cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Swans*

Didn't the situation that led to the penalty look like offside?

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And we have to rely on the binners to get promoted to get us into the playoffs.

Ew. I feel sick.

Come on Ipswich.

They are going up anyway, Leeds have bottled it, may as well do us a favour on the way.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And we have to rely on the binners to get promoted to get us into the playoffs.

Ew. I feel sick.

No we have to go to Birmingham and win to get into the playoffs. If we can’t do that then we don’t deserve it

Again we put Rowe on and we look worse. No matter how good Rowe is individually, Sainz gives far more to the team as a whole.

• Like 4

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Again we put Rowe on and we look worse. No matter how good Rowe is individually, Sainz gives far more to the team as a whole.

Almost like he's injured and has been rushed back while unfit or something

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Didn't help that Barnes went off as soon as he came on, but yes.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

He hasn't been, though. He looks easily fit enough to be a sub. Was like he'd never been away against Preston. But the system works better with Sainz.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Sainz much more influential than Rowe.

Yes agree. Rowe made us worse fans favourite or not

Hull lose - City in play offs

Hull draw - City almost certainly in play offs as Hull would need to win st Plymouth, City lose at Brum and a GD turn around of 8 as we have scored more goals.

Hull win - City need to win at Brum if Hull win at Plymouth. A Hull draw at Plymouth then scenatio 2 above applies.

The Binners will be going all out to win tonight as that virtually guarantees them promotion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Can’t do it. We have to win at Birmingham.

Binners drawing tonight would be the best possible result?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Rowe didn’t look fit to me, if that’s the case he shouldn’t be on the pitch.

Poor again, sadly - if we are going into the playoffs it is on the back of two iffy home performances.  Binners win tonight and we’re there, but should do it for ourselves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

There should be a f#ucking tear up tonight in the boardroom between Knapper and Wagner over Van Hooijdonk

Finally something you and @hogesar can agree on 😉 

• Haha 3

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Rowe didn’t look fit to me, if that’s the case he shouldn’t be on the pitch.

Poor again, sadly - if we are going into the playoffs it is on the back of two iffy home performances.  Binners win tonight and we’re there, but should do it for ourselves. 

Same thing as Barnes. Looked confused when he came on and then went off injured straight down the tunnel clearly angry and upset.

Posted (edited)

Must admit (and this isn't in response to this particular match), I will be quite happy if we did decide to make a managerial change for next season. In whatever league. Just think we need some new ideas on game management and tactics. If we can keep some players all the better and recruitment is always significant of course. Overall, I think we need a refresh. And I would rather we made a strategic decision rather than a change being more of a forced one.  

The Plus points? Wagner will have been a success I believe if we do nail a play off place (which we must all expect, barring some weird circumstances) and big credit for that..... could take us to a final too?  He has crafted a team with a lot of resolve. They have clearly been playing for the shirt. Many badly want to play in the PL. Finally, he has pulled us back from the brink of mid table mediocrity following our problems post Sarge injury.

Realise I may need to put in the tin hat. 

I suppose results like Bristol City and today is typical of us. A proper Norwich  'doing it the hard way'.

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He obviously hasn't been "rushed back". Do you actually think about what you write, or are you aiming for a career with the online tabloids?

7 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Hull draw - City almost certainly in play offs as Hull would need to win st Plymouth, City lose at Brum and a GD turn around of 8 as we have scored more goals.

Hull win - City need to win at Brum if Hull win at Plymouth. A Hull draw at Plymouth then scenatio 2 above applies.

The Binners will be going all out to win tonight as that virtually guarantees them promotion.

WBA still in the equation..

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Don’t forget we are now above baggies, so if they lose on final day we are in play offs regardless of what Hull or us do!

But Hate to say it,  I’d like us to be in playoffs by end of today 

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

He obviously hasn't been "rushed back". Do you actually think about what you write, or are you aiming for a career with the online tabloids?

Does he look fully fit to you?

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

There should be a f#ucking tear up tonight in the boardroom between Knapper and Wagner over Van Hooijdonk

It's just dreadful man management to do what he did today. I get he doesn't seem to rate him but refusing to bring him on when Barnes got injured and then bringing him on with 30 seconds left is just likely to **** him off.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

It's just dreadful man management to do what he did today. I get he doesn't seem to rate him but refusing to bring him on when Barnes got injured and then bringing him on with 30 seconds left is just likely to **** him off.

Its certainly likely to f##k Knapper off

9 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Worst thing is...Ipswich know they can lose tonight to royally screw us...and still get promoted with their last 2 games...

I know it’s Ipswich really don’t think they would throw a game just to screw us up,as no game is certain they would still need 4 pts from there last 2 to get automatic 

We struggle to change our shape or make an impact on a game if it’s not going our way. If we don’t make an impact initially we find it hard to finish strong.