KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Liverpool v Norwich***

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Have we had the close up of Delia in the stands and the obligatory cooking pun yet?

image.jpeg.84715c975d3d4c1459718c8eb2233ee3.jpeg....Ruff night last night in the Republic of Scallyland...

“Will Barnes get to this?”…….….even the commentator is taking the pi**…..

3 minutes ago, Mike w said:

can't watch any more. shame

Get a grip - NCFC weekly wage £413300 

Livarpool just off £3.5 million

and it’s 2-1 

yes we need to learn not to play out from the back - that’s Wagners job…

• Like 2

I'm getting flashbacks to when we were in the Prem. We don't seem to have learned anything since.

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think the instructions and set up they’ve been given is hampering them more than anything. Far too much respect. Far far far too deep. Best form of defence is attack. 

Yep, the plan is clearly to sit deep and rely on the scintillating pace of Barnes of Fassnacht on the break.

• Haha 2

We would have to lose this game, not kidding 150-0 for the board to even look up from their prawn sandwiches, let alone actually do anything for a living.

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

This is not on Wagner. How can he legislate for Stacey being out of position for the first goal and McLean deciding to run out of the way for the second? I know we're probably overplaying it in our own half against a much better team but it's individual mistakes for the goals.

So a man who picks the side, coaches them how he would want them to play and gives them instructions on how and what he wants them to do isn’t at fault for the bizarre decisions to continually play suicidal passes along our defence rather than get on the field? Give your head a wobble will you. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

The way we're playing just feels wrong. The playerrs look uncomfortable playing this way. Theyve had a year. Its not unfamiliarity, its just fundamentally flawed.

It must be pretty soul destroying for the front 5. Just sitting off, working hard and barely touching the ball 

2 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Keep giving the ball away in our own half cheaply and there can only ever be one result, Liverpool will carry on scoring for fun.

The lady said it, "Loose in possession."

It's chronic.

Our first instinct is always to turn and play the ball backwards.

• Like 2

I don't think we want to get promoted this season and go back to watching games like this week in week out.

2 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I can’t understand the logic of playing Long over Gunn in this match. I’d change that at half time 

It’s not like Goalkeepers do too much per game to need a rest is it? I doubt they cover more than 1k in a game. Compared to Kenny who puts up over 10k each game

2 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

image.jpeg.84715c975d3d4c1459718c8eb2233ee3.jpeg....Ruff night last night in the Republic of Scallyland...

“I wonder if Delia has sampled some of the local delicacies 

Heroin”

• Haha 2

So a man who picks the side, coaches them how he would want them to play and gives them instructions on how and what he wants them to do isn’t at fault for the bizarre decisions to continually play suicidal passes along our defence rather than get on the field? Give your head a wobble will you. 

So you'd rather us punt it long time after time and the exact same thing happen? They're ultimately a better team than us and that's why it's hard to get out. What is unacceptable is players making ludicrous decisions like Kenny for the second goal when you're drawing 1-1. Unforgiveable.

• Like 2

well we got to be more grateful -its not 4-1- that's what it could had been if a Liverpool had score their open chances

You'd also imagine that the coaching staff would see that we repeatedly leave a player unmarked at the back post and in yards of space. So who's job is it to defend the back post? Full backs basically defending as cbs. Fass and Onel? Keeper should be screaming at them 

• Like 1

It’s not like Goalkeepers do too much per game to need a rest is it? I doubt they cover more than 1k in a game. Compared to Kenny who puts up over 10k each game

Exactly. And no offence to Long but there is a huge gulf in quality between them. Games like this are not for playing reserve keepers 

• Like 1

Just now, Worthy Nigelton said:

So you'd rather us punt it long time after time and the exact same thing happen? They're ultimately a better team than us and that's why it's hard to get out. What is unacceptable is players making ludicrous decisions like Kenny for the second goal when you're drawing 1-1. Unforgiveable.

I’d rather we had a coach who was either capable to organise a side to play out from the back correctly a la Farke. Or we come up with a plan that doesn’t involve sitting in our own box playing suicidal passes for fun. 

Yes they are a better side than us. Doesn’t mean we need to make it easy for them by gifting them possession in our final third time and time again. That is obviously the way they’ve been instructed to play by Wagner. 

Just now, In my blood said:

Could have been a lot worse. Change both fullbacks, hook Fassnacht and go again. 

Not sure what Fassnacht offers. He has a decent foot on him when he's near goal and has a go but he has no pace, no real strength to him and he can't cross

1 minute ago, Virtual reality said:

Exactly. And no offence to Long but there is a huge gulf in quality between them. Games like this are not for playing reserve keepers 

Absolutely a huge gulf in class between the two.