1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Literally taken my post completely out of context, which was about the sacking many are hoping for, no chance at all of getting away with the sacking without the conviction due to the strength and persistence of the PFA, and the conviction isn't assured - but I suspect you knew this and just fancied taking a pop at a stranger for kicks.

Well I wasn't replying to your post fella, I was speaking generally in response to daly's post and the selfish anti-social attitude that pervades society today.

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I agree on a moral level, but legally there would be mitigating circumstances if you can demonstrate that you had pre-agreed for someone to pick you up, but a genuine emergency had occurred. 

Of course that's not going to be the case here

Apparently he lives within 10 minutes walk of the pub, he had no excuses.

Just now, Cowboy said:

Well I wasn't replying to your post fella, I was speaking generally in response to daly's post and the selfish anti-social attitude that pervades society today.

Fair enough, but Daly's post was aimed at me and taken completely out of context.

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I agree on a moral level, but legally there would be mitigating circumstances if you can demonstrate that you had pre-agreed for someone to pick you up, but a genuine emergency had occurred. 

Of course that's not going to be the case here, my point is more that the time would suggest that this wasn't a planned heavy night out.  More likely he's got a problem and it was an evening quickie that grew into something bigger.

Maybe it was a heavy day of drinking that was planned............

12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I'm not sure that there is such a thing as a genuine emergency that justifies getting into a deadly weapon and putting other people's lives under direct threat from that deadly weapon when you are pissed. You are actually creating a genuine emergency just by so doing.

26 minutes ago, daly said:

Are you nuts or just simple

So you think it’s fine that a crooked solicitor for a large sum of money can get a drunk driver who could have killed someone off Scot free

"Are you nuts or just simple"

Thats funny people have asked me that many times..

Just now, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Which boozer was he in?..........

Queens Head in Hethersett apparently.

No idea where he lives, this is secondhand info.

Awful attitude and typifies players like Duffy & Barnes, they’re not too bright! Both mega rich and could easily get a taxi, but no think they’re above the law.

Terrible role models for younger players and I wouldn’t miss either when they go! Yes I’m aware Barnes was a while back but still did it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

PFA are just too powerful to get away with sacking anybody.

They'll use the Flynn Clarke case as precedent, and we'd end up owing him a 7 figure sum like Derby did with Richard Keogh.

Big difference, Keogh was injured whilst in a car driven by a drunk driver. He was not convicted of an offence.

2 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

Big difference, Keogh was injured whilst in a car driven by a drunk driver. He was not convicted of an offence.

Stoke lawyers looked into sacking Saido Berahino when they were stuck paying him a fortune to do naff all after a drink driving conviction and couldn't find a way to do it.

I can't find any example of where a player has been sacked for drink driving. I just think it's a non-starter when driving isn't part of a player's job, it is wishful thinking. Plus he'll just say he's a problem drinker and ask for therapy.

10 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

That is a good half an hours walk or more to his place, not a bad walk on a nice evening, not sure that I would want to do it with a skinful mind, and not condoning his decision to drive........

1 hour ago, Jed Maxwell said:

Well put & completely agree. I'm not sure it's the same pub in fairness, SD has been spreading the love whilst the Robert Kett has been closed for renovations!

Weird he's been obsessed with the Kett anyway and I have some stories from there that aren't helpful to post on here...but generally I've seen him in White Harte with family / friends.

Gibson lives here and he's never in the pubs, just for clarification. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

That is a good half an hours walk or more to his place, not a bad walk on a nice evening, not sure that I would want to do it with a skinful mind, and not condoning his decision to drive........

Ah, still, professional athlete should be able to walk half an hour. 

Surely the moment he decided to drive to the pub should be the moment you know you can only have a couple. He's clearly accustomed to doing it, sigh.

• Like 1

Just don't play him or even have him on the bench. Say this is due to wanting to blood youngsters or any old crap because he won't be able to prove that the truth is different. If we drop him and say it's due to this incident, he'll play the addict card (or someone will play it for him).

He's crap anyway against the kind of opponents we'll face in the play-offs, teams who do more than hoof the ball up the pitch to a six-foot-six lump. That's the only kind of defending he can do. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Ah, still, professional athlete should be able to walk half an hour. 

Surely the moment he decided to drive to the pub should be the moment you know you can only have a couple. He's clearly accustomed to doing it, sigh.

Agreed, I am nearly 62, overweight, asthmatic and have got two dodgy knees and I managed to walk for two hours yesterday...........

• Like 1

Duffy winning goal header from a corner incoming... Then everybody will be screaming for him to get a new contract

13 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Just don't play him or even have him on the bench. Say this is due to wanting to blood youngsters or any old crap because he won't be able to prove that the truth is different. If we drop him and say it's due to this incident, he'll play the addict card (or someone will play it for him).

He's crap anyway against the kind of opponents we'll face in the play-offs, teams who do more than hoof the ball up the pitch to a six-foot-six lump. That's the only kind of defending he can do. 

Yep. Also,if i'm Bamford or Rutter,i'd be in his ear from k/off,winding him up and giving him sh*t. He'd be off by the second half. Always did look a little short of brains.

'i just saw Shane Duffy coming out of wetherspoons'

Best deadline day rumour ever!

35 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

I'm not sure that there is such a thing as a genuine emergency that justifies getting into a deadly weapon and putting other people's lives under direct threat from that deadly weapon when you are pissed.

You'd hope not, but the rich & powerful seem to find a way of escaping bans that the rest of us would face should we act in such a manner.

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Duffy winning goal header from a corner incoming... Then everybody will be screaming for him to get a new contract

What are YOU drinking?🍺🙈🙈🥴

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Rubbish.

6 hours ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Caught drink driving after a crash on Monday. Not what we needed and just generally repulsive!
Footballer Shane Duffy charged after two-vehicle crash - BBC News

That's his lot as far as I'm concerned. Could of ended tragically and that means there should be no way back for him. Zero respect for our club or for the rule of law. F88k Off Shane. 

Dayummmm 102 is a hell of a reading, although he is a big lad.

yeah, stupid thing to do if you are skint, let alone on his money. You could literally drive to the pub and pay someone to drive your car home for you.

17 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Is that grounds for sacking him ?

Depends what the instructions were from the club ahead of their 3 day break. I doubt that included going on a Bank Holiday bender, getting involved in car accident and then getting arrested. If he's gone against explicit instructions then it could be grounds for dismissal. More likely he'll get a hefty fine and made to train alone.

Can't see him playing Sunday either way.

The question for Wagner is if he wants to play two left footed CBs in McLean and Gibson, McLean and Hanley or Hanley and Gibson.

3 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Would be useful for the club to draw up a code of conduct which all players have to sign up to. Which if breached allows the club to release them with no penalties. 

Which wouldn’t stand up in a court of law.  Imagine if your employer unilaterally brought in a code of conduct which dictated your behaviour outside of working hours, and then terminated your contract if you breached it.  You’re having a laugh.

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

It's in the BBC article; there's a photo of the Queen's Head and it gives his address.

He lives about a mile away and it would take two minutes to drive, so I'm guessing he probably just thought that he wouldn't be stopped over such a short distance so took a chance. Obviously didn't account for the fact that he might be too pissed to drive in a straight line.