Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

it's Cullum !!!

Hi, folks, new at this malarky

However, seems like a fairly aggressive strategy from Mr Cullum

As I understand it Delia surrenders at least 80% of her shares to give Cullum a controlling interest in the club and gets no money for them.

Given that Cullum is worth approx 100 times as much as her, that seems a bit tight ( but then he is a Norfolk boy ).

I think that it''s reasonable that she might expect something for them from such a wealthy person.

Regards

Alan

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="chicken"]If I were Delia and MWJ I would take the offer when it suited them. They wanted to get the club out of the trouble it was in rather than their last major act being jumping ship as she sunk. Fair play to that, and if you take on board what Delia said at the Royal Norfolk Show I would imagine that they wanted this all announced closer to the new season so that our transfer targets werent mashed up, possibly even with Roeder agreeing.

So I should leave all of the Delia and MWJ bashing until you have heard their version. I feel they still deserve a lot of respect.
[/quote]

If Delia and MWJ really had the clubs` best interests at heart they would accept the offer when it is best for the club, not "when it suited them".  Honestly, when did two peoples egos become more important then NCFC??  Pathetic.

[/quote]

" when it is best for the club" has to be in their judgement, not yours. Or are you in possession of all the facts?
Or does your ego lead you to believe this???
Just asking.
[/quote]

Since when was "when it is best for the club" the same thing as "when it suited them"?  Chicken is saying that no matter how good an offer comes in, he thinks that Delia and MWJ should be allowed to stall or reject it until it "suits them" to accept.  Anyone who goes along with this is putting two peoples egos before the good of the club.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]Another thought is this all just a cinical exercise to attract players.[/quote]

I''m not even going to ask how you come to that conclusion.

[/quote]

Um missed targets? club not attractive? money problems?

Investment? promotion contenders? club going places?

Um rocket science

[/quote]

Are you on something?

Numpty.

[/quote]

Is that kind of response a well reasoned one when it is on behalf of our beloved Delia & Michael?

Point kind of proved that some people are obviously more Delia and Michael fans than they are Norwich City FOOTBALL CLUB fans.... [:$]

[/quote]

I don''t see how me questioning the lunacy of one poster''s suggestion this was some big conspiracy to attract players followed by a frankly bizarre post which seems impossible to follow as an attempt to explain this ludicrous suggestion.

It is fans like you that seem to want to secularise our fanbase Smudger with little reason other than malicious intent. I would be happy to see Cullum take over - but when and only when all concerns are addressed. If you think Cullum has done that, you clearly haven''t read the article.

[/quote]

What like Delia has addressed all of the fans concerns over recent seasons?

How can the offer (if it is indeed a genuine one) from Callum be any worse than what we currently have?

[/quote]

Delia has quite often attended public forums and is regularly stopped by fans at games. Neil Doncaster is easily contactable by email. I''m not sure what else she could have done to address fans concerns.

The simple fact of the matter is we don''t have enough information to legitimately consider this offer and it''s impact on the football club. Clearly you think throwing money is the answer. I know it isn''t.  

[/quote]

I think throwing money at the situation is a bloody good start. This added to Mr Cullam''s obvious business acumen which he promised to add. Lets face it if Norwich City and the running a football club was all about how to prepare the perfect egg then Delia would be the answer.

Good idea, lets all wait and see what impact £20 million has on the club, let the offer be withdrawn whilst the rest of the ambitious teams seek to be where they want to be.

I''m not saying the offer hasn''t got to be right but throwing money at it has got to be a lot better than what we have done for the past decade

[/quote]

So you''re happy to see money thrown at the club with no thought for the practical consequences such a deal involves? Cullum is not giving us the money - it''s being bartered in exchange for controlling interest at the club. I want to know his exact plans before he''s let anywhere near a controlling interest in my football club - and frankly I''m appauled that I appear to be among a minority calling for this.

[/quote]

So did you, or anyone else, know Delias exact plans before she took over? Or is that different for some reason?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="chicken"]If I were Delia and MWJ I would take the offer when it suited them. They wanted to get the club out of the trouble it was in rather than their last major act being jumping ship as she sunk. Fair play to that, and if you take on board what Delia said at the Royal Norfolk Show I would imagine that they wanted this all announced closer to the new season so that our transfer targets werent mashed up, possibly even with Roeder agreeing.

