Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

it's Cullum !!!

As somebody who is neither a Percy or a Nancy (I like to consider myself as a Mary Moderate [;)]) these are my thoughts.Articles such as this are usually released by potential investors in a bid to get supporters on side, if I was Mr Cullums adviser I would certainly be encouraging him to cosy up to the press and make sure he''s painted in as good a light as possible. Note that the article mentions him being a long term fan and that he wants to appoint to the board "someone from the supporters club". So far, so predictable. But wait a minute, why is this being released now and not back in October when the offer of investment was made?As far as I can see this could be for one of three reasons. Either a) the offer back in October was to test the water and included clauses etc. that Delia and MWJ were always going to find unacceptable so he chose to keep a low profile, b) he is now preparing to make another bid and wants to get the press and the fans on side before he does or c) he''s heard that there are rival investors out there (the Turners?).My hunch is that it''s most likely to be c) with some truth also to b) and this is based mainly on the statement from Delia and MWJ. If he was really attempting to turn the press and the supporters against Delia and MWJ would they really have issued such a bland and dispassionate statement as they did last night? We''re continually told that they, and Neil Doncaster, are masters of spin. Surely if Cullum was trying to back them into a corner and turn the fans against them they would come out fighting. Unless, of course, there is another offer on the table [^o)]Look at it with an open mind. Does the statement from Delia and Michael, and Delia''s recent behaviour at the Royal Norfolk Show, strike you as the actions of somebody who is fearful that they are about to be backed into a corner and made very unpopular with the fans? I think we''re about to see some major investment and that there might even be a bidding war, which can only be a good thing surely [:^)]

£20m sounds a lot,  but how much of that would be invested in the playing side of the club?  There is no mentioned of what happens to the debt,  is that sum to offset some of the debt,  to support ''infrastructure'' buy shares?

And why run the story now? beyond destabalising the club or trying to force an action it seems illogical.

Plenty more to come but really does not seem to have taken the club much further at the moment  

Clearly everyone would welcome 20m in with open arms. My only worry is how the money is managed - hopefully we keep up our policy of managing our money - I dont wnt something to go wrong and risk the club. But as long as it is used appropriately - Great!!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]Another thought is this all just a cinical exercise to attract players.[/quote]

I''m not even going to ask how you come to that conclusion.

[/quote]

Um missed targets? club not attractive? money problems?

Investment? promotion contenders? club going places?

Um rocket science

[/quote]

Are you on something?

Numpty.

[/quote]

Is that kind of response a well reasoned one when it is on behalf of our beloved Delia & Michael?

Point kind of proved that some people are obviously more Delia and Michael fans than they are Norwich City FOOTBALL CLUB fans.... [:$]

[/quote]

I don''t see how me questioning the lunacy of one poster''s suggestion this was some big conspiracy to attract players followed by a frankly bizarre post which seems impossible to follow as an attempt to explain this ludicrous suggestion.

It is fans like you that seem to want to secularise our fanbase Smudger with little reason other than malicious intent. I would be happy to see Cullum take over - but when and only when all concerns are addressed. If you think Cullum has done that, you clearly haven''t read the article.

[/quote]

What like Delia has addressed all of the fans concerns over recent seasons?

How can the offer (if it is indeed a genuine one) from Callum be any worse than what we currently have?

[/quote]

Delia has quite often attended public forums and is regularly stopped by fans at games. Neil Doncaster is easily contactable by email. I''m not sure what else she could have done to address fans concerns.

The simple fact of the matter is we don''t have enough information to legitimately consider this offer and it''s impact on the football club. Clearly you think throwing money is the answer. I know it isn''t.  

[/quote]

I think throwing money at the situation is a bloody good start. This added to Mr Cullam''s obvious business acumen which he promised to add. Lets face it if Norwich City and the running a football club was all about how to prepare the perfect egg then Delia would be the answer.

Good idea, lets all wait and see what impact £20 million has on the club, let the offer be withdrawn whilst the rest of the ambitious teams seek to be where they want to be.

