Should never play in the same team again.

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

31 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

Amazes me how people still believe Hanley is a good defender. ..and don't start about the yellow card for keeping hold of ball!!

We play these two so is it a coincidence we concede two goals against a really poor team

QPR are not a really poor team, not now. They came into todays game of the back of two wins and a draw. They more than matched us for large parts of the game today.  Yes we should have been able to old on to the lead, but as things stand a play off place is still doable.

• Like 2

Hanley didn't look up to scratch to me today, it's not his fault as he's been out a long time with a bad injury and hasn't had much game time, infact he was supposed to be out till March so he's done well but he was poor today. 

Gibson can play the ball out but he wasn't as his best either so with QPR pressing us well on a small pitch we looked pretty hopeless playing out today. 

Wagner is not going to change how he plays and if we get a new coach in the summer you can guarantee he'll want to pass out from the back too so this area has got to be looked at in the summer. Most people who complain about playing out from the back are more concerned with our ability to do it as opposed to the idea of it, we need better ball playing CB's in the summer. Gibson and Batth will likely be let go and I think one of Hanley or Duffy should go too depending on Hanley's recovery and we need 3 cb's in who are comfortable with the ball at their feet or we're just going to keep causing ourselves issues. 

• Like 2

But the point is, we are not playing OUT from the back quick enough

3 or 4 minutes at a time of sideways/backwards is unecessary and tedious

We must have wasted 20 minutes of game time doing it and most of the time it got us nowhere

• Like 1

Why are we looking at the central defenders? I think stopping the crosses were horrendous,  and for the second time this season we concede from giving the opposition a free throw in to a totally unmarked player. Dimi being part of that both times . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

But the point is, we are not playing OUT from the back quick enough

3 or 4 minutes at a time of sideways/backwards is unecessary and tedious

We must have wasted 20 minutes of game time doing it and most of the time it got us nowhere

It does allow the opposition enough time to close us down and ensure that the rest of our players are marked tightly. The latter being something we seem to have an aversion to. When the opposition move the ball out of defence they always have a couple of unmarked options.

59 minutes ago, RobJames said:

QPR are not a really poor team, not now. They came into todays game of the back of two wins and a draw. ~

Against:
Blackburn (W) [ 18th]
Huddersfield (D) [21st]
Millwall (W) [18th]

Hanley my mom today.

As for Gibson, ............. Eeek!!

Imagine Hanley, Duffy, Gibson, Stacey, Batth, Sorensen in The Premiership

It would be embarrassing  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, daly said:

It would be embarrassing

Damn that ruling that stops us signing anyone if we get promoted, so well done you for reminding us all of that fact.

Though some might recall you being one of the whiners talking of us possibly getting relegated

"Oh look the weather co ck is now facing the other way - or should I refer to the weather vane in case some mistake what I am talking about"

Edited by RobJames

4 minutes ago, daly said:

It would be embarrassing  

Indeed, add to that, Hernandez, Barnes, Fassnacht and Giannoulis, that’s a lot of players we need to replace! That’s why I still say Wagner is doing far better than people give him credit for!

24 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Damn that ruling that stops us signing anyone if we get promoted, so well done you for reminding us all of that fact.

Though some might recall you being one of the whiners talking of us possibly getting relegated

"Oh look the weather co ck is now facing the other way - or should I refer to the weather vane in case some mistake what I am talking about"

Didn’t think we had any MONEY

35 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Against:
Blackburn (W) [ 18th]
Huddersfield (D) [21st]
Millwall (W) [18th]

Does that mean they don’t count?!  It is definitely the case that QPR are a much harder prospect than they were earlier in the season.

Oddly enough, I felt we did far less faffing in the first half today, more in the second (which we ‘won’). We definitely overdo it at times - you can only assume data backs up playing that way - but I think mixing it up more would be better for our collective heart rates.

1 hour ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Hanley didn't look up to scratch to me today, it's not his fault as he's been out a long time with a bad injury and hasn't had much game time, infact he was supposed to be out till March so he's done well but he was poor today. 

Gibson can play the ball out but he wasn't as his best either so with QPR pressing us well on a small pitch we looked pretty hopeless playing out today. 

I'm normally a Gibson defender (ha, pun) - but him and gini were dreadful on the left-side of defence. Hanley was considerably better.

3 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

Sideways, backwards

As it happens I thought that Jake Clarke-Salter was QPRs best player today.

Only 26, and found himself in the Championship relegation zone for one of the leagues smallest clubs, somehow, despite being really highly rated when a kid at Chelsea, 12 England U21 caps and 3 time FA Youth Cup winner.

With about 8 years of football ahead of him (probably) I seriously think we should go in for him when we release Gibson and Baath if he's affordable in terms of transfer fee. 

Formed a brilliant defensive partnership in Farke’s second promotion campaign but both past it now. Although Gibson’s out of contract this summer I think there may a possibility that he might still be offered a new one if we fail to get promoted, if an offer comes in for Hanley this summer I would take it whilst we can still get some money for him

• Like 1

Individually Hanley and Gibson are fine but as I said on another thread I get nervous when they play together. We always look like conceding when happens.

2 hours ago, RobJames said:

QPR are not a really poor team, not now. They came into todays game of the back of two wins and a draw. They more than matched us for large parts of the game today.  Yes we should have been able to old on to the lead, but as things stand a play off place is still doable.

"They're not poor they're only 22nd in the table and bottom of the form table"

I posted on the match thread that Brad Hills on loan at Accrington has been given the captaincy and has featured strongly in central defence all season. It's a proper footballing experience for him in League 2. To be 19 and on loan and given the captaincy is quite a big deal. It shows they have a massive faith in him and just has to be good for us if he's considered capable.

Tomlinson has also nailed down a right back slot (often but not all the time) at Bradford City.

There are some reasons for us to be cautiously hopeful we have at least some stand in's for next season if we don't go up and we refresh our defence. I suppose we just have to wait to see what the club decides. There is Warner too and I'm expecting at least one to make the grade.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Does that mean they don’t count?!  ~

No, it means that it's not as significant as if they'd beaten Leicester & Southampton and drawn against Leeds.
Thought that would be obvious.

3 minutes ago, K Lo said:

No, it means that it's not as significant as if they'd beaten Leicester & Southampton and drawn against Leeds.
Thought that would be obvious.

Really. You astound me.  Of course you entirely miss the point/context by quoting that snippet - but well done you!

Edited by Branston Pickle

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Really. You astound me.  Of course you entirely miss the point/context by quoting that snippet - but well done you!

How did I miss the point ? Your additional comment didn't modify what I addressed.

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'm normally a Gibson defender (ha, pun) - but him and gini were dreadful on the left-side of defence. Hanley was considerably better.

What game were you watching . Hanley had a real mare assisted by Dimi . Gibbo would get blamed even if he hadn't played .

14 hours ago, RobJames said:

I must have missed all those summer signings in  2019 then!! 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, hogesar said:

I would have to disagree about Hanley there, he has mitigation in that he has been out injured for so long but he was beaten to the ball easily for QPR's second - and there had been a warning as there was a very similar situation a bit before that where the forward got a header in that just went wide. Also picked up a very silly yellow which could have put him in a difficult situation if he had been forced into a "tactical" foul to stop a break. 

One of his more forgettable games, for me.