Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Tributes to Hucks

Well, he''s admitted he reads this boards, so post here and feel safe in the knowledge that your thanksa are appreciated.

Thanks and Good Luck

Irreplaceable is one word to describe Huckerby, he will be badly missed, i for one am gutted.

Thanks for the memories, the cardiff home game before he signed, Boxing day, many derby performances, so many fantastic goals and thanks for keeping us on the edge of our seats like nonone else for four years.

Darren Huckerby, a true legend, Gone but not forgotton!

Cheers Hucks, one of the most exciting players I''ve ever seen in the yellow and green.A great shame that you didn''t get a proper farewell last Sunday.All the best for the future.

I''m absolutely gutted to hear that Hucks is being let go.. and didn''t even get a proper send off.Cheers mate, you''ll be greatly missed!

I''ve said it many times before and on many threads.

Most exciting player I''ve seen in 50 + years of watching NCFC. It has been a priveledge to see him in a Norwich City shirt.

In years to come when sons and grandsons say how good a certain player is; then Fathers and Grandfathers will say "yes, but you should have seen Huckerby".

Darren, thanks for the memories. We may never see your like again.

Seeing the article that he had left when I got in today left me devastated, I still can''t believe it.

I would love to think that Roeder would go against his decision, but it''s pretty obvious he wont.

You will be truly missed, with such a tight transfer budget I don''t see how we will sign a player with half as the quality of yourself.

Big mistake in my opinion, thanks for the memories.

Big big mistake by Roeder!!! I am absolutely gobsmacked to be honest. You have been our best player over the last four years and no one can question that. You stuck by us through thick and thin while others couldn''t leave quick enough. Good luck Hucks you are truly a Norwich City legend.

Quite simply the best player Norwich City has ever bought.  Who will forget his performance in that Cardiff game before he signed on full time, or the Xmas spent listening to every sport bulletin to see if he''d signed, or the fact he virtually got us promoted singly handedly.  Hucks may be going, but he''ll never be forgotten.  Lets keep the Huckerby chant alive.

I could think of many words to describe ya mate but i think Ledgend is the most appropriate. Will never be forgotten here and hope you come back and have some role at the club in the future. The buzz us fans got everytime you got the ball was quite special.

Good luck with wotever you do in the future!

Thanks for everything hux, you have been the bright spark in these past dim seasons and helped us to the top level that had alluded us for so many years.I am gutted you are going but I wish you and your family all the best for the future. My favourite memory, that goal against birmingham, probably the best goal I have ever seen.Legend till the end hux. Good luck!

Hucks,Thanks for the great times you have been a true legend during your time here.Remember meeting you during your holiday to Ayia Napa with Richard Shaw, Noel Whelan and Telfer, Thanks for all the drinks bar that awful one which I had to light. (made me viciously sick). I am the squaddie whom the last time you saw me in Vodka Blue,  your words "I am amazed you are still alive" (Thanks for that was a classic) I am back in Cyprus now and was on Nissi Beach the other day (its a hard life) I am running the Episkopi Garrison football team now and we have a vacancy for a left Winger if you are interested? Seriously,You have been a True legend and brought some great times to me, my family and mates during your time hear. A truly exciting player to watch with tricks and pace in abundance, Boxing days will not be the same without you. You have been an ambassador to the Club not only during your time on the pitch but also off it. All the best to you and your family.Leave me a message if you are interested in the offer? Cant offer much in the way of wages, but you can get a great sun tan and give the right backs in our league hell anytime!Ian[;)][:P]

Absolutely gutted! It has been a privilege watching you play in our shirt - by far the most exciting player that I''ve ever seen play for us. Can''t believe that you didn''t get a proper send (cheers for that Glenn[;)]) off but I imagine you know how everyone''s feeling anyway. Good luck wherever you go - as long as it''s not the scum! [:)] 

Gutted and shocked, we can never replace Hucks.  Makes me even more glad i was at QPR but do wish we''d known then so he''d got the massive send off he so deserves.Hucks, Thank you so much for being the best outfield player i have seen in yellow and green in my life-time and for showing a level of loyalty and commitment so rare in football, i just wish the club could have shown the same level of loyalty to you.Again Thank You and good luck in whatever you do now, truely one of NCFC''s greatest.Cat

Darren,Thanks for so many great memorys, I am only 15 years old but I believe I have witnessed one of the best players ever to wear a city shirt. I wish you good luck in what ever you do and I really hope to see you back at Norwich some day soon..You are a true city legend. Your passion for our club cannot go unnoticed. You aren''t just a player, you are a fan. You are one of us. You have been the most exciting player I have seen over 10 years supporting the club.Good luck Dazza! Thanks for the memories-Scott

Huckerby was an absolute legend and gave us so many good memories. Why on earth he hasnt been given a new contract I dont know..