I''m not saying the offer hasn''t got to be right but throwing money at it has got to be a lot better than what we have done for the past decade

A few of us on here have taken some real crap over our stance on Queen Bee Delia............well as its now all hit the fan............up yours![:|]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]Another thought is this all just a cinical exercise to attract players.[/quote]

[/quote]

Um rocket science

[/quote]

Are you on something?

Numpty.

[/quote]

Is that kind of response a well reasoned one when it is on behalf of our beloved Delia & Michael?

Point kind of proved that some people are obviously more Delia and Michael fans than they are Norwich City FOOTBALL CLUB fans.... [:$]

[/quote]

I don''t see how me questioning the lunacy of one poster''s suggestion this was some big conspiracy to attract players followed by a frankly bizarre post which seems impossible to follow as an attempt to explain this ludicrous suggestion.

It is fans like you that seem to want to secularise our fanbase Smudger with little reason other than malicious intent. I would be happy to see Cullum take over - but when and only when all concerns are addressed. If you think Cullum has done that, you clearly haven''t read the article.

[/quote]

How can the offer (if it is indeed a genuine one) from Callum be any worse than what we currently have?

[/quote]

Delia has quite often attended public forums and is regularly stopped by fans at games. Neil Doncaster is easily contactable by email. I''m not sure what else she could have done to address fans concerns.

The simple fact of the matter is we don''t have enough information to legitimately consider this offer and it''s impact on the football club. Clearly you think throwing money is the answer. I know it isn''t.  

[/quote]

I think throwing money at the situation is a bloody good start. This added to Mr Cullam''s obvious business acumen which he promised to add. Lets face it if Norwich City and the running a football club was all about how to prepare the perfect egg then Delia would be the answer.

Good idea, lets all wait and see what impact £20 million has on the club, let the offer be withdrawn whilst the rest of the ambitious teams seek to be where they want to be.

I''m not saying the offer hasn''t got to be right but throwing money at it has got to be a lot better than what we have done for the past decade

[/quote]

So you''re happy to see money thrown at the club with no thought for the practical consequences such a deal involves? Cullum is not giving us the money - it''s being bartered in exchange for controlling interest at the club. I want to know his exact plans before he''s let anywhere near a controlling interest in my football club - and frankly I''m appauled that I appear to be among a minority calling for this.

No one can make any reasonable judgement on today''s front page of the EDP - there''s two sides to every story and we haven''t heard the Club''s version of events. Hopefully there is only one winner in this and thats NCFC.

It''s going to be an interesting week

[quote user="Big Down Under"]My question now is, if Cullum has

heard nothing since Xmas, why is an NCFC employee talking about it 6

months later? Negotiations must be ongoing. At least with someone. [/quote]

Good point BDU, didn''t think of that one...

One other thing I forgot to mention in my last post was that this

investment is different to the one I''ve heard of via Ardee, so maybe

there is another interested party on the go which is why things haven''t

moved forward that quickly?  Maybe Cullum has released the

statement to try to push things along a little bit?

I note with some amusement how the self-proclaimed Nancy''s and Percy''s

are both declaring victory on this one.  I''m with Shack in the

Mary Moderates...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]A few of us on here have taken some real crap over our stance on Queen Bee Delia............well as its now all hit the fan............up yours![:|][/quote]

The truth will out.

I think old Delia''s caught between a rock and a hard place.

If the deal''s good for the club she can''t turn it down.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]As somebody who is neither a Percy or a Nancy (I like to consider myself as a Mary Moderate [;)]) these are my thoughts.

Articles such as this are usually released by potential investors in a bid to get supporters on side, if I was Mr Cullums adviser I would certainly be encouraging him to cosy up to the press and make sure he''s painted in as good a light as possible. Note that the article mentions him being a long term fan and that he wants to appoint to the board "someone from the supporters club". So far, so predictable. But wait a minute, why is this being released now and not back in October when the offer of investment was made?

