Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

im disgusted by Peter Grants post match interview.

When PG first came here I was pleased with his honesty.

That didnt last long!

Now we are back to the Worthy era of post match interview fairy tales to cover up the horrible performances.

Claiming we did well and the fans were to blame...... blah blah blah.

25000 vs a bottom club and he has the gall to blame the fans because the team gave them nothing to cheer about.

Adams even said during the match that the fans were "dying for something to get behind the team"

They so badly wanted to cheer "something"

Now Grant blames the quiet crowd in losing 2 points.

YET he was the one who brought on Hughes to slow the game down, what do you expect.

He goes negative yet expects to raise the crowd.

Its obvious he is new at this, maybe this was a huge gamble by Delia to bring in someone so unproven.

I am not sure I even trust him to spend any tranfer money wisely.

After our defeat to the scum I didnt think it could get worse!

It has. I hope I am wrong and Grant turns it around on the pitch.

He has certainly lost some of the supporters already.

I agree - I was initially pleased to see his honesty yet his comments to some of the players esp Huckerby and to the fans today show very poor management skills in my opinion. Yes he may think that and yes he may have a point but there are ways and means of expressing it. I feel angered by the comments and I wasn''t even at the game so he is treading on egg shells now if he doesn''t improve things on the pitch! 

What a pratt.....I was there and we were terrible,for Grant to say anything positive almost beggars belief,what was he thinking.....24,000 people in there and i would doubt if anyone agrees with him

If he wants to lose the supporters then this sort of post-match crap is the easy way to do it,to say the team were fantastic in places and were so much better than at Ipswich is complete garbage but the worst thing is to blame the long suffering crowd .....it,s completly barmy

He may only have a poor squad to pick from,Robinson,Hughes were hopeless today,Mcveigh and Eagle were even worse both are too small and too slow.... he needs to say it as it is and not blame us for the lightweight players he has got

Just listened to Grant''s interview on the BBC website (see link below). It''s fairly pathetic to try and deflect criticism from himself and the players by blaming the crowd. He talks of Hull''s goal as it''s their only chance. Funny, I recall Hull having a better earlier chance from a free header, when it seemed harder to miss than score. Plus a shot that crept narrowly wide of the post. While in the first half there was the rebound that hit Gallacher''s post, when Hull kept us entrenched in our own half.The team was awful for most of today''s game, against one of the league''s worst teams. They deserved to be booed at half-time, and at the final whistle. Having finally got into the game on the right flank and set up the goal, Grant subs McVeigh for donkey Hughes! Suddenly Hull are ploughing down the flank at Colin unopposed and we are forced onto the back foot for the final 20 minutes. But of course, it''s all the fans fault!http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/articles/2006/07/31/norwichcity_audio_archive_0607_feature.shtml

Norwich manager Peter Grant:
"We needed the fans for the full 90 minutes and we didn''t get that - for me that''s a disgrace.

"I''ve got to choose my words carefully but I thought the supporters let us down badly, they never got behind us when we needed them most.

"I keep going on about passion and commitment. Does it work only one way?"

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Did you hear Canary call? Was it barry or some other bloke who was going nuts, genius!! I''m gutted about todays result but frankly its going to be a while till he beds in and gets the team right. I know people want a quick fix answer but in reality I think we are a mid table club at the moment with a few good players who aren''t performing to there potential. I too was annoyed about his crowd comments,but misdirection is a great tool, we are all talking about his comments instead of how crap we were!!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Norwich manager Peter Grant:
"We needed the fans for the full 90 minutes and we didn''t get that - for me that''s a disgrace.

"I''ve got to choose my words carefully but I thought the supporters let us down badly, they never got behind us when we needed them most.

"I keep going on about passion and commitment. Does it work only one way?"

[/quote]

If that''s choosing your words carefully then I''d hate to hear a slip of the tounge from him.

On yer bike !

I thought i was listening to worthington again, he even squeesed in the word sit-u-a-shun unfortunately without the irish accent.

Was he being honest? Or is he trying to win back the players support after so much constant critiscm.? It seems strange that after all the moaning he''s done he was satisfied with that. There is something fishy going on!

Oh dear attacking the fans is never a good idea he ought to avoid otherwise it could all end in tears.

How long until we have a bring back Worthington campaign

i said to my mate we will be managerless again come April. he will walk away after making such a fist of it and the players turn on him, along with the fans

anyone want to take me up on that?

the board should all go with him if thats the case. rather than appointing another yes man or friend of Delia. Rioch, Hamilton, Worthington, Grant,

It says something about our board that they wont hire someone who will say to them what need sto be said.