So I should leave all of the Delia and MWJ bashing until you have heard their version. I feel they still deserve a lot of respect.
[/quote]

If Delia and MWJ really had the clubs` best interests at heart they would accept the offer when it is best for the club, not "when it suited them".  Honestly, when did two peoples egos become more important then NCFC??  Pathetic.

[/quote]

" when it is best for the club" has to be in their judgement, not yours. Or are you in possession of all the facts?
Or does your ego lead you to believe this???
Just asking.
[/quote]

Since when was "when it is best for the club" the same thing as "when it suited them"?  Chicken is saying that no matter how good an offer comes in, he thinks that Delia and MWJ should be allowed to stall or reject it until it "suits them" to accept.  Anyone who goes along with this is putting two peoples egos before the good of the club.

[/quote]

Good point.

We were happy that Delia and co came on board.

Same sh1t different day

[quote user="C.T"][quote user="C.T"]

A question.

If P.C takes over will the transfer budget for the 2009/10 season be as big as this season, ie 20 million?

[/quote]

Anyone?

[/quote]

If this deal falls through we won''t ever find out that is for sure lol.

It''s like asking if you will win the lottery rollover next year, who knows until you enter it. [;)]

If this news hadn''t broke today then we would all being mental over the lack of incoming players, its the 1st tomorrow, pre-season starts and we are barely a team! Lets put aside the Cullum business, it doesn''t look like it will happen anytime soon (unless somehow it has already happened!) so we need to get back to the here and now.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]If this news hadn''t broke today then we would all being mental over the lack of incoming players, its the 1st tomorrow, pre-season starts and we are barely a team! Lets put aside the Cullum business, it doesn''t look like it will happen anytime soon (unless somehow it has already happened!) so we need to get back to the here and now.[/quote]

Argh.. yes people. Lets get our panicking prioritised.

Agenda:

Panick about no players.

Panick about investment.

Panick about relegation.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]Another thought is this all just a cinical exercise to attract players.[/quote]

I''m not even going to ask how you come to that conclusion.

[/quote]

Um missed targets? club not attractive? money problems?

Investment? promotion contenders? club going places?

Um rocket science

[/quote]

Are you on something?

Numpty.

[/quote]

Is that kind of response a well reasoned one when it is on behalf of our beloved Delia & Michael?

Point kind of proved that some people are obviously more Delia and Michael fans than they are Norwich City FOOTBALL CLUB fans.... [:$]

[/quote]

I don''t see how me questioning the lunacy of one poster''s suggestion this was some big conspiracy to attract players followed by a frankly bizarre post which seems impossible to follow as an attempt to explain this ludicrous suggestion.

It is fans like you that seem to want to secularise our fanbase Smudger with little reason other than malicious intent. I would be happy to see Cullum take over - but when and only when all concerns are addressed. If you think Cullum has done that, you clearly haven''t read the article.

[/quote]

What like Delia has addressed all of the fans concerns over recent seasons?

How can the offer (if it is indeed a genuine one) from Callum be any worse than what we currently have?

[/quote]

Delia has quite often attended public forums and is regularly stopped by fans at games. Neil Doncaster is easily contactable by email. I''m not sure what else she could have done to address fans concerns.

The simple fact of the matter is we don''t have enough information to legitimately consider this offer and it''s impact on the football club. Clearly you think throwing money is the answer. I know it isn''t.  

[/quote]

I think throwing money at the situation is a bloody good start. This added to Mr Cullam''s obvious business acumen which he promised to add. Lets face it if Norwich City and the running a football club was all about how to prepare the perfect egg then Delia would be the answer.

Good idea, lets all wait and see what impact £20 million has on the club, let the offer be withdrawn whilst the rest of the ambitious teams seek to be where they want to be.

I''m not saying the offer hasn''t got to be right but throwing money at it has got to be a lot better than what we have done for the past decade

[/quote]

So you''re happy to see money thrown at the club with no thought for the practical consequences such a deal involves? Cullum is not giving us the money - it''s being bartered in exchange for controlling interest at the club. I want to know his exact plans before he''s let anywhere near a controlling interest in my football club - and frankly I''m appauled that I appear to be among a minority calling for this.

[/quote]

So did you, or anyone else, know Delias exact plans before she took over? Or is that different for some reason?

[/quote]

Well??