As far as I can see this could be for one of three reasons. Either a) the offer back in October was to test the water and included clauses etc. that Delia and MWJ were always going to find unacceptable so he chose to keep a low profile, b) he is now preparing to make another bid and wants to get the press and the fans on side before he does or c) he''s heard that there are rival investors out there (the Turners?).

My hunch is that it''s most likely to be c) with some truth also to b) and this is based mainly on the statement from Delia and MWJ. If he was really attempting to turn the press and the supporters against Delia and MWJ would they really have issued such a bland and dispassionate statement as they did last night? We''re continually told that they, and Neil Doncaster, are masters of spin. Surely if Cullum was trying to back them into a corner and turn the fans against them they would come out fighting. Unless, of course, there is another offer on the table [^o)]

Look at it with an open mind. Does the statement from Delia and Michael, and Delia''s recent behaviour at the Royal Norfolk Show, strike you as the actions of somebody who is fearful that they are about to be backed into a corner and made very unpopular with the fans? I think we''re about to see some major investment and that there might even be a bidding war, which can only be a good thing surely [:^)]
[/quote]

Absolutely superb mate [Y] you have summed it up PERFECTLY[:)] well done

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Read my post.

I said the deal has got to be right.

[/quote]

Yes, but you don''t seem to understand the money does not come without the practical consequences.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Big Down Under"]
My question now is, if Cullum has heard nothing since Xmas, why is an NCFC employee talking about it 6 months later? Negotiations must be ongoing. At least with someone.
[/quote]
Good point BDU, didn''t think of that one...

One other thing I forgot to mention in my last post was that this investment is different to the one I''ve heard of via Ardee, so maybe there is another interested party on the go which is why things haven''t moved forward that quickly?  Maybe Cullum has released the statement to try to push things along a little bit?

I note with some amusement how the self-proclaimed Nancy''s and Percy''s are both declaring victory on this one.  I''m with Shack in the Mary Moderates...
[/quote]

Indeed, would like to think im in the moderates/see both sides of the story area. Lets just hope the best for NCFC comes from this. Havent heard Arrdees info, would someone mind passing on? (Seem to remember it was being thrown around yesterday!)

As you suggest monkey, there must be a reason its suddenly come out, and I can only think its a positive one for the club.

And needless to say, lets wait and see the specifics behind the deal before slating delia. I read this at first and was angry, but theres two sides to a story. Lets wait and see.

[quote user="C.T"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]As somebody who is neither a Percy or a Nancy (I like to consider myself as a Mary Moderate [;)]) these are my thoughts.

Articles such as this are usually released by potential investors in a bid to get supporters on side, if I was Mr Cullums adviser I would certainly be encouraging him to cosy up to the press and make sure he''s painted in as good a light as possible. Note that the article mentions him being a long term fan and that he wants to appoint to the board "someone from the supporters club". So far, so predictable. But wait a minute, why is this being released now and not back in October when the offer of investment was made?

As far as I can see this could be for one of three reasons. Either a) the offer back in October was to test the water and included clauses etc. that Delia and MWJ were always going to find unacceptable so he chose to keep a low profile, b) he is now preparing to make another bid and wants to get the press and the fans on side before he does or c) he''s heard that there are rival investors out there (the Turners?).

My hunch is that it''s most likely to be c) with some truth also to b) and this is based mainly on the statement from Delia and MWJ. If he was really attempting to turn the press and the supporters against Delia and MWJ would they really have issued such a bland and dispassionate statement as they did last night? We''re continually told that they, and Neil Doncaster, are masters of spin. Surely if Cullum was trying to back them into a corner and turn the fans against them they would come out fighting. Unless, of course, there is another offer on the table [^o)]

Look at it with an open mind. Does the statement from Delia and Michael, and Delia''s recent behaviour at the Royal Norfolk Show, strike you as the actions of somebody who is fearful that they are about to be backed into a corner and made very unpopular with the fans? I think we''re about to see some major investment and that there might even be a bidding war, which can only be a good thing surely [:^)]
[/quote]

