Nike messing up yet again. Woeful manufacturers. So glad we don’t have them.

5 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the new kit controversy yet.

4 lions on our chests😂

The flag wavers have been out in force on talk radio this morning. One Taxi Driver was so upset he could barely work. Bless. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I can't see how the blame is on Nike as everyone is implying, they're making the kit based on the requirements and subsequent sign-off from the FA surely?

I'm quite patriotic but it doesn't bother me a great deal, but I get the argument that if it was done to certain other countries there would be outrage and the more I hear people pushing that I can feel me start to feel that anger. 

However,  as a design I quite like it.  It's not supposed to be a flag but a homage to it, isn't it?  i.e. when have we ever had a flag on the kit to start with?  The identification has always been the four lions from what I can remember.

Edit: Just had a look online at old kits and this come up from 2010, why was there no outrage then?  Is it because we hadn't all turned into arseholes trotting around americanisms like 'snowflake', 'woke', and 'butthurt', perhaps?

GJOSOQvWQAAZNwQ?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 5

If we are going to criticise the kit, based on the flag, why is there any blue in it at all? The flag is red and white, for the badge the roses are red and the lions on all other heraldic devices are gold, so the kit should be a combination of red, white and gold! No-one (other than me) ever got worked up about that in the past did they?

All this nonsense with prats like Barton leading the charge and even Starmer playing the patriot. 

What a load of **** and storm in a tea cup.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the new kit controversy yet.

What's controversial about it? Nike decided to fiddle a bit with a flag from a saint born in modern-day Turkey who served in the Roman army and LeeAnderthal went apoplectic for absolutely no reason whatsoever, as far as I can see.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

What's controversial about it? Nike decided to fiddle a bit with a flag from a saint born in modern-day Turkey who served in the Roman army and LeeAnderthal went apoplectic for absolutely no reason whatsoever, as far as I can see.

The worst part for me is they are charging £125. Insane.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

If we are going to criticise the kit, based on the flag, why is there any blue in it at all? The flag is red and white, for the badge the roses are red and the lions on all other heraldic devices are gold, so the kit should be a combination of red, white and gold! No-one (other than me) ever got worked up about that in the past did they?

All this nonsense with prats like Barton leading the charge and even Starmer playing the patriot. 

With Starmer making a comment, this inevitably means the PM/No. 10 will make a comment as well.

Edited by Satriales

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

Agreed. Looks like another attempt at stoking up a culture war for the easily misguided whilst the elephant in the room, namely the pricing, goes uncommented.

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Meanwhile, Germany, Italy and the Netherlands join the chat...

33 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Incredible. Who in their right mind would pay that? 

54 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I can't see how the blame is on Nike as everyone is implying, they're making the kit based on the requirements and subsequent sign-off from the FA surely?

I'm quite patriotic but it doesn't bother me a great deal, but I get the argument that if it was done to certain other countries there would be outrage and the more I hear people pushing that I can feel me start to feel that anger. 

However,  as a design I quite like it.  It's not supposed to be a flag but a homage to it, isn't it?  i.e. when have we ever had a flag on the kit to start with?  The identification has always been the four lions from what I can remember.

Edit: Just had a look online at old kits and this come up from 2010, why was there no outrage then?  Is it because we hadn't all turned into arseholes trotting around americanisms like 'snowflake', 'woke', and 'butthurt', perhaps?

It wouldn’t happen with other countries because the mistake would never have occurred in the first place. 

Funny how we are the United Kingdom when it suits and England when it doesn’t. 

I have no interest in international football unless it’s a World Cup  or Euros. And even then I am probably the least patriotic Englishmen out there. 

And anyone who pays £125 for a shirt that probably cost £5 to be made by a child in Bangladesh wants to have a serious word with themselves. 

I don't get why people are going on about Patriotism when the real issue is just the fact that flag looks cr*p and naff, has no meaning beyond getting people to argue about that instead of the ridiculous prices.

Not particularly bothered about the match, couldn't give a tu'penny toss about the flag debate. Quite like the away kit

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

With Starmer making a comment, this inevitably means the PM/No. 10 will make a comment as well.

He just has

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Here's your answer.

May be an image of text

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good news, Nike have decided to follow UKIP's lead and put their logo through the middle of the pound sign in order to show respect back to the country.

image.png.a0874bd3856d44fe5d40ca5c46dd9bc8.png

Hopefully that will calm things down and we can move, nice to see a good solution. 👍

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

would it be the same if they changed the Irish flag to  pink orange purple  

I found it offensive if it does not offend you thats fine its a free world 

I do like the colour mix but do a lion instead