Mustn''t tread on delias little tootsies though!

jas :)

I''ve just emailed Neil Doncaster about this.Grant has to apologise for this. He is going to get murdered on Tuesday night unless he doesn''t

you lot aren''t happy unless you are moaning.admittingly today wasn''t good and it was a poor result , but to judge peter grant at this stage is ridiculous. give him time to bring people in, as we are down to the bare bones and clearly the squad he inherited is not good enough.people moan if hes knocking the players and then moan if he defends them. some people on here are absolute pricks

I have just been on teletext peter grant has said the supporters were a disgrace yesterday.I have never heard so much crap in all my life.The crap was on the pitch.I get a feeling he will not be here long  if he starts these rants.

[quote user="gareth"]you lot aren''t happy unless you are moaning.admittingly today wasn''t good and it was a poor result , but to judge peter grant at this stage is ridiculous. give him time to bring people in, as we are down to the bare bones and clearly the squad he inherited is not good enough.people moan if hes knocking the players and then moan if he defends them. some people on here are absolute pricks[/quote]Gareth - Keep up mate - read Grant''s comments about the fans.  I''m  am not  a regular moaner about anything. To blame the fans for the p*** poor performance on Staurday is quite disgraceful.

[quote user="gareth"]you lot aren''t happy unless you are moaning.admittingly today wasn''t good and it was a poor result , but to judge peter grant at this stage is ridiculous. give him time to bring people in, as we are down to the bare bones and clearly the squad he inherited is not good enough.people moan if hes knocking the players and then moan if he defends them. some people on here are absolute pricks[/quote]  Spot on mate!  There has been loads of moaning about PG slating the players, then, he defends them and what happens? oh yes!!!  He should be slating them!!  As for his moan at the crowd? I was there and we were quiet (Except for the idiot near me who moaned all day!)  Also I have seen some people questioning Mcveigh being replaced , I hadn''t realised he was on the pitch!!  What is the matter with the guy?

I''d just like to say though that as an away season ticket holder who rarely makes home games, the first game I got to see this season was Sunderland and I was shocked at the lack of noise from around the ground, so in a way, I can see his point.We all go on about what wonderful support we are, but really, it was like going to Highbury it was so quiet. Most of the Jarrold could also do with learning the words for such basics as "Come on you Yellows" as they don''t seem to want to sing even that, let alone me, the mrs and one other being the only ones singing On The Ball in our immediate vicinity.

The way to react on Tuesday is not to chastise Grant, but to show him and some of the players who are undecided on staying exactly what you''re all capable of for the whole 90 minutes, and keep on doing it for all the home games. This is something that has to happen if we are going to create a strong atmosphere at home. We can hardly refer to the place as Fortress Carrow Road if it''s as intimidating as a library can we?

OTBC

and you young gareth have just joined that band of pr*cks. Grant is putting pressure on himself .

we have every right to moan after witnessing two no show games, against a poor ip*wich team and an even worse Hull side, yet we made both of them look like championship leaders.

for Grant to slag off a 24,000 crowd watching clueless professional footballers with no aim, bite or committment is the disgrace, not the fact that the crowd were quiet..............I am afraid its going to get a lot quieter if we have to watch that dross week in and week out. tell the players to give us a bit and i am sure that the passion and noise will return.

classic chant of "we''re sh*t but we''re beating you".......................irony lives!!

i agree with you gareth, yes perhaps he shouldnt have come out and said anything about the fans quite like this but to be fair a lot of you take any chance to be negative about the team! wait until january, see who we sign and if coem next may we are 12th or below then complain but for now get behind your team who you say you support not criticise them as with critisism people like robinson and hughes wont imporve

most r moarning at his comments about the fans which peter grant is out of order 4 because without us where would ncfc be the fans make a good football club city always have about 24 thound fans at each game pay hard earned money to watch the football club the love some find it hard to get that money each week & the players who earn a good wadge 4 playing football perform like that well as i all ways say if i didnt do well in my job i would not have 1 i feel grant will do a good job he just needs to think before he opens his mouth. he keep moaning about huckerby not defending but hucks is not a winger hes a striker you cant expect him to change his game at his age if we played 442 we could put hucks up front with earny with jarvis on the bench wat about his ploicy on using youngsters i know us city fans moan alot but when you pay that money & your saturday afternoon to watch them i feel we can is because you love your club

Just to bring a bit of balance to this thread I think that what we are seeing by both Grant''s post match comments and the the initial responses in this thread, is the  result of frustration. I think that Grant''s comments also show a lack of experience with dealing with, in particular, the local media and his home audience. Clearly these comments attract national attention and were readily reported on Sky football reports.I''d hate to think he has already started to market himself for his next job by trying to put over that the Norwich job was a no win situation because of us, our attendances speak for themselves.

