Tetteys Jig

Idah off on an adventure

Adam, strapping 22, soon to be 23 year old Irish international proffesional footballer who was once seen as the chosen striker for his nation, has the choice to wallow away in Norfolk with a football team where it’s never really happened for him, where no manager has ever really though he was in the top 2 forwards at the club who typically plays one up top. In one of the areas in the country with the highest average age in the UK…or have another go in Italy in Verona or Sassuolo…I know what I’d do at 22. Good luck Adam, all the best lad. 🖐🔰

49 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's over. Rejected.

It's only over if they don't increase their offer. 

Edited by Conrad

17 minutes ago, Conrad said:

It's only offer if they don't increase their offer. 

The article says his representatives have gone over to discuss things, sounds like a nice old jolly!  You’d think given his 4years remaining that ncfc surely holds some sort of sway.

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's over. Rejected.

Doesn’t say it’s over at all on the contrary says discussions ongoing.

Just seen someone say if AI was white then he'd be beloved and we would all want him to stay. 

That's enough Internet for today I think.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Just seen someone say if AI was white then he'd be beloved and we would all want him to stay. 

If only he was white and had long blonde flowing hair.

And maybe liked dancing on Tiktok.

Then we would all love him..

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Social media in a nutshell - inventing issues that aren't even there.

On the subject of the potential transfer, we should be accepting any money we can get. He's useless.

3 hours ago, norwich canary said:

Why are we arguing over value take what ever we are getting for the useless @@@@ and finally be rid of him

I'd be glad to see the back of him, but not without finding cover, we'd need a replacement.

I'm guessing that if its true we've rejected an offer it means our attempts to bring in somebody decent and within budget in time to sanction the move have failed.

ps. I don't value him as significantly higher than 3.5m euros. I guess that at least gives us hope that Rowe won't leave for well under market value.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

Well, unlike Idah, I can say I've been in Hellas Verona's stadium at least (part of the Giulietta e Romeo half-marathon last year - the finish line is in the stadium itself).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Féçk me, he could have the complexion of Casper and he'd still just not be good enough, so many missed chances that plenty of national League forwards would thrive on. 

No awareness, no anticipation, no drive to chuck himself in where it hurts... This is what let's him down! 

In Adam, as much as we've been waiting for the new Carlton Morris, Celtic must be hoping for a reverse-Pukki; i.e. a "failure" for them but a superstar for us.

If it materialises, I'll wish him well. I just hope we are not that desperate that we make a late bid for Ui Jo, bad leg and all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Addick/Canary said:

In Adam, as much as we've been waiting for the new Carlton Morris, Celtic must be hoping for a reverse-Pukki; i.e. a "failure" for them but a superstar for us.

If it materialises, I'll wish him well. I just hope we are not that desperate that we make a late bid for Ui Jo, bad leg and all.

I hope we're not desperate to even loan him yet alone try to buy him.

With Idah, Giannoulis, even Rowe possibly leaving in the next couple of days it does feel we're losing 3 decent players and next to nothing to replace them.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Think Idah could do well at Celtic to be honest. He should get that run of games and get a steady stream of chances.

• Like 2

I don’t believe any of this. I reckon this is all just a club ploy to reframe Idah as a desirable, valuable footballer who we should be grateful to have on our books. 

It’s not working. 

16 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think Idah could do well at Celtic to be honest. He should get that run of games and get a steady stream of chances.

Yes it’s a heady mix of L1, Champs and lower tier PL, all across just 12 teams.

Still struggling to understand the logic in this. Maybe in the summer given the financial won’t change that much. Interesting I see Ellis Simms was playing for Coventry tonight signed for more than we are looking to sell Idah for. He has four goals this season so nearly half what Idah has. The idea that we can sign a replacement who can hit the ground running is far fetched.

Edited by Ulfotto
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

What like Ben Gibson, he couldn’t look more Aryan and gets booed on to the pitch 😂 

On a Celtic forum somebody has claimed that they have an option to purchase Idah at the end of his loan for £6.8m.

Lets hope he absolutely smashes it, hat trick against Rangers will help his cause.

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

On a Celtic forum somebody has claimed that they have an option to purchase Idah at the end of his loan for £6.8m.

Lets hope he absolutely smashes it, hat trick against Rangers will help his cause.

Just seen an article saying they have no option to buy 

1 hour ago, Iwans teeth said:

This guy seems over the moon with the deal

He's got a nice forehead for egg to drip down.

Lovely little move for him. Bag a few goals vs some farmers, a bit of silverware and then assess his options in summer