Absolutely superb mate [Y] you have summed it up PERFECTLY[:)] well done

[/quote]

Yeah, completely agree, this is pretty much what I think. Agree with Mozzer''s post too. Let''s not all jump on Delia and MWJ until we''ve heard the full story.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Big Down Under"]My question now is, if Cullum has heard nothing since Xmas, why is an NCFC employee talking about it 6 months later? Negotiations must be ongoing. At least with someone. [/quote]Good point BDU, didn''t think of that one...One other thing I forgot to mention in my last post was that this investment is different to the one I''ve heard of via Ardee, so maybe there is another interested party on the go which is why things haven''t moved forward that quickly?  Maybe Cullum has released the statement to try to push things along a little bit?I note with some amusement how the self-proclaimed Nancy''s and Percy''s are both declaring victory on this one.  I''m with Shack in the Mary Moderates...[/quote]

Indeed, would like to think im in the moderates/see both sides of the story area. Lets just hope the best for NCFC comes from this. Havent heard Arrdees info, would someone mind passing on? (Seem to remember it was being thrown around yesterday!)

As you suggest monkey, there must be a reason its suddenly come out, and I can only think its a positive one for the club.

And needless to say, lets wait and see the specifics behind the deal before slating delia. I read this at first and was angry, but theres two sides to a story. Lets wait and see.

[/quote]Evil Monkey - from what you say looks very much to me then that there is now more than one investment offer on the table, the club is progressing one (more cash from the Turners?) and Cullum has tried to derail it as he wants to be involved. So he doesn''t seem to have the club foremost in mind after all. As for the Nancy''s / Percy''s bit, who actually gives a S#@T who wins an ''argument'' on a message board, my concern is that the club has been divided for a while now and this rubbish doesn''t help. We need a unified front next year, whoever is on the board / whoever''s money we are spendingk

[quote user="Canary Chris"]Clearly everyone would welcome 20m in with open arms. My only worry is how the money is managed - hopefully we keep up our policy of managing our money - I dont wnt something to go wrong and risk the club. But as long as it is used appropriately - Great!![/quote]

Managing our money well??? thats why we are £20 mill in debt dispite selling large lumps of lands, selling 20K STs every season and running many "successful resurants"!!!  Hardly well run on the money front!!!

I agree with a lot of what you have said EM. My angle on this is that Peter Cullum made the offer, was hoping delia would accept it in her own time at a reasonable time. A change-over at the top of the club when your bottom of the league might not be the best thing to do. Now that we are safe, Cullum perhaps has been looking back into the situation. Delia''s "speech" at the norfolk show hinted investement, and perhaps Cullum hadn''t even approached the club yet and maybe it was the turners that had and so Cullum is coming out of the shadows to make himself the favourite candidate of the fans. That said I might have got it wrong and that Delia was speaking specifically about Cullum''s investment, that said this article is merely to sort of say to delia: "look, I''ve given you the offer, you said you wanted it, now accept it before I lose interest".

Delia could have been bluffing/joking about the investment at the Show last week. I think it''s quite brave to deduce from her interview that we now have two offers of investment on the table!

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

Read my post.

[/quote]

Yes, but you don''t seem to understand the money does not come without the practical consequences.

[/quote]

What like relagation, administration, no players wanting to join us, Binners laughing at us... that sort of thing?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[quote user="chicken"]If I were Delia and MWJ I would take the offer when it suited them. They wanted to get the club out of the trouble it was in rather than their last major act being jumping ship as she sunk. Fair play to that, and if you take on board what Delia said at the Royal Norfolk Show I would imagine that they wanted this all announced closer to the new season so that our transfer targets werent mashed up, possibly even with Roeder agreeing.

