KiwiScot

****Official Lappitup Match Thread - Leeds v Norwich****

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Barnes as a lone striker is so easy for a Championship defence to deal with. We'd be much better off with Rowe as a centre forward and Barnes playing where he usually does, although it's like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic by this point.

😂🥲

You have to hand it to Barnes……he never stops huffing and puffing……

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mackrel829 said:

I don’t think it’s despair so much as it is frustration. 

You’re right in what you say, but with the right approach, we could have nicked a result tonight. Leeds have the better side, but Sainz, Sara, Rowe and Sargent could cause no end of problems for a team that are piling bodies forward and leaving vast amounts of space in behind. Exploiting that was the only real way to win the game, but instead of playing into that strength, Wagner nullified the abilities of his own players and simultaneously played right into Leeds hands.

If we tried to match Leeds in an intense, direct, back and forth, end to end game and lost 4-3, I’d say fair enough. We took the best approach and lost to the better side. But instead we’ve basically just handed them the game.

There’s a lot to be excited about on the pitch but the approach from the sidelines was gutless tonight.

Well, yes - your plan was ideal and presumably what we wanted to do…sadly Gunn and sloppiness spoilt that 

Sainz has offered more in 10 minutes than anyone in the first 45. 

Utterly stupid decision to bench him. 

Just now, Monty13 said:

Not starting Sainz was clearly a mistake.

Yes. But Leeds have just been better across the pitch.

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

And Wagner has done it a few times. All with the same result 

This is the most frustrating thing. If Wagner learnt from his mistakes he'd be a ****ing genius given the amount he makes.

But he just repeats them again and again. He's got so much arrogance despite his failure-laden recent history.

Bring on SVH on for Rowe before he gets sent off

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, STAN said:

Sainz has offered more in 10 minutes than anyone in the first 45. 

Utterly stupid decision to bench him. 

Quality player. Hope we can build a side around him next season.. worried we’ll struggle to keep him though. I can accept losing Sara, Sargent and Rowe, even though I’d love to keep them, losing Sainz would really anger me!

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Bring on SVH on for Rowe before he gets sent off

Bring on SVH and we might as well be playing with 10. Fassnacht makes more sense.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

This is the most frustrating thing. If Wagner learnt from his mistakes he'd be a ****ing genius given the amount he makes.

But he just repeats them again and again. He's got so much arrogance despite his failure-laden recent history.

Has no plan B at all in him. And I do grant that he’s working with limited depth in the squad, but even so he does nothing different 

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He is clearly not very intelligent. 

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Quality player. Hope we can build a side around him next season.. worried we’ll struggle to keep him though. I can accept losing Sara, Sargent and Rowe, when though I’d love to keep them, losing Sainz would really anger me!

Yeah, Nunez and Sainz are the two I'd want to build around.

Results were decent during Rowe's injury, so if we can get 20 mil for him it's good cash for a new project.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I've turned off the telly and now following this on the BBC minute-by-minute.

Less painful.

Having my balls snipped off with a pair of rusty scissors would be less painful. So looking forward to a summer break away from football now. Love my club but feel we are at the bottom of a cycle that can only improve with new management and youth.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well, yes - your plan was ideal and presumably what we wanted to do…sadly Gunn and sloppiness spoilt that 

Why do you presume that?

I think it’s pretty clear that Wagner’s approach was the exact opposite of that. Sit deep, defend and contain, try not to concede, nick a goal from a set piece and win 1-0.

You’re right that Gunn was at fault for the first goal but this kind of result was inevitable with that approach.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Bring on SVH and we might as well be playing with 10. Fassnacht makes more sense.

Fair... bring back RvW 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

That's the last we see of Gibson and Giannoulis.

And Sarge, and Sara and Rowe and even possibly Nunez and Sainz. 

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Dimi was probably on for our MOTM. Doesn't matter though, robot Wagner will always sub him off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Channon’s Windmill said:

Having my balls snipped off with a pair of rusty scissors would be less painful. So looking forward to a summer break away from football now. Love my club but feel we are at the bottom of a cycle that can only improve with new management and youth.

I hope you're right.

Just now, Ward 3 said:

Fair... bring back RvW 

I never left.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

You do remember where we finished last season?

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Have you seen Gianni since 2 0... walking around not offering much, laughing with a Leeds player.

Rowe has been pretty ineffective since returning from injury, £20million from Palace and I'd be happy.

Sara we have to accept this is his last game,  but we MUST keep Nunez and Sara.

Clear out the old boy brigade,  Duffy, Gianoulis,  Barnes, Hanley, Gibson etc and barring Stacey completely rebuild the defence