Real shame we couldnt have had a proper farewell for him on sunday like we did Dion. As we didn''t know.

Roeder should have let us know as he said he had ''made his mind up ages ago''.

Maybe Roeder will get sacked and the new manager will see sence and get him back ;)

sorry to here your parting hucks from the man who gave you his shirt of his back for you to keep on the pitch that night .

little did i know 4 years later you would still be here hang it with pride somewhere and remember your

always be one of us and your name will be sung long afer roder has left.

a seat with your name on it in the barclay my man and ill gladly sit with you.

all the best the shirt man.

I''m a 29 yr old guy and I''ve been feeling quite emotional since I found out this news, I''m really gonna miss that fella! I''d love a chance to say goodbye to him, although I''d prob end up with "something in my eye"!

Aside from his obvious skills and flair, what set Hucks apart was his outspoken fondness for the club. He acted like a fan and I''ll always remember him for that.

Hucks is gone. Long live Hucks!

Hucks - What can we say?Thank you for all the joy you have given us watching you over the years.You are a true NCFC legend and i certainly hope you remain involved at the club.It will be strange not seeing you tearing defences apart next year as you so often have done in the past.Good luck with everything, whatever you do, im sure you will be successful.A genuine thank you, for a genuine City legend.

Yeah thanks for the (distant) memories Hux.

but...

All good things come to and end, maybe you were here a couple of years too long.

[quote user="archer4721"]

Yeah thanks for the (distant) memories Hux.

but...

All good things come to and end, maybe you were here a couple of years too long.

[/quote]what winds me up is when losers join this board just to post negative stuff about player who has done alot for the club. You can''t even be gracious in your comments, now putting all the evidence together I would say that you actually live somewher in Suffolk, am I correct?

[quote user="Canaries87"]

I know someone has posted this recently but this video really does sum it all up for me. True Legend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el3Q0-A9GN4

OTBC

[/quote]

that was me and i''ll be watching it agian and again!

Is it possible to find who made the video, get it on a disc and send copies to Glen Roeder and Delia?!

There is only one word to describe Darren Huckerby and that is .........Legend!

Thanks you Hucks and all the best for the future!

Anyone got any ideas of how Hucks could be thanked, or the club could thank him.

I gues with Roeder in charge a testimonial is out of the question!

Thanks Hucks! In all my 30 years of being a Norwich supporter Hucks has been the most exciting player to watch. So many classsic memories. I believed he was a genuine person and a rareity in this day and age who played with his canary heart on his sleeve. I credit him with playing a major part in our promotion and this year saving us from the drop, especially helping to remove Grant before it was too late. I just hope this doesn''t to turn out to haunt Roeder in the same way as McLaren dropping Becks did. Hucks is so much part of the culture that if Roeder wants to change the culture he has to start with the biggest part of it.  I can accept that. I find it hard to accept that we couldn''t say goodbye properly, but it is as it is. Good luck and Thanks for the memories.

Thanks for everything Hucks, everything you have done for the club in the last 5 years means so much, and I really hope that you realise that we Norwich City fans truely appreciate it, there''s always going to be the odd fan out there that can''t appreciate greatness, passion and comitment as you are all of those things and that''s why you are looked upon as a legend to so many of us. What ever you choose to do next, I along with thousands of other Norwich City fans wish you all the best and hope it works out well for you.

Darren Huckerby gone but never forgotten.....

One of the most exciting players at carrow rd ever (well since 68) thanks for the memories you will be VERY hard to replace

Darren,

Thanks for all the memories of your fantastic efforts on and off the pitch. I only met you in person once on Flem''s bike and hike, but you signed my sons shirt he hangs with pride on his wall, and took the time to talk to him when you obviously had a schedule to keep. That really meant a lot to us. You will always be our favourite NCFC player, no-one else has the honesty, intelligence, understanding or abilities you have shown over the last years.

We hope to see you back around Carrow Rd soon (perhaps the 1st home pre-season friendly), to give you the fans send off you never received this season.

All the best in whatever you do, and I know the fans will hold no grudges if you decide to play for another Championship team.

Dave + Thomas (Lower Barclay)

I think you have been the greatest flair player I have seen in my 40+ years of watching City. Simply irreplaceable.

Thanks for the entertainment and your loyalty to the club and fans. I hope we will see you back in some capacity or other one day.