Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

it's Cullum !!!

[quote user="vincent"]can you tell us what it says as it''s not on the edp24 site yet[/quote]

EDP only 48p.

Basically it''s Cullum offered to put £20 million in last October and the deal is still on the table but has had no furter contact with Delia and Co since Xmas.

Tells you everything you need to know.

thanks ricardo, it''s not the 48p, it''s the fact that i''m in the philippines and the edp takes a while to get here.

Are you suggesting their rabid, blind hatred deserves an apology from anyone? Absolute tosh.  Apologise for what? 

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Its going to be very interesting to see the clubs response to this. Delia and her hubby MUST except the offer or their will be a huge back lash![/quote]

Agree totally, we are now finally seeing the true picture, regarding - looking for the right investor, people not prepared to invest in the club and all the rest of the rubbish we have been fed, there has been a serious investor prepared to pump major investment into the club since last October!!! Just think of this one, we were at one stage flirting with the play offs after GR came in last season. Add 5 million worth of players to that which was offered by Mr Cullum apparently, and that may have been enough to get us into the play offs and into the Prem. We could now be sitting in the Prem with at least a 15 million pound transfer kitty at our disposal, we''re not because, according to the EDP. We now know who is responsible for holding back this club, hopefully there will be a few on here big enough to apologise to Smudger, Wizz et al.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactely.

[/quote]

Delia you said ages ago now that if the right person comes along ie an actual supporter of the club would come along then you would sell. Well he supports the club so if Delia is going to stick to her word then maybe she should accept. If this takeover does not happen i think i may actualy start to not like delia

[quote user="vincent"]thanks ricardo, it''s not the 48p, it''s the fact that i''m in the philippines and the edp takes a while to get here.[/quote]

Sorry Vincent.

The rest of the story says Cullum wants Delia to remain as the figurehead but he wants majority control for his input.

The Stowmarket two have issued a statement which basically states they are continuing to look for investment but have not had anything except from the Turners.

IMO this EDP article has been released by Cullum in order to put pressure on Delia and MWJ.

It will certainly cause a lot of anger here in Norwich if they turn this down and have nothing to replace it.

Agreed - we dont know the detail.    However, if it is confirmed the offer is still on the table then I am sure there will be 25,000 people telling her to get the hell out of the club.

[quote user="ndhscanary"]Delia you said ages ago now that if the right person comes along ie an actual supporter of the club would come along then you would sell. Well he supports the club so if Delia is going to stick to her word then maybe she should accept. If this takeover does not happen i think i may actualy start to not like delia[/quote]

i don''t understand why delia was so upbeat the other day (or was it the wine?) if she doesn''t want to have the investment. maybe she was just putting on an act because she was warned about the announcement. i really hope that this investment comes in so we can at least compete with the top clubs in the championship.

[quote user="MyOldMansAMushroomGibberGibber"]

Are you suggesting their rabid, blind hatred deserves an apology from anyone? Absolute tosh.  Apologise for what? 

[quote user="colneycanary"]Its going to be very interesting to see the clubs response to this. Delia and her hubby MUST except the offer or their will be a huge back lash![/quote]

Agree totally, we are now finally seeing the true picture, regarding - looking for the right investor, people not prepared to invest in the club and all the rest of the rubbish we have been fed, there has been a serious investor prepared to pump major investment into the club since last October!!! Just think of this one, we were at one stage flirting with the play offs after GR came in last season. Add 5 million worth of players to that which was offered by Mr Cullum apparently, and that may have been enough to get us into the play offs and into the Prem. We could now be sitting in the Prem with at least a 15 million pound transfer kitty at our disposal, we''re not because, according to the EDP. We now know who is responsible for holding back this club, hopefully there will be a few on here big enough to apologise to Smudger, Wizz et al.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactely.

[/quote][/quote]

Well Mushroom. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Why are you so happy - the offer was declined back in October?  Even if now accepted it will be a long drawn out battle .