I am inclined to believe that it is merely frustration and naivety which led to this and when he reflects on this he will counter it with a more conciliatory tone to us long suffering fans. Unfortunately as Gareth states I too believe that it is going to take a while to turn the corner on this pattern of play and under achievement/commitment...and I hope that Gareth too, reflects on his tone and moderates his abuse, before the moderators do, and I guess that is down to his inexperience of using these message boards, as his recency of joiningg and number of posts seems to imply.

who does grant think he is? i was pleased with his appointment but slowly i am beginning to wonder whether he is the right man? yesterday he was out of order, if he wants the fans to be with the team from start to finish he should get the players to play some decent bloody football from start to finiosh unlike yesterday when yet again we got served up crap and players who didnt appear to care yet again. there is a lot wrong with this club at the moment and comments like these aint gonna improve things, there was only one team who wanted to win for the full 90 and they were hull! before you open your trap again grant think what you are gonna say!!!

[quote user="gareth"]you lot aren''t happy unless you are moaning.admittingly today wasn''t good and it was a poor result , but to judge peter grant at this stage is ridiculous. give him time to bring people in, as we are down to the bare bones and clearly the squad he inherited is not good enough.people moan if hes knocking the players and then moan if he defends them. some people on here are absolute pricks[/quote]

But that is the point.  Peter Grant didn''t admit that today wasn''t good.....he said it was good!  He said Norwich were unlucky to not to win.

If you actually read the posts in this and other threads, no one blames Grant for the players he has.  It is his Worthy like insistence that rubbish is quality and an attack on the fans which is the issue.

Message to Mr Peter Grant

If you want the fans to get behind your team then give them something to get behind instead of that total load of dross served up on saturday. Yes you have inherited a rubbish squad and we are reaping the consequences of the worthy reign and the boards prudence without ambition. I can understand that because of this you are a very frustrated man, but please, please do not take it out on us loyal paying fans who sacrifice so much each week to go and watch such utter drivel. Take it out on those over paid up starts who call them selves footballers (particulary midfielders) but who are in danger of being fined by the trade descriptions act as imposters. Or take it out on the Board who collectively have helped get us in this total mess.

I forsee a collision course happening here any way between Grant and the Board in January and another Windass type situation, and it will all then end in tears if not before.

To the Board, you acted far to late with the removal of Worthy, and its becoming more and more obvious, dont you think?   

I''m sure that I speak for everybody else on here when I say that I would love the ground to be a cauldron of noise for every home game, but surely it is a two way process. The team has no divine right to expect noise and support-it is something they have to earn. Yesterday I was crying out for something to get behind, be it a shot, a crunching tackle or even just a sustained period of pressure. Instead we were treated to 90 minutes of passionless, shapeless and ultimately hopeless football.  How Peter Grant can expect 24,000 people to turn up week in, week out and sing their hearts out when watching that is beyond me.

Give us just a little bit of hope Mr Grant and we  will be there right behind you, but if your teams continue to show such an alarming lack of desire and drive then don''t expect us fans to be any different. 

If he continues producing the same dross as witnessed in the last few weeks and then making such misguided comments then I fear he is on very thin ice indeed.

too be honest i thought grants comments were fair we wer aboloutly silent yday. i took a mate and it was the first time hed been to carrow road and i was embarassed. after boasting for years about our amazing support i was embaraased by the level of noise in the ground in the first half. fair enough there was nothing to cheer and we wer poor but non the less if we had sung that may not hav been the case

Why is all of this anger aimed squarely at Grant?  Don''t you realise that Delia Smith thinks we are a bunch of morons too?.....and that we are little more than a necessary evil to keep the turnstiles ticking over.

Grant is just voicing the thoughts of his ''betters''.....so try to understand that. We heve been fed with ''bulls**t'' from the club''s PR machine for years......and sadly alot of fans genuinely believed they were ''loved'' by our saviours. Get real guys.....we are looked down upon as turnips......and alot of us have believed like turnips.

I never sucked it in thankfully.....along with a fair few others on here.....but for those of you who threw stones at us for being outspoken.......surely the wake up call has finally arrived. We are nothing special in the eyes of the club.........and the ''let''s be ''avin you'' was no joke on DS''s part. She really thought she could talk to us like thickos.....and sadly she wasn''t far off the mark. Now Grant feels he can do the same......

There will again no doubt be a full house at the next home match......which will show the club once more how dopey the NCFC fans are.....and also how much they can get away with.  I won''t be there for certain this time.....not because I don''t love my club.....but because I''ve lost all heart in what is going on.

[quote user="cluckaduck"]

There will again no doubt be a full house at the next home match......which will show the club once more how dopey the NCFC fans are.....and also how much they can get away with.  I won''t be there for certain this time.....not because I don''t love my club.....but because I''ve lost all heart in what is going on.

[/quote]

You pay your money, you make your own choice. I do, however, resent being called dopey by you cluckaduck, just cos I want to go to the next home game. I wasn''t happy with what I saw yesterday, or the lack of noise within the ground generally, or what I heard Peter Grant say afterwards, but if I choose to go on Tuesday, that''s my choice.

You obviously have a major problem with Delia Smith and I''d like to know just who you think should replace her????