Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Borjas red card overturned!

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Outstanding news. Really felt our season would have been over if the red had stood. As it is, we can fire up John Cleese again.

Understand those railing against the criticism of Sainz, but I'm afraid I still think some of it is valid. He does allow opponents to wind him up, he'd already reacted to Ayling's tackle and if he gets a reputation, it's just going to increase the chances of it happening again. As I said in the post above, we should always be looking to improve all aspects of our players, coaching and overall set-up, and this an aspect of Borja's game he needs to improve. I'm sure he can do it, in much the same way Emi did, and I hope the club is working with him on it.

Agree with this. Very pleased that the red card has been overturned and common sense has prevailed. But there’s been multiple times when the “red mist” seems to come over Borja, one game at CR I remember him charging around and launching into tackles when he didn’t really need to. Hopefully he can learn to channel his aggression on the pitch in a productive way!

Obviously I'm delighted, but totally shocked. i thought the decision should be overturned but that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that it would be.

Happy first of all for Sainz, who I didn't want blamed for NCFC not making the play-offs.

Yet more proof that the standard of refereeing in the EFL is rapidly declining. I guess some people will argue that this is a reason to introduce VAR, but is VAR one of the reasons why this fall in standards is happening? Whatever, the Championship should not be seen as somewhere to send failed PL refs who are rubbish.

As for Howson, he's blown his reputation forever here and we all now see him as a cheap little cheat. My reading of the situation was that he feared he was going to get a red for his tackle, so he did his best to set up Sainz as the patsy. I doubt he cares - he's made his fortune out of football. Just imagine that you are willing to destroy your reputation in order to help a team finish tenth in the league instead of twelfth.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

F*CK YOU BOBBY MADLEY EVERYONE YOU TOUCH GET'S DIABETES

What a stupid comment, maybe you should try living with Type 1 Diabetes, it's no ****ing laughing matter you ****! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apologies, not sure what came over me then

You turned into me for a minute 🤣

• Haha 1

Apologies, not sure what came over me then

Fair enough, you had the balls to apologise at once. We all say stupid things in the heat of the moment. Believe me, I should know.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Fair enough, you had the balls to apologise at once. We all say stupid things in the heat of the moment. Believe me, I should know.

I could have just edited it immediately but I guess it's one of those things that's out there, can sit there and suffer alongside myself.

17 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

What a stupid comment, maybe you should try living with Type 1 Diabetes, it's no ****ing laughing matter you ****! 

I apologise for any offence caused (although I'm mostly wondering what that 4 letter thing you called me was) but to be honest I'm not sure it can be seen as laughing at Diabetes itself. Plus it's type 2 that generally gets joked about anyway:

F*CK YOU BOBBY MADLEY EVERYONE YOU TOUCH GET'S DIABETES

what an idiotic thing to say

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Obviously I'm delighted, but totally shocked. i thought the decision should be overturned but that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that it would be.

Happy first of all for Sainz, who I didn't want blamed for NCFC not making the play-offs.

Yet more proof that the standard of refereeing in the EFL is rapidly declining. I guess some people will argue that this is a reason to introduce VAR, but is VAR one of the reasons why this fall in standards is happening? Whatever, the Championship should not be seen as somewhere to send failed PL refs who are rubbish.

As for Howson, he's blown his reputation forever here and we all now see him as a cheap little cheat. My reading of the situation was that he feared he was going to get a red for his tackle, so he did his best to set up Sainz as the patsy. I doubt he cares - he's made his fortune out of football. Just imagine that you are willing to destroy your reputation in order to help a team finish tenth in the league instead of twelfth.

Is VAR the problem or the solution? It's existence in the PL but not the Championship makes life difficult. It is in place for the top 2 divisions in Spain. Why is there no consistency?

Snowflake central on here as per. Should change the name of this forum to 'The Wet Lettuce'. Especially as that was probably one of Hogey's more sensible posts.

As for the red card, pleasantly surprised to see it overturned as it was a terrible decision.

