S_81

Wagner has gone nuclear

Supporters don’t boo. 
Those that do need to stay at home. 

Doesn’t seem to understand it’s his decisions being booed (rightly or wrongly). Not the team. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

So he wants the whole of the Barclay and Snakepit to stay away? He'd do well to remember that's where all the vocal support comes from too, or does he want a whole ground in silence?

• Like 3

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well in his defence he's not exactly going to say he's happy about being booed when he won the game

Probably could have phrased it better. One thing the hierarchy of the club certainly need to accept is that the booing is rarely aimed at the players. I’m not saying it’s helpful to them - but it’s aimed at the manager. They need to stop making it about the team. It’s cheap and Delia did the same at the AGM 

• Like 1

Must have been the 20 per centres he ought to be careful calling out the fans

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Wow..  that interview is not going to do him any favors... 

Don’t see why not, he’s entitled to say what he thinks if they feel it’s ok to boo.

he’s right it doesn’t help the players or the team.

I think fair play to him for sticking up for himself and his players 

• Like 15

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

So he wants the whole of the Barclay and Snakepit to stay away? He'd do well to remember that's where all the vocal support comes from too, or does he want a whole ground in silence?

He said it was a very small number but from what I can hear it was a large section of the lower barclay and Snake pit - maybe the club could try closing those sections of the ground for a couple of home games to see if it improves the atmosphere which in all honesty was awful already when we were 2-0 up - it was like a library. - there seems to be far deeper problems in the core of the fanbase at Carrow Road - Dean Ashton was saying the same thing - there is a systemic problem in the fanbase

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Supporters don’t boo. 

Doesn’t seem to understand it’s his decisions being booed (rightly or wrongly). Not the team. 

And the fans need to understand it's not their decision, so shut the f*k up and get behind the team (or go home).

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Wow..  that interview is not going to do him any favors... 

Contract for life 

I'm delighted he's actually come and called it out. Dean Ashton did a bit too. Knapper should have done but I imagine too weak.

If we playoffs it won't be in spite of Wagner, it will be in spite of our fans.

• Like 15

It's all about trust. He didn't have mine before the game, he earnt zero during the game, he hasn't recovered any after the game.

Who trusts Wagner?

• Like 6

Wagner's very well and truly stuck in the middle of all this, boardroom movement,new sporting director who says very little, somehow we are in the top 6 so can understand some of his frustrations 

• Like 2

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

And the fans need to understand it's not their decision, so shut the f*k up and get behind the team.

You’re as bad as Wagner. Can’t you comprehend that booing the manager’s decision is different to booing the team? I’m not saying booing is right. Or wrong. But it’s clearly not failing to support the team 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Supporters don’t boo. 

You do realise that his decisions and the team are inextricably linked, don’t you?

It was a strange game, there’s no denying that - not turning up after half time but then thankfully switching back on at 2-2.  I guess if the manager is to blame for the former, maybe he should get credit for the latter?

It is of course up to supporters how they want to support, but he’s not wrong that booing can’t do much other than unsettle the players.  All managers say the same.  Take today - Onel was injured, Sargent is being managed…we know the latter as we have been told - so why boo?  Interestingly, the formation we went with did gain our crucial third goal. 

• Like 3

Booing when the team are 2-1 up is just moronic. I'll admit that I found the substitutions strange at the time he made them, but why the hell would you boo? That's not supporting the team is it? It's just undermining them. 

• Like 5

The booing was pathetic & cringe-worthy. I think Wagner was spot on with what he said - probably the first time I've agreed with something he's done all season! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Don’t see why not, he’s entitled to say what he thinks if they feel it’s ok to boo.

he’s right it doesn’t help the players or the team.

I think fair play to him for sticking up for himself and his players 

Because most of the fanbase doesn't trust having him in charge as it is, and everything he does or doesn't do is already under a very large microscope and things turn on him very quick, and him fueling those flames by going after the supporters, however right or wrong he may be, isn't going to give him credit in the bank is it..  if anything it'll just ramp up the negativity towards himself. 

Once a manager turns against the crowd it rarely ends well. And vice versa. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 2

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

You do realise that his decisions and the team are inextricably linked, don’t you?

It was a strange game, there’s no denying that - not turning up after half time but then thankfully switching back on at 2-2.  I guess if the manager is to blame for the former, maybe he should get credit for the latter?

It is of course up to supporters how they want to support, but he’s not wrong that booing can’t do much other than unsettle the players.  All managers say the same.  Take today - Onel was injured, Sargent is being managed…we know the latter as we have been told - so why boo?  Interestingly, the formation we went with did gain our crucial third goal. 

I don’t agree with you. It’s very clear what’s being booed. It could impact the player coming on (instead of the one not), sure. But I think you’re overplaying the impact on the team. 
Personally I wouldn’t boo that decision tonight. But I can understand the frustration with some of his decisions. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You’re as bad as Wagner. Can’t you comprehend that booing the manager’s decision is different to booing the team? I’m not saying booing is right. Or wrong. But it’s clearly not failing to support the team 

It wasn't just booing the decision though. It was also jeering every backpass. The opinions of these idiots was all that mattered to them and souring the atmosphere because something happened they didn't agree with. People like you have a real problem.

And anyway, who the f*k are they to 'boo the decision'? It's not up to them. If they think Wagner must make the decisions they think he should, maybe they should do some coaching badges and get a job as a manager so people can judge them.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 3

Wagner knows he's not turning around fan opinion so he's just saying what he thinks. He knows he's not going to be Knapper's man so he's not even trying to build bridges.

This will get thrown straight back in his face the moment we're behind in a game. You know, causing a snowballing bad atmosphere in the ground.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

So he wants the whole of the Barclay and Snakepit to stay away? He'd do well to remember that's where all the vocal support comes from too, or does he want a whole gthe round in silence?

Well I sit in the barclay and never boo but at least I can get to the loo quicker at half time.

• Haha 1

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

It wasn't just booing the decision though. It was also jeering every backpass. The opinions of these idiots was all that mattered to them and souring the atmosphere because something happened they didn't agree with. People like you have a real problem.

I wouldn’t boo it. I didn’t boo it. But I can see that it’s not the same thing booing his decision and the team. 

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Wagner knows he's not turning around fan opinion so he's just saying what he thinks. He knows he's not going to be Knapper's man so he's not even trying to build bridges.

This will get thrown straight back in his face the moment we're behind in a game. You know, causing a snowballing bad atmosphere in the ground.

This 

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Or alternatively he knows those in charge have his back, Right into next season 

• Like 1