Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

it's Cullum !!!

Yes he offererd the money back in october when we were 5 points adrift at the bottom of the league. The offer was 5 million then to buy 3 or 4 players and another 15 million in the summer(now). He would become the majority shareholder and take control of the club, but have Delia continue her role leading the club.

Strange thing is the talks broke down and the club have yet NOT taken up Peter Cullum''s offer but the offer is still on the table!

Its going to be very interesting to see the clubs response to this. Delia and her hubby MUST except the offer or their will be a huge back lash!

If the club don''t accept it there will be a Civil War in Norwich! I wonder how this will effect our Summer rebuilding plans?

[quote user="colneycanary"]He doesn''t want a place on the board but would appoint some of his own people "to create an exciting strategy for the club"[/quote]

If Delia bottles this there will be riots in the streets.

Smudger, where are you when we need you.

We will never get a better deal than this - and from a Norfolk lad, to boot. In the interests of the club, Delia and MJW must accept this offer.

I haven''t had a chance to go out yet and get the paper, the total investment is soley for players? Is there any mention made of the debt, or is it to be assumed that the general income can cope with repayments?

It sounds very positive and well done to those who have broken this story.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Why did they not take up the offer back in october? Can you imagine if we had got relegated and all this came out![/quote]

Cluck, Smudger and the rest of us Nancy''s were right all along. The Stowmarket two don''t want anyone rocking the boat.

The whole 20 million would be for players to get us back in the premiership. Peter Cullum does not want to mislead people and to be seen as an english Roman Abramovich and he see''s this investment very unlikely to yield a good return other than emotional and something he''s always wanted to do.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Why did they not take up the offer back in october? Can you imagine if we had got relegated and all this came out![/quote]

Cluck, Smudger and the rest of us Nancy''s were right all along. The Stowmarket two don''t want anyone rocking the boat.

[/quote]

She seemed quite happy to hint at this the other day at the Norfolk Showground.

Hi this is my first post. I havent read the article yet but judgiung by Delias performance at the Norfolk show discussions and negotiations must be well advanced.

I dont know anybody "inside" the club but would suspect that a statement from the club would be very likely by today or tomorrow.

Could also be that the stumbling block last year may have been about who Culums people are and who''s job they might be taking!! lots of posts re Doncaster going.

They can''t not accept it now knowing that the fans know everything about the offer! But anyway, a little song for when they do accept itMusic [8] We''re richer than the scum, we''re richer than the scum, we''re richer than the scum, THE SCUM Music [8] To the tune of Blue Moon.Party!!! [<:o)]Cool [H]Gift [G]

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

She seemed quite happy to hint at this the other day at the Norfolk Showground.

[/quote]

Read their statement in the EDP.

I find this quite strange.

In a very brief statement from Delia and Michael they declined to answer questions at this stage without knowing the full details of what was being printed in the edp. But they did say that during their 12 years they have been approached and they have approached others to seek investment but with the exception of the Turners none of those approachers has been successful to date. Thats all they would comment at this time.

The offer (although still on the table) was made last October.After talks broke down,Peter Cullum has had ''no contact'' from the club since the turn of the year !

Statement from Delia & MWJ:

Over the last 12 years we have continually invited and sought new investment into Norwich City and have spoken to a number of wealthy individuals.

Some have approached us,others we have approached.However,it''s fair to assume that,with the welcome exception of Andrew and Sharon Turner,none of those approaches has been successful to date.

We cannot comment on any individual approaches as they would be a private matter.All of us want only that the football club succeeds and,therfore,remain totally open to any new investment in the club.

[8-)] Well I am no clearer now than I was last night when i went to bed all excited.

On one hand we have Delia bursting to tell us something at the Show about new investment and all sorts of rumours about players signing. One or two posters who do appear to have some genuine inside info have hinted at real investment and players coming in.

On the other hand the Smiths statement would appear cold at best. If i had slapped 20million on the table i would have hoped for some communication from the club in the last 6 months. Cullum appears to fulfil the Smiths requirements.

The plot thickens.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Its going to be very interesting to see the clubs response to this. Delia and her hubby MUST except the offer or their will be a huge back lash![/quote]

Agree totally, we are now finally seeing the true picture, regarding - looking for the right investor, people not prepared to invest in the club and all the rest of the rubbish we have been fed, there has been a serious investor prepared to pump major investment into the club since last October!!! Just think of this one, we were at one stage flirting with the play offs after GR came in last season. Add 5 million worth of players to that which was offered by Mr Cullum apparently, and that may have been enough to get us into the play offs and into the Prem. We could now be sitting in the Prem with at least a 15 million pound transfer kitty at our disposal, we''re not because, according to the EDP. We now know who is responsible for holding back this club, hopefully there will be a few on here big enough to apologise to Smudger, Wizz et al.

Put £20m in perspective.

Is it enough to get you into the Premiership? Yes and No. You''d pay overinflated prices for players who are willing to drop a level if the money''s right and then bolt if things don''t happen quickly. You also don''t need to spend a lot of money in this division to get out of it, all you need is a level of consistency enhanced by 2-3 players of good quality.

£20m in the premiership goes some way to helping survival but realistically it get''s you very little.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Its going to be very interesting to see the clubs response to this. Delia and her hubby MUST except the offer or their will be a huge back lash![/quote]

Agree totally, we are now finally seeing the true picture, regarding - looking for the right investor, people not prepared to invest in the club and all the rest of the rubbish we have been fed, there has been a serious investor prepared to pump major investment into the club since last October!!! Just think of this one, we were at one stage flirting with the play offs after GR came in last season. Add 5 million worth of players to that which was offered by Mr Cullum apparently, and that may have been enough to get us into the play offs and into the Prem. We could now be sitting in the Prem with at least a 15 million pound transfer kitty at our disposal, we''re not because, according to the EDP. We now know who is responsible for holding back this club, hopefully there will be a few on here big enough to apologise to Smudger, Wizz et al.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactely.

Why are you so happy - the offer was declined back in October?  Even if now accepted it will be a long drawn out battle .

[quote user="walks on water"]£20 million in. Just got my EDP ![/quote]