Sign in to follow this  
mannings bandy legs

Webber to Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

But that's the whole point isn't it? We think lots of things about people in life, but don't say them out loud.

And it was a totally vile and  abusive chant, which made me embarassed to be a Norwich City fan every time I heard it. 

I sang plenty of songs about Robert Chase back in the day, but nothing even remotely as brain dead as this. 

True, and some people tell you to "ignore the noise" before doing the absolute opposite by making and abusive comments of their own, equally brain dead in my book...............

1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

Exactly. I know her position but for a club always professing to be financially strapped £500K a year seems excessive. 

Sadly it seems it’s about par for the course. Its no where near what we pay players though. For some reason people think 40k a week is reasonable for a player when it’s 2 million a year in wages. I am pretty sure clubs only discuss players salaries in weekly terms to make them seem more digestible for fans. 

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Not one to play the violin but it can't be easy with both parents in high profile jobs 250 miles apart.  

There's no need to get the violin out, because Stuart Webber is currently sitting around at home in in PJ's watching footy on the TV while being paid his salary from us, and the rumour is about as likely to be true as one about Vladimir Putin attending a gay pride event.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

For some reason people think 40k a week is reasonable for a player when it’s 2 million a year in wages.

£1.1m after tax.

I've got more issue with how this government chooses to spend the other £900,000

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Sadly it seems it’s about par for the course. Its no where near what we pay players though. For some reason people think 40k a week is reasonable for a player when it’s 2 million a year in wages. I am pretty sure clubs only discuss players salaries in weekly terms to make them seem more digestible for fans. 

At least a player may possibly both provide value whilst employed by us and have a sell on value to help recoup salary.

Sadly, neither are the case with Mrs Webber.

Wonder if he'll poach Rowe and Sara?

Great move for him. I'm regretting we didn't appoint a hit the ground running SD, but heyho.

7 minutes ago, Davidlingfield said:

At least a player may possibly both provide value whilst employed by us and have a sell on value to help recoup salary.

Sadly, neither are the case with Mrs Webber.

File in the same box as Post Office and Water Company executives.

We need a French style solution "pour encourager les autres'.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

We need a French style solution "pour encourager les autres'.

For anyone who doesn't speak France, this translates to "The poor encourage the ultras". 

Time to revolt, peasants!! 

Edited by Google Bot

24 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

For anyone who doesn't speak France, this translates to "The poor encourage the ultras". 

Not sure about your French but the right idea. Does the spirit of Boudicca and Kett live on?

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Watling got worse. But it was the same mentality. I don’t get it, but I guess someone will have some weird justification.

Webber had a chip on his shoulder when rightly questioned about the failure of some of his signings. He was an arrogant man who was happy to roll out the PR in the good times, but shut down shop when given light criticism. Banning local media etc. Yet happy to do his own set pieces - including in-house controlled jobs and that nonsense 90% interview with the Times. His defensive attitude permeated to his relationship with our fan base. I’m not saying the language used toward him was deserved - but the scrutiny certainly was. And he couldn’t take it. His ego just couldn’t deal with it. Yet he could happily give it out. I very much doubt he’d handle the scrutiny at Liverpool if he can’t here.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Liverpool LOL! Maybe as tea boy...or groundsman

Doubt they would want a 1/26th scale model of Everest in the Kop End goalmouth, so maybe just as tea boy then.

Webber's ego in the early days, made him think he was doing us a great favour being here.

Always said he would like to work abroad.

Well personally in think that ship has well and truly sailed.

As far as Liverpool are concerned, as much of a chance as Wagner becoming their next manager.

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

Webber's ego in the early days, made him think he was doing us a great favour being here.

Always said he would like to work abroad.

Well personally in think that ship has well and truly sailed.

As far as Liverpool are concerned, as much of a chance as Wagner becoming their next manager.

Made me chuckle, actually got in a taxi in Bristol this week, the driver, a Liverpool fan thought Wagner might be the next manager because of his friendship with Klopp.😃😂

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

Imagine the look on his face as one of the board members opening lines begins "Well, As a divorcee with a young daughter looking to make it as a pro footballer...".

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Zoë Ward is an executive director of NCFC 

i will ask the question again   what does she do to get 500 thousand a year?

2 minutes ago, mastoola said:

And I’ll say again, I don’t know but has been employed by Liverpool and Fulham. 

guilty. By. Association. 

8 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Relax?....

