Some people are on the p-i-s-s, they think it's all over....

Shouldn't take any part in the Play-Offs now for me. Totally unacceptable. 

From the overnight thread on this, my thoughts:

Given the news is now out there, strangely the original thread contained nothing that is now not in the public domain. 102mg of alcohol is a solid session, but it always amazes me that millionaires like him cannot plan an evening with their Uber app charged and ready. No one would have begrudged him letting his hair down, but trying to drive just mirrors his ineffectual participation in our build up play - a veritable accident waiting to happen. Hanley back for Sunday?

• Like 7

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Given the news is now out there, strangely the original thread contained nothing that is now not in the public domain. 102mg of alcohol is a solid session, but it always amazes me that millionaires like him cannot plan an evening with their Uber app charged and ready. No one would have begrudged him letting his hair down, but trying to drive just mirrors his ineffectual participation in our build up play - a veritable accident waiting to happen. Hanley back for Sunday?

Apologies Shef, wasn't aware that there was already a thread on this. Completely agree with your points!

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Whilst this is not an excuse, every time I go to Norwich it's a complete f%%king nightmare trying to get a taxi, Uber or otherwise, there is definitely a severe lack of taxi drivers in Norwich.

That said, never an excuse for drink driving, and you're a bloody Norwich player in Norwich mate, about 50% of random strangers with a car would agree to give you a lift in exchange for a quick selfie and a tidbit of gossip so they can boast about it to their mates for a few weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Apologies Shef, wasn't aware that there was already a thread on this. Completely agree with your points!

There's been about six since yesterday about the topic, mods deleted them. Guess they were waiting for the story to hit the headlines first 

2 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

There has been about 6 but they keep getting deleted, I'm sure this one will survive now that the BBC have published.

Connor Southwell clearly just worried about Libel/Defamation until they could verify the story.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There's been about six since yesterday about the topic, mods deleted them. Guess they were waiting for the story to hit the headlines first 

Let me guess, you started 5 of them 😄 

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Hey no worries the other live thread was by its very nature under a neutral title. I just wanted to save time re-typing!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Whilst this is not an excuse, every time I go to Norwich it's a complete f%%king nightmare trying to get a taxi, Uber or otherwise, there is definitely a severe lack of taxi drivers in Norwich.

That said, never an excuse for drink driving, and you're a bloody Norwich player in Norwich mate, about 50% of random strangers with a car would agree to give you a lift in exchange for a quick selfie and a tidbit of gossip so they can boast about it to their mates for a few weeks.

Money they're on,they can afford to pay for a driver.Bloke's a  t*at!!

Edited by mannings bandy legs
Spelling

Posted (edited)

Just read his blew over 100 on the breath thing. Isnt 20 the limit?

Christ, why get in a car when he must have been in such a state that I imagine he would have found it hard to walk straight line without falling over?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just read his blew over 100 on the breath thing. Isnt 20 the limit?

Christ, why get in a car when he must have been in such a state that he could hardly walk in a straight line?

35 Micrograms

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Money they're on,they can afford to pay for a driver.Bloke's a  t*at!!

Don't dispute that, I despite drink or drug drivers.

8 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Not when your nextdoor neighbor is a taxi driver and you agree to bung him an extra fiver to get you at a certain time 😉 👍

Ample excuse to get rid of him. Has been a disaster of a signing and the type of player we don’t need, aside from lack of ability, at the end of their career on a final payday who doesn’t give a hoot. 

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Not when your nextdoor neighbor is a taxi driver and you agree to bung him an extra fiver to get you at a certain time 😉 👍

I know somebody that has an arrangement with a takeaway on POW road.

If he orders 2 Pizza's for home delivery (with the delivery charge obviously) they'll let him hop in the back of the delivery drivers car, but occasionally its a long journey home as the delivery driver has got a drop off or two on the way 🤣 

Its a £3 lift home with your hangover food already sorted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m sure many fans are also aware of other antics involving booze this season. Albeit he cleared the bar (literally) with this one; seemingly. 

In play-off week too. What a disrespect to the manager and the club. 

Get rid of him 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

At least its given Wagner a ready made excuse if all goes t*ts up on Sunday. Depleted squad and all that!!!!!

Can't see any reason why he can't play so why would the squad be depleted?

Won't be remanded in custody for drink driving, and you don't get a footballing suspension.

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I’m sure many fans are also aware of other antics involving booze this season. Albeit he cleared the bar (literally) with this one; seemingly. 

Get rid of him 

Use him for the play-off's.

Then ditch him in the summer. 

Just now, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Won't be remanded in custody for drink driving, and you don't get a footballing suspension.

Yeah sure. Sends a great message out doesn’t it - get battered in play off week, get in your car, drive into some others, and we’ll still play you. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I for one will be utterly flabbergasted if he's in the squad

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Get rid of him 

I think Duffy will have served his purpose at NCFC already this season, and with probably on a decent wedge this oldie might be best off the books.

For the play-offs, Hanley is presumably now up and running after his set-back, and we might be well-served by our mini-stable of CDs for the next season in any case and whatever league we are in ...... Hills, and Adegboyega get good write-ups on loan.

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

This can't be a serious response. May as well put a statement out saying the club endorse drink driving. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

Yeah sure. Sends a great message out doesn’t it - get battered in play off week, get in your car, drive into some others, and we’ll still play you. 

Just cut off our nose to spite our face and throw away the play-offs by playing Danny Baath? Yeah that'll teach him.

How about he helps earn our ticket back to the pinnacle of domestic football and then we tell him that he's not going to be in our Premier League squad due to his unprofessionalism, that's a proper punishment. 

Just add him to the d1ckhead list for moving in the summer. Right now he's one of our two best fit centre backs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think Duffy will have served his purpose at NCFC already this season, and with probably on a decent wedge this oldies might be best off the books.

For the play-offs, Hanley is presumably now up and running after his set-back, and we might be well-served by our mini-stable of CDs for the next season in any case and whatever league we are in ...... Hills, and Adegboyega get good write-ups on loan.

You’d hope this allows us to void his contract as he’s still got a year or two left hasn’t he!? Can’t see there being many takers left for him on the wage we’ll be paying 

• Like 1