[quote user="walks on water"]£20 million in. Just got my EDP ![/quote]

[/quote]Unless of course the deal is almost complete and is due to be announced, it is just possible that the club don''t want to announce it yet and the responses so far are bog standard, although I do find it strange and worrying that there has supposedly been no contact since October. It is also strange that Delia was talking as though investment was imminent the other day and she has supposedly turned it down unless of course she is saying that so it doesn''t look so bad on her for turning the offer down.

It will certainly be interesting to see what now develops for sure.  There can now be no denial of a potential investor - but it is a case of whether Cullum now says it still stands. 

Interesting that no link seems to be made between the Turners and Cullum - surely they would be inclined to go in wth him?

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="vincent"]thanks ricardo, it''s not the 48p, it''s the fact that i''m in the philippines and the edp takes a while to get here.[/quote]

Sorry Vincent.

The rest of the story says Cullum wants Delia to remain as the figurehead but he wants majority control for his input.

The Stowmarket two have issued a statement which basically states they are continuing to look for investment but have not had anything except from the Turners.

IMO this EDP article has been released by Cullum in order to put pressure on Delia and MWJ.

It will certainly cause a lot of anger here in Norwich if they turn this down and have nothing to replace it.

[/quote]

Cullum,''We had a friendly arm-wrestle based on the valuation of the club''

He wants to be majority shareholder,so would have to agree a price with Delia & MWJ on most of their shares.This is obviously the sticking point.Is Delia being greedy ? Is she holding out for top dollar?Does she have the clubs best interest at heart?

I''m sure the £20m input would be just for players,after the share price had been agreed.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Sorry Vincent.

[/quote]

to be fair, the club press release looks like it was drafted by doomy rather than delia

Something isn''t adding up here.- OCTOBER According to Cullum he offers the club $20m- OCTOBER Roeder gets told if he keeps the club up he can spend what he wants- Roeder keeps us up - LAST FEW MONTHS Rumours on here from normally level headed posters like Ardee that something exciting is in the pipeline- LAST WEEK Delia showing her obvious excitement that investment is on the way at the Royal Norfolk Show- TODAY EDP article states Cullum hasn''t heard a thing since XmasMakes me think one of the following;1. There is another potential source of investment that is exciting Delia (unlikely I would think)2. EDP has some key facts wrong3. Cullum deal isn''t as good as he is making out, and he is putting pressure on the board by trying to sway public opinionMy bet is on three (with maybe a healthy amount of 2 as well).Way too early to start shouting yet. QPR fans thought they had the deal of a lifetime until their season tickets doubled in price.

There has been rumours of an announcement tomorrow, it is just possible the edp only knows part of the story and there''s also been rumours of departures from the club so maybe things are more advanced than we know and the club want to keep things under wraps until tomorrow.

[quote user="Big Down Under"]Something isn''t adding up here.

- OCTOBER According to Cullum he offers the club $20m
- OCTOBER Roeder gets told if he keeps the club up he can spend what he wants
- Roeder keeps us up
- LAST FEW MONTHS Rumours on here from normally level headed posters like Ardee that something exciting is in the pipeline
- LAST WEEK Delia showing her obvious excitement that investment is on the way at the Royal Norfolk Show
- TODAY EDP article states Cullum hasn''t heard a thing since Xmas

Makes me think one of the following;
1. There is another potential source of investment that is exciting Delia (unlikely I would think)
2. EDP has some key facts wrong
3. Cullum deal isn''t as good as he is making out, and he is putting pressure on the board by trying to sway public opinion

My bet is on three (with maybe a healthy amount of 2 as well).Way too early to start shouting yet. QPR fans thought they had the deal of a lifetime until their season tickets doubled in price.

[/quote]4. Mr Cullum has made a good offer for the club but Delia doesn''t want to let go and is hanging on to the bitter end in spite of her telling us she would.

