Sign in to follow this  
mannings bandy legs

Webber to Liverpool.

9 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I do not disagree with what you say but the same principle applies regardless of the "scenario", the person on the end of the abuse (flight attendant, shop worker, health worker etc) reacts professionally to "in the face" abuse and criticism.

Webber did not react professionally at all.

We will never agree on this so I suggest we both leave it there..............

The abuse he got was (and largely still is) personal .Far less about what he did in his job and largely about attacking him as a scapegoat. They've moved onto attacking Zoe Webber in his absence.  The fans made it personal and his reaction was in a personal capacity. Fair play to him. Nobody should tolerate people behaving like scum. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The abuse he got was (and largely still is) personal .Far less about what he did in his job and largely about attacking him as a scapegoat. They've moved onto attacking Zoe Webber in his absence.  The fans made it personal and his reaction was in a personal capacity. Fair play to him. Nobody should tolerate people behaving like scum. 

The Zoe stuff is weird, I don't know if it's just because some older blokes can't accept successful women in business but it's really weird. Mostly people claiming they don't know what she does whilst getting irate about how bad she is at the stuff they already claim to not know about.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The Zoe stuff is weird, I don't know if it's just because some older blokes can't accept successful women in business but it's really weird. Mostly people claiming they don't know what she does whilst getting irate about how bad she is at the stuff they already claim to not know about.

Is Liz Truss a successful woman beyond criticism?

17 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

He is a scapegoat now, how?. It is not like he has somebody above him making player acquisition decisions that are out of his control.

Even if the abuse is personal he should have ignored the noise (his words) and reacted in the same professional way public facing staff react every day, and often they are the scapegoat for a decision that has been taken at a pay grade way higher than theirs.

When Webber made the comment about a divorcee in the Snake Pit was that aimed at somebody specifically that he knows was responsible for the abuse, if so he has the same sanctions available to him as the abused health worker etc. 

Webber made an unprofessional choice to take on people that have paid money to watch NCFC, it was a big mistake, unfortunately Delia has chosen to follow his example and go down the same ill advised path...........

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

He is a scapegoat now, how?. It is not like he has somebody above him making player acquisition decisions that are out of his control.

Even if the abuse is personal he should have ignored the noise (his words) and reacted in the same professional way public facing staff react every day, and often they are the scapegoat for a decision that has been taken at a pay grade way higher than theirs.

When Webber made the comment about a divorcee in the Snake Pit was that aimed at somebody specifically that he knows was responsible for the abuse, if so he has the same sanctions available to him as the abused health worker etc. 

Webber made an unprofessional choice to take on people that have paid money to watch NCFC, it was a big mistake, unfortunately Delia has chosen to follow his example and go down the same ill advised path...........

It wasn't a mistake as far as I'm concerned. They deserved it, .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Who is 'they'?

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Who is 'they'?

Those nasty Snakepit people seemingly....I'm really really glad Webber & his issues are gone...90% happy 

I have it on very good authority that Zoe Webber has never worked a day in her life, her colleagues have a very poor opinion of her and she’s stealing a living at this club.

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You can keep your haribos mate, we aren’t interested. I hope the StuStu bitty tasted nice while it lasted.

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

Failing upwards? Just so glad he's gone.

I love the “im just taking some me time right now” vibe he left with.

Trying to convince himself that he’ll work ever again at this level lol.

Edited by The Real Buh

Absolutely shocking that anyone can hold an opinion that 'public facing staff' should 'take' verbal abuse and threatening behaviour.

I don't care how how bad a job anyone thinks someone else is doing but getting in their face aggressively is NEVER acceptable.

Essentially this is justification for the appalling treatment of doctors and nurses in the NHS as well as paramedics.

We can all have views on football but none will ever justify that kind of behaviour and IMHO, it's never beeb the Norwich way.

Absolutely not justification for it. Protest, yes, but that was not protest. Webber's response wasn't all that remarkable either. Just some choice words. Not like he Eric Cantona them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Absolutely shocking that anyone can hold an opinion that 'public facing staff' should 'take' verbal abuse and threatening behaviour.

I don't care how how bad a job anyone thinks someone else is doing but getting in their face aggressively is NEVER acceptable.

Essentially this is justification for the appalling treatment of doctors and nurses in the NHS as well as paramedics.

We can all have views on football but none will ever justify that kind of behaviour and IMHO, it's never beeb the Norwich way.

Absolutely not justification for it. Protest, yes, but that was not protest. Webber's response wasn't all that remarkable either. Just some choice words. Not like he Eric Cantona them.

What are you actually referring too? 

16 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:
17 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Bitty?.....

What does that mean? 

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

image.jpeg.7c6e94eddf36fcc1ec73e9691aea7118.jpeg....'Bitty'....

I know that , but why the response to my question. I wanted to know what protest he was referring to? 

22 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

I know that , but why the response to my question. I wanted to know what protest he was referring to? 

image.jpeg.5415600b958f1019ac4b548281eb77ec.jpegHoney I'M Home GIF - The Shining Horror Scared - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Mello Yello

On 31/01/2024 at 18:48, S_81 said:

Webber had a chip on his shoulder when rightly questioned about the failure of some of his signings. He was an arrogant man who was happy to roll out the PR in the good times, but shut down shop when given light criticism. Banning local media etc. Yet happy to do his own set pieces - including in-house controlled jobs and that nonsense 90% interview with the Times. His defensive attitude permeated to his relationship with our fan base. I’m not saying the language used toward him was deserved - but the scrutiny certainly was. And he couldn’t take it. His ego just couldn’t deal with it. Yet he could happily give it out. I very much doubt he’d handle the scrutiny at Liverpool if he can’t here.  

Watling got worse. But it was the same mentality. I don’t get it, but I guess someone will have some weird justification.

On 31/01/2024 at 16:46, Indy said:

I’m not overly keen on Liverpool but haven’t they suffered enough in one week losing Klopp and now you hit them with this! Christ just finish them off with Dean Smith as Klopps replacement!!

The true horror must have been conceding two against us.

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

image.jpeg.5415600b958f1019ac4b548281eb77ec.jpegHoney I'M Home GIF - The Shining Horror Scared - Discover & Share GIFs

I think that was more of an argument than a protest. I can safely say it had no comparison to the chase protest.  Or even the Bryan Gunn Protest in and outside the ground.