in an industry in turmoil.

[quote user="Coelho"]Given Archant''s close ties with the club and board, I don''t think they''d be running this story if the club didn''t want them to, and surely the club would want this swept under the carpet if they had no intention of accepting the offer? Iif the general public knew they had turned down a huge cash injection at a critical point in the club''s history, it would practically incite a mass revolt among City fans. The board must realise that.

The only other possible reason, in my view, would be that Archant found out that Delia and MWJ didn''t want to sell, and believed they were making so much of a mistake that they decided to run the story to encourage the fans to drive the Cullum sale through. Surely now the story is live, if Cullum''s offer really is that good, he''ll come out himself and give us the inside story? We don''t have time to be held to ransom here - Cullum clearly has the money available, and if he''s serious about taking over then he should be able to comfortably afford to buy Delia and MWJ out. Football is a colossal, multi-billion-pound industry, and Cullum must show the colour of his money if he''s serious about running with the big boys. Having a billion pounds in assets is one thing, but actually being prepared to invest it is another thing entirely.
[/quote]

AFAIK it''s not his Company that is flashing the cash. He has released approximately £60m for himself.

[quote user="chicken"]If I were Delia and MWJ I would take the offer when it suited them. They wanted to get the club out of the trouble it was in rather than their last major act being jumping ship as she sunk. Fair play to that, and if you take on board what Delia said at the Royal Norfolk Show I would imagine that they wanted this all announced closer to the new season so that our transfer targets werent mashed up, possibly even with Roeder agreeing.

So I should leave all of the Delia and MWJ bashing until you have heard their version. I feel they still deserve a lot of respect.
[/quote]

agree 100%. Excellent post

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Seems to me that Delia would rather keep us a small club with no money than hand over the reins - hope I''m wrong though.[/quote]

Question. If Delia turned down an investment of £5 million for players last October when we were 5 points adrift and staring relegation in the face. Plus a further £15 million investment. Why would she accept it now?

[/quote]

Because she didn''t want to embroil the club in a take over during our most perilous of moments, viewing the complete disarray it plunged Liverpool into as an example?

[quote user="bunny"]

AFAIK it''s not his Company that is flashing the cash. He has released approximately £60m for himself.

[/quote]

Cor blimey guv, ill have a bit of that!!

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]Another thought is this all just a cinical exercise to attract players.[/quote]

eeerr Cynical

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]Another thought is this all just a cinical exercise to attract players.[/quote]

I''m not even going to ask how you come to that conclusion.

My view:

• NCFC must accept this offer
  • October offer may have merely been deferred til end of season

20 million quid will get us promotion and keep us in the premiership.  There aren''t many things someone can blow millions upon millions on and football is one of them.  He doesn''t need this money so why not push it the clubs way, even 20 million is a small slice of Cullum wealth.

Having finally read the article, it makes a lot more sense.It all looks good. Cullum''s original approach was informal, so nothing could realistically have happened for a while. Also, at that point, getting out of trouble was the main priority & negotiating with a - let''s not forget - hard headed businessman was something the board probably did not want to do; I know a liot of you would have wanted Delia to go "Gosh I''m just a girl (giggle), give me a fiver & I''ll run away & let the big boys play", but she is a hard headed businesswoman, otherwise she wouldn''t have had the wherewithall to buy in the first place.It''ll yake a while for the complete story to come out - if ever; remember, we only have Mr. Cullum''s version so far.It''s gonna be emotional.

[/quote]

If Delia and MWJ really had the clubs` best interests at heart they would accept the offer when it is best for the club, not "when it suited them".  Honestly, when did two peoples egos become more important then NCFC??  Pathetic.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

If Delia and MWJ really had the clubs` best interests at heart they would accept the offer when it is best for the club, not "when it suited them".  Honestly, when did two peoples egos become more important then NCFC??  Pathetic.

[/quote]

Sounds to me as if you''re basing your opinions on one side of the story. There will have been a reason for letting the offer fall by the wayside, and we should wait and see what it is before making rash, judgmental and frankly stupid comments like Mr Carrows.

