Sorry he is not a CH, didn’t do much wrong last night but just doesn’t look the part or have the strength or height to do the role. Lost count of the number passes back to Angus, somehow always seem to be facing back to goal.

Thought he did ok but it's clear he's not a centreback. Just not solid or strong enough.

Whatever must Batth be thinking.. Fully fit, trained with the players all week yet gets benched for a scrawny leftback

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Funny how people see things differently because I’ve always thought he seems the type of player that could develop into a very good centre half. More so than a midfielder to me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Funny how people see things differently because I’ve always thought he seems the type of player that could develop into a very good centre half. More so than a midfielder to me.

CDM?

Sorensen is a bit on an enigma to me. Not good enough to play CDM (too slow and not mobile enough), but more than capable of 'filling in' elsewhere when asked. Never quite good enough to make one of those places his own but usually does a more than adequate job. Exposed at full back against QPR. 

Last night was a prime example. Played quite well in a changed role and probably did what Wagner asked of him. Partially at fault (along with others) for the first Watford goal, but carried the ball forward well from defence. A perfect player to have on the bench. What Batth and Handley thought of Sorensen being picked ahead of them is anyone's guess. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Satriales said:

CDM?

I was wondering at that / hinting at that elsewhere. It's what Wagner thinks after all.

QPR's Chair ripped him a new one but he seemed ok last night albeit against a rather lacklustre Watford frontline.

He can pick a pass as a CB which we do lack with the others.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Thought he did ok but it's clear he's not a centreback. Just not solid or strong enough.

Whatever must Batth be thinking.. Fully fit, trained with the players all week yet gets benched for a scrawny leftback

Shows how **** poor signing Batth was! If Sorensen gets the nod ahead of him!

54 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

QPR's Chair ripped him a new one but he seemed ok last night albeit against a rather lacklustre Watford frontline.

He can pick a pass as a CB which we do lack with the others.

To be fair Chair was doing much the same to Stacey - a proper right back!

Edited by Yellow Fever

Much happier to see Sorensen there than Baath, 100% the right call from Wagner.

He did go AWOL for the first goal but Gibson also tried to play offside way too late.

I'm surprised Watford didn't target Sorensen more but he certainly helped our build up play.

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Sorry he is not a CH, didn’t do much wrong last night but just doesn’t look the part or have the strength or height to do the role. Lost count of the number passes back to Angus, somehow always seem to be facing back to goal.

And Kenny is ?

Aside from his physicality is he up to the job. Last night he showed he was.

Don’t know why Kenny didn’t go CB. He has done great there. Sorensen could then have played as DM with Sara further forward.

2 hours ago, Satriales said:

CDM?

aha, that fictional character beloved by some, but by football itself

21 minutes ago, jonnyace1 said:

Don’t know why Kenny didn’t go CB. He has done great there. Sorensen could then have played as DM with Sara further forward.

Because Wagner favours a left footer and right footer combination. Gibson is left footer, so Sorensen plays alongside him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Think right back might be his best position 

Not after the QPR experience. Too slow anyway. 

• Like 1

He looked rusty on the ball and not convinced by him at CB

but.. His Legend at least will grow no more until he has an injury

51 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

To be fair Chair was doing much the same to Stacey - a proper right back!

Chairs a fantastic player, find it really odd how QPR have managed to keep hold of him the last couple of seasons.

Sorensen when fit is a really good utility player. His ability to play anywhere across the back line and in centre midfield to a good standard is invaluable. He’s squad polyfilla.

• Like 1

At the game, I thought Sørensen was at fault for Watford's first goal. But after seeing the replay it was obvious Gibson had inexplicably dropped deep and played everyone onside.

So my revised verdict is that Lungi did ok last night.

I'd still be surprised to see his contract renewed, based on his injury record.

14 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Sorensen when fit is a really good utility player. His ability to play anywhere across the back line and in centre midfield to a good standard is invaluable. He’s squad polyfilla.

Indeed which I think makes us more critical of him, when he played left back in his first season for those 14 odd games he was pretty good.

He’s scored some screamers, when he did get a run in midfield he started to settle into a decent midfielder, just every time injuries took him out!

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed which I think makes us more critical of him, when he played left back in his first season for those 14 odd games he was pretty good.

He’s scored some screamers, when he did get a run in midfield he started to settle into a decent midfielder, just every time injuries took him out!

Yea I would suggest if his contract isn’t renewed it’s because of injury issues not because he isn’t seen as valuable when fit.

47 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Chairs a fantastic player, find it really odd how QPR have managed to keep hold of him the last couple of seasons.

I also remember Peter Couch playing for QPR.....

34 minutes ago, Indy said:

We have another years option which I think we will exercise. Otherwise he would have been 'frozen out' and informed he was not staying. Most likely a loan move in Jan with a view to signing elsewhere.

Question now is Gino and Sam ? What is the reason for no contract signing. Not been offered ? Not wanted ?

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Batth wasn’t fully fit, Sorensen isn’t a scrawny left back 

next 

Edited by Yobocop

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I also remember Peter Couch playing for QPR.....

Yes, he knew how to cushion a pass