If there was a game that we could improve our away form it is this one. Boro having only taken 4 points from their last 18– we have notched up an incredible fourteen. And to be there come May, it's games like this we need to be winning. Three teams on losing streaks. We've beaten one (S'land) and there's Rotherham on Sat.

Perhaps with a bit more skill we would have scored more on Saturday, enthusiasm over ability. But we are having shots on goal(ish) Even Gino seems to be getting the reach - not row x any more. you don't shoot, you don't score.

We know the match winners. however what has transformed the performances is the unsung heroes who have come good. Gibson returning to his best, Stacey getting crosses in, regularly. Passback steadily improving. It needs a fully committed team and squad to get us to the playoffs. No shortage of enthusiasm and commitment. Just need to get things to click.

Hopefully it will on Weds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobJames said:

If there was a game that we could improve our away form it is this one. Boro having only taken 4 points from their last 18– we have notched up an incredible fourteen. And to be there come May, it's games like this we need to be winning. Three teams on losing streaks. We've beaten one (S'land) and there's Rotherham on Sat.

Perhaps with a bit more skill we would have scored more on Saturday, enthusiasm over ability. But we are having shots on goal(ish) Even Gino seems to be getting the reach - not row x any more. you don't shoot, you don't score.

We know the match winners. however what has transformed the performances is the unsung heroes who have come good. Gibson returning to his best, Stacey getting crosses in, regularly. Passback steadily improving. It needs a fully committed team and squad to get us to the playoffs. No shortage of enthusiasm and commitment. Just need to get things to click.

Hopefully it will on Weds.

Um.... er......... well I'm plumping for Fassnacht via predictive text....................

Posted (edited)

Is pass back included in "playing it from the back?"

We definitely seem improved with regard to the latter. There is the occasional fright, but most teams seem to have those.

Pass-back is the move which excites the boo-boys in to song. Sometimes it is necessary and even part of the build up, sometimes (perhaps the case on Saturday) it just seems negative and indicative of a team devoid of attacking ideas/tactics.

A groan or two rather than a boo might seem more appropriate when that is the case.

P.S. Say 'Boro and all English footie fans know who you are talking about, except perhaps those living in Peterborough.

Edited by BroadstairsR

You would expect Hull and Coventry to win their home games tonight, or perhaps not. Another draw wouldn't be a complete disaster but at some point we need an away win or two.

An extra day to get Nunez fit, and Barnes has to huff and puff through another slog.

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

P.S. Say 'Boro and all English footie fans know who you are talking about, except perhaps those living in Peterborough.

I did start a campaign to get people to correctly call them 'brough (pronounced "bruh") but it never caught on. 'Boro just winds me up because it's not actually in the full version of the name. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Petriix said:

I did start a campaign to get people to correctly call them 'brough (pronounced "bruh") but it never caught on. 'Boro just winds me up because it's not actually in the full version of the name. 

Well it’s a kind of approximation of how the end bit’s pronounced

Like writing The Ding for Reading (some do actually call it that here!), Pool for Liverpool or (and this is the obvious one) Ridge for our Fine City…

Edited by GenerationA47

Honestly feels like it does not matter if we play a world class team away or a pub leauge side away..

We just don't win away. It's not something we have made a habit of this season.

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Honestly feels like it does not matter if we play a world class team away or a pub leauge side away..

We have won four and drawn five and lost eight, about what to expect with the inconsistencies of DW and the injuries we've had.

It is not the actual disaster you state, but disappointing when you consider expectations.

We are where we should be as a result.

Is the man capable of inspiring a good enough run-in to ensure play-offs, we probably ask ourselves.

39 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Mid table sides like this are exactly who you want from here on in.....but I still cant trust us to win away anywhere

There aren't many mid-table sides left atm - maybe four or so. Virtually everyone else is currently involved in a relegation scrap.

1 hour ago, GenerationA47 said:

Well it’s a kind of approximation of how the end bit’s pronounced

Like writing The Ding for Reading (some do actually call it that here!), Pool for Liverpool or (and this is the obvious one) Nidge for our Fine City…

I am given to understand that Sheringham is sometimes referred to as "Shezza"...........

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

We have won four and drawn five and lost eight, about what to expect with the inconsistencies of DW and the injuries we've had.

It is not the actual disaster you state, but disappointing when you consider expectations.

We are where we should be as a result.

Is the man capable of inspiring a good enough run-in to ensure play-offs, we probably ask ourselves.

The away fans need to stop booing the team, the teams morale and away form is clearly affected by it............

16 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am given to understand that Sheringham is sometimes referred to as "Shezza"...........

And Happisburgh is called "haysbro," I believe.

Search Results

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

The away fans need to stop booing the team, the teams morale and away form is clearly affected by it............

Indeed - perhaps they should just stay at home. It's all that awful 20%ers fault!

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So Bristol City, Cardiff, Hull never happened ?

Middlesbrough are a mere 6 points off the bottom 3 so they need some points quickly. Given our away record I see a problem....

Posted (edited)

I just think this is a tough game. Would be delighted with a point.

Really frustrated to have only taken two from Blackburn and QPR. Had we held on to our lead in either of those games a point would be a great result tonight*.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
or tomorrow even

4 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Really frustrated to have only taken two from Blackburn and QPR. Had we held on to our lead in either of those games a point would be a great result tonight.

Would be lovely to get a point tonight........... and maybe we could pick 3 up when we play Boro tomorrow night  🙂

• Haha 4

Maybe our best bet would be to play tonight, just sneak into the ground and not tell them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Really frustrated to have only taken two from Blackburn and QPR. Had we held on to our lead in either of those games a point would be a great result tonight*.

I find our away performances very frustrating, especially the 2 games you've mentioned. You would think the way we play would be suited to away games, especially when we move the ball very quickly from back to front. I always think we look at our best when playing on the break. 

• Like 1

Huge opportunity for us to go 1 pt ahead of Hull tonight. With them playing Leicester at the weekend and us playing Rotherham that could easily become 4 pts. 

Don't mess it up City!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not the be all and end all that everyone says it is. A win or a draw would be great but it won't be over with a loss. Boro are not in great form so I would expect at least a point. I think in current form we will just have a bit too much for them.

How many times in the last few seasons (even this season) have we just needed to win to move onto the play-off places, and how many times have we failed to do so?

Just saying.

If we make the play-offs and Rowe is up and up and running by then we can be optimistic.

Is this a new experience of late?

Aim for Ip5wich JR?

Anything more than a point is a bonus, still a tough old ****e hole to go to on a Wednesday night, the key here is to score first and keep them locals quiet, they still have a huge grudge we did them at Wembley in 2015……..three points and que sierra sierra

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Addick/Canary said:

How many times in the last few seasons (even this season) have we just needed to win to move onto the play-off places, and how many times have we failed to do so?

Just saying.

Only last season surely? Along with the one Farke was appointed. We been on the have yo-yo since even with AN(?). 

Edited by BroadstairsR