Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

27 points from the last 15 games…

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Of course the club and the players stayed with the manager. But if you think only 5% wanted Wagner out when we hadn't won in 12 games then I can only assume you didn't / do not attend Carrow Road 

I did, and pubs before and after games - the clue is in the four words after 95% in my comment

As Conner I think hinted at in his review, I hope I’m not misinterpreting- it’s time to get behind em isn’t it? Obviously the MFW mewlers and those  campaigners against clapping at football,  will carry on as usual. 
Long live the transition. 

So it's now 34 from the last 18 games.

Is it sustainable yet?

Or did we get all 34 points yesterday :classic_ninja:

I think us getting amongst the play offs this season under David Wagner was forecast in one of the AGM interviews. But I haven't seen it quoted anywhere since...

It’s now 44 points from the last 23 games since Bonfire Night. That’s half a season so I reckon we can call it a sustained run of form now.

🎶 C’est la vie say the old folks…

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It’s now 44 points from the last 23 games since Bonfire Night. That’s half a season so I reckon we can call it a sustained run of form now.

The run of form coincided with Buhoo wanting Wagner out !

44 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So 88 points over a whole season which would probably put us in 3rd or 4th place in the final table. Does that count as success? 

27 minutes ago, Petriix said:

So 88 points over a whole season which would probably put us in 3rd or 4th place in the final table. Does that count as success? 

Well, even two points per game would only get 4th place at the moment. However 2 points per game is usually a measure of success. I guess what couldn't be argued is that it's a measure of consistency. Which brings me back to the old folks...

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I think anything counts as success if you finish it up with promotion.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

I think so. If you’re not happy with that return in a season then supporting a club of our stature probably isn’t for you as it won’t happen too often 

• Like 1

But we can't get 88 points, we only have 8 games left which is a max of 24 points, added to our 61 means we could total 85 points

1 hour ago, kinggoblin said:

But we can't get 88 points, we only have 8 games left which is a max of 24 points, added to our 61 means we could total 85 points

They were referring to what the points tally would be if the current form over the last half a season was maintained over an entire campaign 

3 hours ago, kinggoblin said:

One from the top please, Carol, and five from anywhere else…😉

• Haha 4

On 05/02/2024 at 07:12, Robert N. LiM said:

But is it sustainable?

Seriously, that's an amazing tally, and includes a fair few games against the top sides and Ipswich. 

Love this 🤣

13 hours ago, Petriix said:

Yep.

Even if we finish on 71 pts, somehow get 6th and draw all the play-off games but winning on penalties would also be a success, probably more so than finishing 4th on 88pts but losing in the play-offs!

It's all about winning. Teams that finish top 6 but don't make promotion are instantly forgotten and often struggle to improve or replicate it the following season.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So it's 47 points from the last 24 games now. 21 weeks of sustained form? 

Fair play, you called it months ago. 

Posted (edited)

Sky put up a stat during the game this evening - it showed that since new year we have 30pts, level second with the Binners and just behind Leeds (edit: I say ‘just’ meaning ‘only’ - I think it it is by 8pts which is a fair few!)

Edited by Branston Pickle

On 04/02/2024 at 17:38, nutty nigel said:

It certainly coincides with the fall out from the Blackburn game when it seemed Wagner was at the end of his road.

Wagner says he and the players worked this out. But it also coincides with Knapper starting so who knows? Perhaps a combination? Or take your pick because it’s not important. It’s the results that are important.

If Wagner had been sacked after Blackburn and these 15 games had been under a new manager I think many would have found it easier to get onboard.

Or take your pick because it’s not important. It’s the results that are important.

Yes, that's what counts. MANY factors for this happening. David Wagner is a top man. He appears to have come through the worst. Knapper has maybe helped with that, who knows. It really does not  matter. The results are there for all to see. Players have good games, bad games, it's life. One thing I would say . There seems to be a breath of fresh air around the place since the ex SD has gone. It feels so much better. (My opinion)

• Like 2

I'm still not completely onboard with Wagner, though of course can only support the improvement he has made since he plumbed the depths.

