S_81

Wagner has gone nuclear

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Why have we loaned Idah out to be replaced with someone who needs more time? Makes no sense.

It does if he has greater potential. Much as I wanted Adam to succeed his inconsistency was incredibly frustrating.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The disconnect is with a minority of malcontents who won't allow any positivity at all, no matter what happens. They are the problem with this club.

Maybe trying being positive rather than negative to them x

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

Maybe trying being positive rather than negative to them x

Did that for years. Just got ridicule and mockery as a 'happy clapper'; a perfect example of how the miserable b*stards want to dominate things.

He's right of course. The level of whinging amongst the "support" at this club is a total embarrassment. It doesn't matter if we win or lose, whether we play well or not, a significant section of the fanbase will never be happy. 

Even at away games, sections of the fans around me have booed our own players. I can't fathom why someone would travel halfway across the country just to boo their own team. Do you geniuses think that's going to help their performances? Just stay the f**k at home, morons.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

It does if he has greater potential. Much as I wanted Adam to succeed his inconsistency was incredibly frustrating.

Not sure where SVH is any better.

Fassnacht looks to me the better attacking option.

Edited by Capt. Pants

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Did that for years. Just got ridicule and mockery as a 'happy clapper'; a perfect example of how the miserable b*stards want to dominate 

Why sink to their level?

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The disconnect is with a minority of malcontents who won't allow any positivity at all, no matter what happens. They are the problem with this club.

Did you hear the boos? It’s a bloody big minority and a good portion of those are the ones who make any of the remaining noise.

They may be the problem, but there is no efforts to remedy it, in fact quite the opposite. This isn’t getting better, I genuinely think we can get into the playoffs, we can win them and it doesn’t matter now. As soon as they decide they aren’t happy they will turn again because they’ve been given no reason not to.

@shefcanarypost is pretty spot on IMO. Whether you disagree with how they are acting is irrelevant, it can’t be ignored, it’s way past that now IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Because I have a phone. While at the match. It’s not rocket science. None the less I didn’t boo. 

So you post continual criticism regarding Wagner all throughout the week, then you go to the match and sit on your phone posting to a forum mid-match, and when the chance comes up to voice your concerns you then decide not to?

I don't know if you have a forum addiction, or just talking absolute ****e to be honest.  But i'll take a good guess. :classic_wink:

• Haha 1

Weirdly I think Wagners comments may help the atmosphere against Cardiff but unfortunately won't him long term. Hopefully his quotes will be forgotten soon and we can plow on to the play offs.... still can't help but think it was all planned and for the benefit of others... bored now

26 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Because I have a phone. While at the match. It’s not rocket science. None the less I didn’t boo. 

Why were you on your phone while the game was being played? Who does that? 

8 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

He's right of course. The level of whinging amongst the "support" at this club is a total embarrassment. It doesn't matter if we win or lose, whether we play well or not, a significant section of the fanbase will never be happy. 

Even at away games, sections of the fans around me have booed our own players. I can't fathom why someone would travel halfway across the country just to boo their own team. Do you geniuses think that's going to help their performances? Just stay the f**k at home, morons.

Another one content to abuse rather than question ... why are so many of our fans unhappy? And please don't use lazy crass terms such as "entitlement"...

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Weirdly I think Wagners comments may help the atmosphere against Cardiff but unfortunately won't him long term. Hopefully his quotes will be forgotten soon and we can plow on to the play offs.... still can't help but think it was all planned and for the benefit of others... bored now

Would be surprised if it was planned and it wasn't just an emotional response from a man who knows he's not going to be here in a few months.

And to think some people were taking the p*** at binner supporters for getting behind their team.

14 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Why were you on your phone while the game was being played? Who does that? 

Me. Thanks for telling me how to live my life though 

17 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

So you post continual criticism regarding Wagner all throughout the week, then you go to the match and sit on your phone posting to a forum mid-match, and when the chance comes up to voice your concerns you then decide not to?

I don't know if you have a forum addiction, or just talking absolute ****e to be honest.  But i'll take a good guess. :classic_wink:

I’ve not been critical of Wagner of late. Bar the subs on Saturday. Which were too negative and invited pressure on. He’s overseen an upturn in results. Even if the performances are sporadic. And at times lucky. But none the less more consistent than earlier in the year. He’s earned the right to see out the season now. I enjoy contrasting what I’m seeing with discussion on my friends group on WhatsApp who are watching on screen - and also seeing what this forum is thinking. Especially at poor periods of the game. The start of the second half certainly fell into that category. 

