4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

There's always the concern with PP that he'll go off and do wonders somewhere else though.  That opening spell with Brum before he got injured, he looked like a different player.

Not gonna lie, it does have that sort of vibe.

I've brought up form, confidence and a run of games a few times over the last few days when discussing Idah and van Hooijdonk, and Placheta falls into a similar category. 

I still think he's very limited technically and not good enough to be here, but if you put some confidence and self-belief into a winger with his pace, then you might have yourself a half-decent impact player.

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The one that got ruled out days ago? 

really, and folk on here were so certain....ah well

All done, and Rowe is still here! I'm glad Dimi is as well.

Hopefully Idah will come back a different animal and we have the makings of a solid strikeforce for next season; even better if Sarge stays.

Shame we still haven't gone for a DM but at least were trying it seems.

1 minute ago, percy varco said:

Will Idah come back with a Scottish Prem Winners medal?

Not if Todd has something to say about that.

30 minutes ago, Bigbrenn said:

Hooijdonk been here all day going by the pictures on the official site!

Medical was last night 

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Always nice to have a new face.

Surely you mean a new name to criticise as not good enough, a waste of money etc…

1 minute ago, Bobzilla said:

Surely you mean a new name to criticise as not good enough, a waste of money etc…

I think that's Barnes, signing SVH will just add to the Barnes bashing when he gets selected ahead of the new bloke.

10 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I think that's Barnes, signing SVH will just add to the Barnes bashing when he gets selected ahead of the new bloke.

I don’t get the hatred for Barnes. The work he puts in by putting himself about, hassling defenders and generally being a b@st@rd to play against is vastly underrated and valuable to the side as a whole 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fen Canary said:

I don’t get the hatred for Barnes. The work he puts in by putting himself about, hassling defenders and generally being a b@st@rd to play against is vastly underrated and valuable to the side as a whole 

Exactly, and it's something we've lacked in recent seasons.

can someone tell me how Ipswich can afford all these deals, I thought they were already over the wages to turnover ratio before signing Kieffer Moore etc

1 hour ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

can someone tell me how Ipswich can afford all these deals, I thought they were already over the wages to turnover ratio before signing Kieffer Moore etc

I suspect their backers are beginning to be subject to the chill wind of the massive investment to even maintain a promotion push from the second tier.

They have employed some expensive loans, eg. Williams, and now the burden of Moore's extensive wage level.

Unlike City, their academy is average at best and their training facilities neglected for years are reliant upon platforms outside their own.

No wonder, a recent post on TWTD was envious of our ability to always produce a gem (ie. Rowe) to keep us solvent without need for the backing of charlatans and far way pension funds of dubious reliability. Some actually refer to "luck," whilst the more mature of them realise it is because we have a Cat. 1 Academy and in Colney training facilities amongst the very best.

Their next accounts will reveal a big loss and they are surely sailing close to the wind with regard to FFP.

Edited by BroadstairsR

17 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

All done, and Rowe is still here! I'm glad Dimi is as well.

Hopefully Idah will come back a different animal and we have the makings of a solid strikeforce for next season; even better if Sarge stays.

Shame we still haven't gone for a DM but at least were trying it seems.

Sorensen?

4 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Exactly, and it's something we've lacked in recent seasons.

But Barnes isn't going to be with us years is he? He is a temporary fix. Hopefully Sid will be our regular no. 10

19 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Not if Todd has something to say about that.

So yes then? 😃

On 01/02/2024 at 21:58, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Absolutely no chance!

Sarge 1

Moore 2

About the only positive I can find in today 😊

On 01/02/2024 at 15:42, If wed kept Howie.. said:

are we looking a bit short on numbers? if Placheta goes, along with Springett, Forshaw and Warner?

so i think that's a big yes now..

15 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

so i think that's a big yes now..

It's a fine balancing act. 

We had six players for two positions in the first half of the season, with Springett and Placheta barely getting a look in there. 

We now have four players for those two positions, and two of them have picked up long-term injuries.

Sometimes it's just bad luck. You can either go with a bloated squad which will leave players unhappy with a lack of minutes and a high wage bill but cover yourself for injuries, or you can risk it with a smaller squad and hope you don't get unlucky with injuries. 

I wouldn't say either option is wrong, but both have their pitfalls and ultimately rely on luck to some extent. 

• Like 1

On 03/02/2024 at 20:39, JUBWICKS75 said:

Sarge 1

Moore 2

About the only positive I can find in today 😊

Sarge 11

Moore 6

£25 total accrued difference so far... 

6 hours ago, Bristol Canary said:

Sarge 11

Moore 6

£25 total accrued difference so far... 

As usual they won’t be paying that, if they can’t pay the Red Cross the Pups have no chance.

If the binners get promoted you can ask him yourself as he will be posting all summer, if they don’t we won’t see him for another 14 years.