36 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

And I’ll say again, I don’t know but has been employed by Liverpool and Fulham. 

guilty. By. Association. 

so was my mother as a tea lady

12 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Liverpool LOL! Maybe as tea boy...or groundsman

Climbing consultant

8 hours ago, mastoola said:

so was my mother as a tea lady

Do you give this much stick to other executives at the club? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

True, and some people tell you to "ignore the noise" before doing the absolute opposite by making and abusive comments of their own, equally brain dead in my book...............

That's pathetic. If people are abused, they have every right to have a go back. Braindead fans that feel entitled  to abuse people deserve everything they get in response. 100% on Webber's side on that score. Doesn't matter what someone's job is or how much you get paid, you shouldn't be expected to quietly put up with being a punchbag.

And then people have the nerve to whine when there's a lack of communication from the club as a result.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

15 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's pathetic. If people are abused, they have every right to have a go back. Braindead fans that feel entitled  to abuse people deserve everything they get in response. 100% on Webber's side on that score. Doesn't matter what someone's job is or how much you get paid, you shouldn't be expected to quietly put up with being a punchbag.

And then people have the nerve to whine when there's a lack of communication from the club as a result.

Totally disagree with this, my wife worked in a Doctors surgery for a few years and encountered dogs abuse for things that were not actually down to her, if she responded in the same way as Webber did she would have been given a written warning at the very least.

Our friend works in a small, local supermarket, she has been given abuse by customers, again for things that are not down to her (most recently because the tills were out because of a power cut) had she responded like Webber to that abuse she would have been disciplined.

I am not saying that I am agreeing with the nature of the abuse that Webber got, but I am saying that criticism of how things were going was rightly aimed at him as he was actually responsible for that and he should have taken his own advice and ignored the noise as many people in public facing roles do day in day out.........

4 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Do you give this much stick to other executives at the club? 

A fair enough question, our SMT salaries eat up around 30% of the gate money, it would be around 60% at somewhere like Hull and yet they are still seeking to increase admission prices well beyond comparator clubs.

12 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Totally disagree with this, my wife worked in a Doctors surgery for a few years and encountered dogs abuse for things that were not actually down to her, if she responded in the same way as Webber did she would have been given a written warning at the very least.

Our friend works in a small, local supermarket, she has been given abuse by customers, again for things that are not down to her (most recently because the tills were out because of a power cut) had she responded like Webber to that abuse she would have been disciplined.

I am not saying that I am agreeing with the nature of the abuse that Webber got, but I am saying that criticism of how things were going was rightly aimed at him as he was actually responsible for that and he should have taken his own advice and ignored the noise as many people in public facing roles do day in day out.........

I don't think a doctor's surgery is quite the same scenario; that should not be acceptable and there should be sanctions available against the abuser;if staff in a doctor's surgery can be abused without sanctions against the abuser then my question is why not. To move to another scenario, if you abuse an air hostess, you'll have police meeting you at the end of your flight.

Criticism and abuse are two separate subjects. On Webber's part he openly accepted the criticism where his strategies hadn't worked on recruitment, especially regarding recruitment in the season immediately after the sale of Buendia (a lot of people don't seem aware of this, probably the same people complaining about lack of communication).

18 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Apparently "ni l'un ni l'autre" means "neither Hun nor Austrian" too. 😉

13 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I don't think a doctor's surgery is quite the same scenario; that should not be acceptable and there should be sanctions available against the abuser;if staff in a doctor's surgery can be abused without sanctions against the abuser then my question is why not. To move to another scenario, if you abuse an air hostess, you'll have police meeting you at the end of your flight.

Criticism and abuse are two separate subjects. On Webber's part he openly accepted the criticism where his strategies hadn't worked on recruitment, especially regarding recruitment in the season immediately after the sale of Buendia (a lot of people don't seem aware of this, probably the same people complaining about lack of communication).

I do not disagree with what you say but the same principle applies regardless of the "scenario", the person on the end of the abuse (flight attendant, shop worker, health worker etc) reacts professionally to "in the face" abuse and criticism.

Webber did not react professionally at all.

We will never agree on this so I suggest we both leave it there..............

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I do not disagree with what you say but the same principle applies regardless of the "scenario", the person on the end of the abuse (flight attendant, shop worker, health worker etc) reacts professionally to "in the face" abuse and criticism.

Webber did not react professionally at all.

We will never agree on this so I suggest we both leave it there..............

In that sense 'professionally' must mean responding directly in relation to the abusers rather than generalised lashing out at customers.