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I enjoy contrasting what I’m seeing with discussion on my friends group on WhatsApp who are watching on screen

What part of the ground is your season ticket in then, you must look a right muppet sat on your phone posting out posts on forums mid-match?  I can understand half time, but mid-match?!

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

What part of the ground is your season ticket in then, you must look a right muppet sat on your phone posting out posts on forums mid-match?  I can understand half time, but mid-match?!

I don’t have a season ticket currently. I went tonight though. Your rudeness is needless. Grow up 

51 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Looked OK to me. Did Wagner say this??

Yes he did, in his post match interview. With all due respect, how a player looks to someone not directly involved is pretty irrelevant.

53 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Unless Wagner lied, Hernandez also asked to come off ?

Why would Hernandez ask to come off? If its fitness,thats a joke. He'd possibly had his best 45 mins for 2 years. Perhaps he thought that and decided to call it quits!!

21 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Another one content to abuse rather than question ... why are so many of our fans unhappy? And please don't use lazy crass terms such as "entitlement"...

Because said fans haven't realised that it's no longer 2019 and the club isn't awash with money? 

I guess confirmation bias has something to do with it too. A lot of people struggle to adjust their viewpoints in the light of new evidence. 

2 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Considering that the boos were probably the loudest noise made by the crowd all night, there will not be much of a crowd on Saturday if all those booing stay at home. 

Wagner may talk about trust, but trust has to be earned. He is not in that position currently. 

Given our injury record this season, where would you see us being placed? 

I think the very fact we are well in playoff contention shows the job he’s done there

2 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Why would Hernandez ask to come off? If its fitness,thats a joke. He'd possibly had his best 45 mins for 2 years. Perhaps he thought that and decided to call it quits!!

He was injured, keep up, unless you think Wagner lied.

9 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Josh and Onel said at half-time they were struggling but wanted to give it a try. They gave us the sign they couldn’t continue and this is why they came off.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Looked OK to me. Did Wagner say this??

Josh and Onel said at half-time they were struggling but wanted to give it a try. They gave us the sign they couldn’t continue and this is why they came off.

1 hour ago, Nik Vawn said:

Yep I did, in Tenerife as it happens but glad to say Canary TV works a treat out here. Did the heavy rain in Norfolk affect the attendance I wonder? 

The heavy rain won't effect anything if you are playing good football and the feel good factor is there. 

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

I didn’t boo. I wouldn’t boo in that situation. But I’m clear who the boos are aimed at. And I think the impact on the team is overplayed. Deliberately by those in charge  

I’ll buy you a shovel 

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

Classic case of a team being unbelievably successful with a charismatic manager & no money.

The disappointment has been palpable since our last failure in the PL. 

It won't change until people learn to manage their expectations. Which isn't going to happen.

Sorry to go back to it , the club raised the bar when they gave in to a small section of fans who wanted the most successful championship manager there has probably been gone. The day they sacked him was the day they thought we were a prem club. 

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

Me. Thanks for telling me how to live my life though 

You can live as you please, but it’s a rather sad existence going to a game and missing half of it because you’re too busy moaning at strangers on a screen

32 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Sorry to go back to it , the club raised the bar when they gave in to a small section of fans who wanted the most successful championship manager there has probably been gone. The day they sacked him was the day they thought we were a prem club. 

They didn’t think we were a Prem club, but it was worth a roll of the dice in an attempt to stay up. Farke was hopeless in the top flight with Norwich so I’ve no problem with his sacking, we just didn’t get the replacement right.

Without Buendia there’s no guarantee Farke would have done any better than Smith or Wagner in the last two years anyway. Our record without him was abysmal even when we walked the league 

Fans are customers & customers are always right in business. More transparency required by Wagner if he wants to avoid being booed for substitutions. It's natural for fans to not want Sargent to go off and some will react when they see him subbed. Wagner should explain the situation. Why doesn't Wagner announce on the loud speaker before the substitution a message along these lines: 

"Attention Ladies & Gentlemen, unfortunately Josh Sargent cannot continue due to his fitness, regretfully we have to make a substitution for him. Apologies for the inconvenience"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2