No thanks. Wouldn't like to see Ipswich at Wembley, just in case. Better that they get knocked out at the semi-final stage. 

• Like 1

Think it would be a nightmare. Sharing trains and services etc with those aunts there and back…ugh…old bill everywhere and they’d probably make kick off at 6.30am or something! 😂😡

• Haha 1

It’s going to be interesting if we play them. I think our key players in Sarge, Sara, Sainz and Rowe are pound 4 pound better than theirs, but their squad has far more quality in depth. 

I still wouldn’t fancy us against them, especially over two legs, but I’m a pessimist!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It isn’t something that I’d be particularly looking forward to!

After their start to the season looking like contenders for automatic promotion, and given they still haven't beaten us in a derby in yonks, they'd be absolutely bricking it!

Well, I think it'd be amazing. Stuff for the history books.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

Wouldn't it be nice if...
we were older and we didn’t have to wait so long

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My preference would be to knock them out at Portman road, so we can then all have a nice, pressure-free day out at Wembley

35 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The nerves would kill me before kick off. I'd hate it, personally.

TBH, I think this is where I am. The potential upside doesn’t justify the soul crushing despair of both losing and seeing them promoted. I’m sure there are many binners who feel similarly although at least they’ve had years of practice at it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

TBH, I think this is where I am. The potential upside doesn’t justify the soul crushing despair of both losing and seeing them promoted. I’m sure there are many binners who feel similarly although at least they’ve had years of practice at it.

I do get the feeling that as result of our recent dominance over them, and the long unbeaten record in the derby, we have more to lose than they do whenever we play them at the moment.

It's also pretty difficult to see how it happens. They're going to finish third at worst, and while we might overhaul West Brom, at this point our likeliest play-off place is sixth. Pretty sure that if we do meet in the playoffs, it'll be in the semis. Personally I will laugh until August if we beat them, having finished twenty points behind them. It'll be like the year we beat Wolves, but on crack.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I do get the feeling that as result of our recent dominance over them, and the long unbeaten record in the derby, we have more to lose than they do whenever we play them at the moment.

Maybe, but if I were them I'd be terrified of this, their one decent season in the last twenty years, being ruined by us. Again.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Southampton can still catch Ipswich as they still have to.play them.

Cant really think who I'd rather play in a playoff semi.

Cant see us beating Leeds over 2 legs , with the 2nd leg at Elland Road.

I feel physically sick at the thought of ipswich again in the playoffs...but I think we'd have a better chance than we would Leeds

..Southampton is my preference, if that were in any way possible.

We could still catch WBA yet..

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The nerves would kill me before kick off. I'd hate it, personally.

Binner! 😉

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Foxy2600 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if...
we were older and we didn’t have to wait so long

Persil Automatic washes cleaner

It looks increasingly likely that we will only meet them in semi’s as 6th looks best spot we can get unless WBA mess up and it’s unlikely Southampton will catch them in 3rd - if either Leicester or Leeds falter then Binners could take either of the auto’s. How does it go in the Semi’s 3rd spot plays away first game and home 2ng leg or other way? 

WBA have a good run of fixtures remaining. I really can't see them messing up as they are so well organised. 

I think Leeds are the most difficult team to play at the moment and think they'll go up with Leicester. 

Don't know why, but if we're going to play Ipswich I'd rather it was over 2 legs rather than at Wembley. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

They are sh-tting themselves at the prospect, too. There'll likely be a lot of interest from East Anglia in those dodgy internet sites selling diazepam online should it happen.

I thought third played sixth in the first round of ties though? We likely cannot get better than sixth place and we want them to miss out on autos and that probably means third place unless they have another wobble and Saints go on a run. If the first comes to pass, it means we'll play them first, home and away surely? A repeat of last time.

Have I got that right? It's complicated and might end up being a bit nerve racking, but it's better than the being subject to the nonentity of a season's end that threatened before Wagner pulled himself together, the injury list abated and Saintz became the all-action superstar that he has he now is.

Just noticed Helsinki has already posted all this. Kiitos!

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

It’s going to be interesting if we play them. I think our key players in Sarge, Sara, Sainz and Rowe are pound 4 pound better than theirs, but their squad has far more quality in depth. 

I still wouldn’t fancy us against them, especially over two legs, but I’m a pessimist!

Have Ipswich still yet to beat any teams in the top six? We are in the top six.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

**** that, much rather stop them having a big day out at Wembley after beating them across two legs and have to sit at home while we are.

That would be the perfect.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 2

Agree with OP, I’d love it and hope it happens.

I can see us beating Saints, Baggies or binners in semis or final so would love to get them at Wembley to properly shut them up.

• Thanks 1

If we finish 6th then we are at home first v 3rd. If that was Leeds then despite our recent results, could anyone  seriously see us doing them over two legs? E Road in front of 35000 very aggressive, threatening Yorkshire males would be an extremely hostile place to.go.

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

We beat them 3-0 in the 1st leg at Carrow Rd., they win 1-0 at Poorman Rd.

Every dictionary in the world would have the entry for 

Pyrrhic Victory changed to 'See 1p5wich V Norwich City, EFL Play-off 2nd leg 2024'.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Have Ipswich still yet to beat any teams in the top six? We are in the top six.

They have played 7 times against top 6 teams and won once. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Agree with OP, I’d love it and hope it happens.

I can see us beating Saints, Baggies or binners in semis or final so would love to get them at Wembley to properly shut them up.

WBA seem the hardest nut to crack for us.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

I think there will be a lot of trouble at the home match in April, it would be next level worse playing them at Wembley sharing trains, tubes, roads, pavements, pubs etc. It would be an absolute nightmare.

Highly unlikely to happen though. I have this horrible feeling they'll pip Leeds for 2nd or at very worst finish 3rd.

A play-off final against WBA is more likely.