Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Tzolis returning to us?

Isn't this the same account that said that something like six or seven Bundesliga sides are after him?

That doesnt matter. If Fortuna cant pay, he returns to us as our player (22 goal assists in 23 games is a superb return) high on confidence,.or we can sell.to.the highest bidder.

So good all round really 

1 hour ago, Grando said:

A quantum of Tzolis!

Bravo! Goldwinger is overcooked, Fortuna Eyes Only indicates a lack of richness, and since it’s Düsseldorf rather than Dortmund, sadly he won’t be returning from Borussia with love 😔 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's an odd one all round. You'd have thought given that they're virtually guaranteed to make a profit that Dusseldorf could arrange some kind of financing. I suppose there's a risk factor in terms of injury/life crisis which makes that too risky. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fortuna seemed to have messed up on promotion and probably can't be arsed to sort finance for the sake of a couple of million euros?

The reality is the starting price for Tzolis will be whatever anyone is prepared to pay for a player that doesn't want to be at Norwich. 

Edited by Capt. Pants

It would suggest to me the rumoured interest from other clubs isn't as concrete as is being made out.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It would suggest to me the rumoured interest from other clubs isn't as concrete as is being made out.

I imagine a year away he is a year older / different manager here

might be a very small chance he might want to give it another go ? 

I think he will stay in Germany 🇩🇪 seems more suited to the league maybe very happy living there but you never know how he feels personally 

8 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

It's an odd one all round. You'd have thought given that they're virtually guaranteed to make a profit that Dusseldorf could arrange some kind of financing. I suppose there's a risk factor in terms of injury/life crisis which makes that too risky. 

Precisely. A very short term bridging loan guaranteed by a prospective buyer. 

I suspect, as Hoggy has said, that this is an agent and/or club talking up a transfer 

No-one's said that this could be the sound of the Tzolis?

13 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

That doesnt matter. If Fortuna cant pay, he returns to us as our player (22 goal assists in 23 games is a superb return) high on confidence,.or we can sell.to.the highest bidder.

So good all round really 

I haven't fact-checked your 22 in 23 statistic, but I know it's somewhere in that territory. 

How on earth we thought that Springett and Placheta were better options I cannot begin to understand.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I haven't fact-checked your 22 in 23 statistic, but I know it's somewhere in that territory. 

How on earth we thought that Springett and Placheta were better options I cannot begin to understand.

They were such good options that neither of them are here anymore either.

Can you imagine a motivated and committed Tzolis on form, Sainz & Rowe what a three prong threat! Especially in this league next season! Or a decent three on paper even in the premier league!

It would be a shame to lose Rowe & Tzolis if we can keep them, still money talks and we have debts to consider too under FFP next year too.

42 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Webber cut short his loan and bigged him up, so reading between the lines I'd guess Tzolis didn't do what was asked in terms of fitness/training. Managers have to have standards and can't just keep giving chance after chance without losing respect from the group. 

54 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I don't think we did. I just don't think Tzolis was happy to be a fringe option like those two, and we equally couldn't really afford him to be.

Hopefully with Knapper in the house and a manager who believes in youth we will see Tzolis stay. As someone said imagine him, Sainz and Rowe feeding Sergeant....wow !!

I know that in reality that may not happen but just say we go up and with MA behind us we won't have to sell the younger players

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Better than that actually, just checked on kicker.de and it's 24 in 23 games. 15 goals and 9 assists.
image.thumb.png.b0bea83d023c24882dd3c54380990a6d.png

• Like 1

Well hopefully his successful season there will give him the bite to come back and fight for that spot and replace JR on the wing and continue his form! Especially as he has said he never wanted to leave here! 

Alternatively if the rumoured interest is real... More money Cher ching. 

5 hours ago, Indy said:

Can you imagine a motivated and committed Tzolis on form, Sainz & Rowe what a three prong threat! Especially in this league next season! Or a decent three on paper even in the premier league!

It would be a shame to lose Rowe & Tzolis if we can keep them, still money talks and we have debts to consider too under FFP next year too.

Debts ? They are being managed 'in house'. I doubt you would sell your car to pay off a bit more on your mortgage.

What will decide where Rowe and Tzolis are next season is them. If Rowe wants off then he simply doesn't sign a another contract, we then try to get the best deal.

We could drag Tzolis back, but if he doesn't want to be here that would be pretty pointless. Whether he does may depend on Farke having left, as our Farke could be a 'prickly customer'and was known to blank players he fell out with.

However, it is not Ebay. City cannot simply sell as the please, as master underwear stated above. There has to be a buyer, and I would agree that talk at the moment is just puff from agents. It won't be until the dust settles after the Euro thing that clubs start putting their squad together, learn who they have or will have lost etc

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Precisely. A very short term bridging loan guaranteed by a prospective buyer. 

I suspect, as Hoggy has said, that this is an agent and/or club talking up a transfer 

An alternative view may be that it is still a gamble for Dussledorf. If they have stuffe dup promotion then they couldn't afford not to sell him straight away if they bought him and the buying clubs would know that so could just go in with lowball offers. I doubt he would be a priority for a club like Bayern so they would just as happily walk away if it came to a bidding war...

Having said all that, it is probably just agent hype....

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RobJames said:

Debts ? They are being managed 'in house'. I doubt you would sell your car to pay off a bit more on your mortgage.

What will decide where Rowe and Tzolis are next season is them. If Rowe wants off then he simply doesn't sign a another contract, we then try to get the best deal.

We could drag Tzolis back, but if he doesn't want to be here that would be pretty pointless. Whether he does may depend on Farke having left, as our Farke could be a 'prickly customer'and was known to blank players he fell out with.

However, it is not Ebay. City cannot simply sell as the please, as master underwear stated above. There has to be a buyer, and I would agree that talk at the moment is just puff from agents. It won't be until the dust settles after the Euro thing that clubs start putting their squad together, learn who they have or will have lost etc

You would if you were restricted under financial advisory, FFP rules mean we have to manage debts regardless of how we manage them in house! We are and always will be a selling club to manage finances, no different to any other in this or divisions below!

Your constant bull on this thought that we aren’t forced to sell is childish drivel, we have in the past and we will in the future, but City 1st I’m not playing at your constant crap of trying to insist we’re not a selling club, it’s a line of income and will be, if we can’t sell to balance books them wages will be trimmed more!

Where the player ends up is up to them, if a team matches our asking price then it’s up to the agent and player to agree the contract!

We have a net debt of around 27 million when we finish this season, no parachute money and a long process of MA to come on board.

So that’s all your constant crap is beyond me and I can’t be arsed to bite. Others might so keep trying.

Edited by Indy