Sorry but you are the one who is being blind here.  I am totally outraged if the story is ture.  However the smuck/cludger crew have a hatred of everyone at the  club and their opinions are based on nothing more than that, no inside information or intuition - no noble cause, just a way to stir up a message board when they have a spare few minutes.  Please dont make them into noble crusaders - they are not.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="MyOldMansAMushroomGibberGibber"]

[/quote]

My thoughts exactely.

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Why was she all jolly? I bet it''ll go thru.

ACCEPT IT!

[/quote]

Half a bottle of wine perhaps?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

ACCEPT IT!

[/quote]

Half a bottle of wine perhaps?

[/quote]

gd call, im still half asleep. It make me laff......for the last 10 yrs ppl are saying we dont have much money now they are saying £20million aint much!! Get a grip!

Sorry but you are the one who is being blind here.  I am totally outraged if the story is ture.  However the smuck/cludger crew have a hatred of everyone at the  club and their opinions are based on nothing more than that, no inside information or intuition - no noble cause, just a way to stir up a message board when they have a spare few minutes.  Please dont make them into noble crusaders - they are not.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactely.

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

You''ve been reading too many of Ralph Wrights posts Mushroom.

Just because we critisise the Board doesn''t mean we hate the club.

This is the real bizarre bit about all this.  Nobody can deny Delia clearly indicated a genuine happiness and intimated investment - unless she just went girly under pressure and told a half truth - there is investment but contrary to the public message we rejected the offer of a legitimate norwich fan who could see us into the Premiership debt free....

Its going to be an interesting week.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

ACCEPT IT!

[/quote]

We?  I dont recall rabid hatred from your quarter?

[/quote]

My thoughts exactely.

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

You''ve been reading too many of Ralph Wrights posts Mushroom.

Just because we critisise the Board doesn''t mean we hate the club.

[/quote]

I sat at the forum when Delia told us that she would pass over control of the club if a geniune Norwich fan came in with serious money so why didn''t she do that last Oct when we were offered the money then.

Seems to me that she''d rather say no to the money than let go!

[quote user="cityangel"]

I sat at the forum when Delia told us that she would pass over control of the club if a geniune Norwich fan came in with serious money so why didn''t she do that last Oct when we were offered the money then.

[/quote]There will be a lot of very unhappy Norwich fans around if she doesn''t want to let go, in fact I would say her position will quickly become untenable if she is resisting a takeover. Although in true Norwich fan tradition there are still 1 or 2 who seem to think that Delia is the only person who can be trusted with the running of the club and Mr Cullum isn''t all he seems to be.

That''s because I''m not a rabid kind if guy Mushroom.

However, I have been and remain a critic of the Board.

If Cullum''s ( a local lad) money is deemed unacceptable then we know who to blame.

Personally I think pressure is being brought to bear and something big will happen this week.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Don''t tell me you''ve finally seen the light Angel?

4. Mr Cullum has made a good offer for the club but Delia doesn''t want

to let go and is hanging on to the bitter end in spite of her telling

us she would.
KDNCFC that doesn''t tie in with what we know - Delia was obviously hardly able to contain her excitement at the Royal Norfolk Show about investment coming in. She would hardly be excited about an offer she had already turned down, would she?All sorts of things could be wrong with the offer (please tell me if any of this contradicts the EDP article, being in Australia I can''t read it);- It could be an ''investment'' that he wants realised i.e. he is looking to profit from the club. If say he wants to take his money out after 5 years even if we haven''t been promoted, it could spell disaster for us- Delia and co might be trying to negotiate right now to get Cullum to include writing off the debt in his bid. She always said that if someone came in with the club''s best interestes at heart, had money to spend on players AND would write clear the debt, she would sell- Maybe he would insist on raising money in other ways, such as selling off the ground, putting up prices etc. Who wants that?Before we all start screaming for Delia''s blood, I think we need to know her side, don''t you? Why do people seem to think that any investment is good investment, when it has gone so badly wrong at so many other clubs?