So I should leave all of the Delia and MWJ bashing until you have heard their version. I feel they still deserve a lot of respect.
[/quote]

agree 100%. Excellent post

[/quote]

I agree, we clearly don''t know the full facts ''yet'' so perhaps we should wait until it is a bit clearer before we start jumping to conclusions.   

Read my post.

[/quote]

[/quote]

...and I have been an accountant for 24 years, so, yes I do understand.

You seem to suggest that throwing money at it won''t work, but with the right deal it is the only thing that will work.

How naive are you to think that in this day money doesn''t talk.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]A few of us on here have taken some real crap over our stance on Queen Bee Delia............well as its now all hit the fan............up yours![:|][/quote]

Is this part of your hallowed non-offensive stance to fellow supporters then Wiz?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[/quote]

Um rocket science

[/quote]

Are you on something?

Numpty.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger I very rarely agree with you, but on this one subject I do 100%.  IMO If he was to invest the £20 mill I think that would be just a start.

Interesting take:

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=3632&w=25&a=0&part=0

Not as simple as buying out Delia

"There''s loads of new investment, everything''s lovely, we''re keeping quiet about all the money," she added, before remembering that she was acting under orders. "No, no, no, I''ve got to behave, when they let me out they say ''Behave!''"

The more I read Delia''s quote from last week the more I''m convinced she was just being sarcastic and, at that point, the Board had no investment whatsoever in place.

If I''m right (and quite probably I''m not) then I wonder whether her offhand comment had the unintentioned consequence of spooking Cullum into action?

[quote user="Grando"]"There''s loads of new investment, everything''s lovely, we''re keeping quiet about all the money," she added, before remembering that she was acting under orders. "No, no, no, I''ve got to behave, when they let me out they say ''Behave!''" The more I read Delia''s quote from last week the more I''m convinced she was just being sarcastic and, at that point, the Board had no investment whatsoever in place. If I''m right (and quite probably I''m not) then I wonder whether her offhand comment had the unintentioned consequence of spooking Cullum into action?[/quote]

Its been suggested that this may have been another sherry moment.

Groan.

To suggest that other clubs blab off re how much money they have after her drunken episode smacks of pots and kettles to me.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[quote user="Grando"]"There''s loads of new investment, everything''s lovely, we''re keeping quiet about all the money," she added, before remembering that she was acting under orders. "No, no, no, I''ve got to behave, when they let me out they say ''Behave!''" The more I read Delia''s quote from last week the more I''m convinced she was just being sarcastic and, at that point, the Board had no investment whatsoever in place. If I''m right (and quite probably I''m not) then I wonder whether her offhand comment had the unintentioned consequence of spooking Cullum into action?[/quote]

Groan.

To suggest that other clubs blab off re how much money they have after her drunken episode smacks of pots and kettles to me.

[/quote]

Again, you''re talking total nonsense. What does the outburst against Manchester City have to do with other clubs shouting about how rich they are?

Groan.

[/quote]

Again, you''re talking total nonsense. What does the outburst against Manchester City have to do with other clubs shouting about how rich they are?

[/quote]

Well the ability to keep ones mouth shut to start off with.

Secondly, at least the powers that be at Ipswich could say that their revelations were deisgned to portray ambition and attract players. They could also say that when they talked to the media they weren''t pissed.

If Delia''s outburst has flushed out this investment story then she hasn''t done very well keeping it quiet. If she was talking about other investment and not Cullum she still hasn''t done very well has she?

Marshmallow.... are you Delia?

My interpretation of the aritcle is that cullum wants to buy the club.. and the 20 million is for this.. he would keep the Smiths on board but they wouldnt hav any controlling influence like they do now...

It might also explain why the deak hasnt gone through... "its my cake and i wont share" eh Delia?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

My interpretation of the aritcle is that cullum wants to buy the club.. and the 20 million is for this.. he would keep the Smiths on board but they wouldnt hav any controlling influence like they do now...

It might also explain why the deak hasnt gone through... "its my cake and i wont share" eh Delia?

jas :)

[/quote]

....or more pertinently....my ball, my game