Sign in to follow this  
S27

Today’s Referee

Thought that today’s referee was very good.kept the ball moving as much as possible. Didn’t rush into any rash decisions and was very calm when disallowing the goal for the handball. Was great to see him not buying any cheap free kicks.

• Like 3

Thought he was solid.

And also looked like he could run a marathon, far cry from the usual 5ft pot bellied jokes we get blowing around the 30 minute mark 

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Still think the Gibson "challenge" was a foul the ref missed..

Probably be proved wrong when the highlights are out mind

He was superb, you should ry going to some games, then you would be able to compare him to the usual s*** we see. Not only did he control the game, and keep it flowing, he controlled the players as well.

Incidentally, the referee was called Sunny Sukhvir Gill. His dad - one Jarnail Singh.

Pedigree then.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Watched it live not conclusive but looked like he got the ball 

4 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Watched it live not conclusive but looked like he got the ball 

From the upper Barclay it looked a perfect challenge.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It wasn't a foul.

I can't say I really thought about the ref during the game, which, in itself tells the story. Now that I think back, I agree, I thought he was really good. Always easier to say when the big calls go your way (even if they are right). Wonder what the WBA fans think of him...

The linesmen also got the offside decision right with Sargent's run in on goal for the opener.

Looked tight at the time, with the defender pushing up, just as Sargent started sprinting the other way.

But the replay showed he was well onside

Head and shoulders the best Championship refereeing performance I've ever seen. Got absolutely everything right including not giving us any soft fouls for minor infringements and generally letting the game flow. He was notably very fit and able to keep up with play meaning he didn't have to guess about the big decisions. 

Agree with the consensus on this thread, yesterday's referee had a good game. He made the right decisions with little fuss and controlled the match well.

It helped that he was able to keep up with play and he looked more like an athlete than some refs who turn up at Carrow Road.

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Jesus Cambridge,  I already pointed out you were wrong with this yesterday. Seriously, rewatch it, it was a fantastic tackle. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I sit lower Barclay so could see he got a good chunk of the ball. It was a superb challenge.

Gibson was great yesterday, I know some posters on here will really struggle to accept that 🙂 

12 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It wasn't a clean tackle by any means but the TV replays shows Gibson got enough of the ball and the WBA attacker went down too easily so for me it wasn't a penalty!

12 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Incidentally, the referee was called Sunny Sukhvir Gill. His dad - one Jarnail Singh.

Pedigree then.

Fun fact-the first person his dad sent off in the EFL was ex-Canary Colin Woodthorpe.

I don't remember noticing him at all. Which I'd say is a good thing. Just letting the game get on with itself. Can we have him every week?

46 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

I don't remember noticing him at all. Which I'd say is a good thing. Just letting the game get on with itself. Can we have him every week?

Yep. If you leave the ground and you can't remember the ref,he's a had a good game,and he did. One of the better ones we've seen.

Edited by mannings bandy legs
Spelling !