Boy, the Archant boys have played a blinder on this one. Rehash a lot of old news from October. (EDP NEWSFLASH - something happened in October.) and distablise the club while we are trying to get players in. An assumption would be that Cullum has authorised this but it should be recognised that he is an inveterate deal maker which may mean his actions are less philanthropic than the wishful posters may believe.

The big question is around what he wants in the wat of security for his £20m, which seems to be why no deal was made in October. If it was only the club he was thinking about then £20m would pay off the debt and leave the club very well placed. If it is the clubs current share capital that means the shareholders get nothing & the clubs still in debt.

Now if he wants to make a gift - that would be something.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sounds to me as if you''re basing your opinions on one side of the story. There will have been a reason for letting the offer fall by the wayside, and we should wait and see what it is before making rash, judgmental and frankly stupid comments like Mr Carrows.

[/quote]

When we were in the myre Roeder didnt want to discuss contracts. Maybe Delia had full faith in GR to get out of the "sityayshun" and didnt deem it appropriate to discuss a takeover/investment at that time!

Afterall.....im sure she would have been accused of jumping a sinking ship!

I''m no apologist for Delia and Michael, but I do find it hilarious that everyone''s saying they should take this offer now etc, when none of us have any real idea of the details involved.

Expect to see some rival spin from Joe Ferrari pointing out the Club''s side of things soon. There''s going to be weeks of this speculation, I reckon - unless the EDP is way behind schedule and much more''s happened already behind the scenes.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

Um missed targets? club not attractive? money problems?

Investment? promotion contenders? club going places?

Um rocket science

[quote user="Jim Kent"]

My view:

20 million quid will get us promotion and keep us in the premiership.  There aren''t many things someone can blow millions upon millions on and football is one of them.  He doesn''t need this money so why not push it the clubs way, even 20 million is a small slice of Cullum wealth.

[/quote]

You are joking aren''t you.  £20mill gives no guarantees, esp when you think what QPR have to play with.  £20mill in football buys you very little as £20 mill players want massive wages!!!

[quote user="Grando"]I''m no apologist for Delia and Michael, but I do find it hilarious that everyone''s saying they should take this offer now etc, when none of us have any real idea of the details involved. Expect to see some rival spin from Joe Ferrari pointing out the Club''s side of things soon. There''s going to be weeks of this speculation, I reckon - unless the EDP is way behind schedule and much more''s happened already behind the scenes.[/quote]

Totally agree [Y]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

Um rocket science

[/quote]

Are you on something?

Numpty.

[quote user="Paul Webster"][quote user="Jim Kent"]

My view:

[/quote]

You are joking aren''t you.  £20mill gives no guarantees, esp when you think what QPR have to play with.  £20mill in football buys you very little as £20 mill players want massive wages!!!

[/quote]Well, when you take into consideration that before all this people were claiming 6-8million would be enough for us to mount a promotion challenge, 20 million doesn''t sound that bad...

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="chicken"]If I were Delia and MWJ I would take the offer when it suited them. They wanted to get the club out of the trouble it was in rather than their last major act being jumping ship as she sunk. Fair play to that, and if you take on board what Delia said at the Royal Norfolk Show I would imagine that they wanted this all announced closer to the new season so that our transfer targets werent mashed up, possibly even with Roeder agreeing.So I should leave all of the Delia and MWJ bashing until you have heard their version. I feel they still deserve a lot of respect.[/quote]

[/quote]" when it is best for the club" has to be in their judgement, not yours. Or are you in possession of all the facts?Or does your ego lead you to believe this???Just asking.

And with all this news nobody is thinking about the here and now, July 1st 2mw and we have half a squad. I just hope that the players we have lined up are done deals, otherwise we might suddenly see their value rocket even though we have not even had a sniff of this investment yet!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

Um rocket science

[/quote]

Are you on something?

Numpty.

[/quote]

Good answer. Retard