Since the Blackburn game when he most definitely should have gone, we had the Watford debacle, two 1-0 defeats at West Brom and Millwall, (points simply thrown away by inept decisions) and the dreadful Southampton performance.

Recent performances and results are helping, but he still makes some bizarre changes even if he finally seems to have realised that putting players in their best position gets them playing better; and he's definitely not certain to be in charge next season regardless of what league we are in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I'm still not completely onboard with Wagner, though of course can only support the improvement he has made since he plumbed the depths.

Since the Blackburn game when he most definitely should have gone, we had the Watford debacle, two 1-0 defeats at West Brom and Millwall, (points simply thrown away by inept decisions) and the dreadful Southampton performance.

Recent performances and results are helping, but he still makes some bizarre changes even if he finally seems to have realised that putting players in their best position gets them playing better; and he's definitely not certain to be in charge next season regardless of what league we are in.

and he's definitely not certain to be in charge next season regardless of what league we are in.

Maybe not , maybe yes, who knows . Enjoy the ride. The air is more clear now. The dark clouds are for now lifted. The b--ĺśhît that surrounded the club , surely has gone. Good Times,  me thinks. One can only hope. Nothing is 100% certain, but it certainly feels much better.😉

To be fair, that Watford debacle was largely due to an undercooked Long in goal. If Gunn had been in goal for that one we'd have got a point at least.

1 hour ago, Mengo said:

Or take your pick because it’s not important. It’s the results that are important.

Yes, that's what counts. MANY factors for this happening. David Wagner is a top man. He appears to have come through the worst. Knapper has maybe helped with that, who knows. It really does not  matter. The results are there for all to see. Players have good games, bad games, it's life. One thing I would say . There seems to be a breath of fresh air around the place since the ex SD has gone. It feels so much better. (My opinion)

Exactly and the results speak for themselves.

2 hours ago, Mengo said:

That has only happened because the 'begging' failed!!

The players, manager and coaches built up a siege mentality after Blackburn and it undeniably has brought a massive improvement in results and performances. We are a super fit side and that’s due to the fitness management. Set piece coach Hooze deserves credit for yesterday. Far more than an SD either past or present.

If Wagner is replaced in the summer it will be a huge call. There won’t be any patience if the new guy doesn’t hit the ground running. There’s been no patience since Covid…

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Set piece coach Hooze deserves credit for yesterday

Think I heard Goreham say yesterday that we are the second-highest scorers in the league from set-pieces, which is v impressive if so.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

The players, manager and coaches built up a siege mentality after Blackburn and it undeniably has brought a massive improvement in results and performances. We are a super fit side and that’s due to the fitness management. Set piece coach Hooze deserves credit for yesterday. Far more than an SD either past or present.

If Wagner is replaced in the summer it will be a huge call. There won’t be any patience if the new guy doesn’t hit the ground running. There’s been no patience since Covid…

Head Coach, sorry I like manager terminology. That's what the guy is FFS. This S.D . Malarky,  just like many other self important positions in many industries,  is mostly  a load of waffle. Absolutely waffle. Recruitment  helper for the manager. Save yourself a few bob. Good secretary  for the manager . Jobs a good one. Let's get real here. There are guys in football who have not got a clue, let's be honest. One has just gone 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍. Some people ,get lucky, some land lucky,  some have good connections and some are obvious con men. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Well clearly "most definitely" is wholly the wrong choice of phrase, as has been vindicated by the phenomenal improvement since Webber departed, which has been at least as good as you would expect with an excellent managerial replacement.

I do get it though - it is a common theme: (Farke's first season anyone?) people became very anti-Wagner, felt he was responsible for our poor performances, and should have gone, and now getting fully behind him would be the equivalent of admitting this was the wrong call. This isn't something many people seem to be able to do.

Interesting you use the term "recent results", as I would like to know how you define this? According to NN we are averaging the magic 2 PPG for the last half a season. If you think about it, that is actually wholly remarkable considering the tragic run of injuries we have sustained to key players. 

Edited by Ian
Typo
  • Like 1