However the bigger crime was the players completely giving up when down to 10. A play off spot up for grabs and they couldn't care less. Gutless and unforgivable.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, stratton canary said:

A bit harsh and over reaction, I don't believe he has wanted to upset anyone with it. Maybe you should apologise as well? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Is VAR the problem or the solution? It's existence in the PL but not the Championship makes life difficult. It is in place for the top 2 divisions in Spain. Why is there no consistency?

Because one is the FA and the other is the Football League. And the amount of cash available to pay for it is vastly different.

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

I could have just edited it immediately but I guess it's one of those things that's out there, can sit there and suffer alongside myself.

I apologise for any offence caused (although I'm mostly wondering what that 4 letter thing you called me was) but to be honest I'm not sure it can be seen as laughing at Diabetes itself. Plus it's type 2 that generally gets joked about anyway:

Tw#t

1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

A bit harsh and over reaction, I don't believe he has wanted to upset anyone with it. Maybe you should apologise as well? 

10 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Tw#t

It's looking unlikely to be completely honest..

• Like 1

Odd, always a little disconcerting when a player you genuinely liked did reveals the real them, Howson. Probably they are consistent it’s me who is naive. 

Posted (edited)

This video tells us a lot about Howson. Just look at the reaction of the fella! Talk about play acting....our club has tagged the video with the words "Oscars" and "Hollywood" and actually put it on the website.

...and also that video shows us what a player Sainz is. 

It's not all over yet. We can make that 6th place. But this incident leaves behind a nasty taste. And how the hell has Madley not seen it I have no idea. 

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

As Sainz will no longer be suspended for four games, and rightly so, Madley should be suspended for four games, with a possible season ban.

Madley stood within yards of the incident , with a clear view. His incompetence should be duly punished.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sonyc said:

This video tells us a lot about Howson. Just look at the reaction of the fella! Talk about play acting....

Did you see the pitch side footage?  I can't remember seeing the extra play acting he done afterwards where he and Kenny had words (Around 7:10):

I hope the club put up the full uncut footage from pitchside when they do their "City View" equivalent, as both Barnes and Sarge had to get Sainz off the pitch to prevent him from protesting too much.

In fact, shows how important Barnes is in those moments, there was no opportunity for it to spill over and that must've made the appeal so much easier.

Edited by Google Bot

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Did you see the pitch side footage?  I can't remember seeing the extra play acting he done afterwards where he and Kenny had words (Around 7:10):

I hope the club put up the full uncut footage from pitchside when they do their "City View" equivalent, as both Barnes and Sarge had to get Sainz off the pitch to prevent him from protesting too much.

In fact, shows how important Barnes is in those moments, there was no opportunity for it to spill over and that must've made the appeal so much easier.

I admit I was a little confused by RadNor saying Howson didn't make a meal of it, as I was sure that he'd hopped away and eventually landed in a heap. Glad I wasn't making things up.

• Like 1

Madley not only failed to take in the whole picture on at least 5 or 6 points already mentioned here but also failed to notice Howson had zero markings on his thigh. His decision was based entirely on Howson's reaction and theatrics. Showing Madley to be equally naive and incompetent to be refereeing at this level 

All been one big paella in the sky....Si Si San Miguel!....

Gracias!....not Grassy Thigh Jonny Boy!....

Anyway....What's this thread about again?.....

12 hours ago, Google Bot said:

This is the first time I've seen any footage from the game and although I don't think that Howson's challenge was in any way a red card as he clearly got the ball first and the contact between him and Sainz was a result of the momentum of both players towards each other, his reaction afterwards does appear to be what got Sainz sent off. Whether this was a deliberate attempt to get him sent off or an attempt to convince Madley that he himself has come off worse and shouldn't be carded for his tackle, who can tell?

4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

This is the first time I've seen any footage from the game and although I don't think that Howson's challenge was in any way a red card as he clearly got the ball first and the contact between him and Sainz was a result of the momentum of both players towards each other, his reaction afterwards does appear to be what got Sainz sent off. Whether this was a deliberate attempt to get him sent off or an attempt to convince Madley that he himself has come off worse and shouldn't be carded for his tackle, who can tell?

Clinton Morrison on SKY's Soccer Saturday today was not impressed with the decision or Madley's performance.

Unfortunately,it won't get us back the 3pts which we would probably have earned 😞