I can only see our season going one way, and I don't like it !!

2nd leg home defeat in the play offs to you lot 😏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Given up on the top 2 then?

...like I said, bottlers

• Like 1

Exactly what we we were saying post match, a play off semi final against Ipswich. Are you up for it?

Seriously think we need to be strengthening midfield so we can get Sara further forward.

Obviously Rowe leaves in the summer so we absolutely must create something this window.

I thought Knapper had a nothing role until the end of season, but not now. Doesn't matter if we finish 3rd or 6th. What you got Knapper??

One decent result for us and we are gonna make the play offs! Jeez, people, it’s got to be consistency over the rest of the season and in all honesty this squad is not good enough to go up is it?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

One decent result for us and we are gonna make the play offs! Jeez, people, it’s got to be consistency over the rest of the season and in all honesty this squad is not good enough to go up is it?

3 wins on the trot Mr Neggy. You'll see what you want to moan about though 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Exactly what we we were saying post match, a play off semi final against Ipswich. Are you up for it?

Seriously think we need to be strengthening midfield so we can get Sara further forward.

Obviously Rowe leaves in the summer so we absolutely must create something this window.

I thought Knapper had a nothing role until the end of season, but not now. Doesn't matter if we finish 3rd or 6th. What you got Knapper??

I thought Rowe had already signed for Brentford.

You have to feel sorry for the binners. Forty years in our shadow and they get their own chance and they appear to be blowing it...again.  If they don't beat Leicester, they will have blown an 11 point lead and see Leicester further increase their lead at the top.

The binners have a paper thin squad, a coupe or so out and they crumble.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

It’ll be a lot easier to build a squad that is good enough with PL cash though. The alternative is selling Rowe and going again.

22 minutes ago, RobJames said:

You have to feel sorry for the binners. Forty years in our shadow and they get their own chance and they appear to be blowing it...again.  If they don't beat Leicester, they will have blown an 11 point lead and see Leicester further increase their lead at the top.

Without Hirst, how come they beat Sunderland then? 

2 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I'll settle for that 💛💚

9 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

.... you've not been listening,  we don't care about 1p5wich.....

All teams go through an injury crisis, to a greater or lesser extent, in the long hard Championship season.

Hopefully City have had theirs with a weakened defence caused by the loss of Hanley the captain and others reducing options and the need for an uninspiring/poor 'keeper for several games and the vital long-term loss of our mainstay striker, one of the engine rooms of the team: The Sarge. There were quite a few others many times.. At one time, they were queuing for the treatment table at Colney.

By comparison, ITFC's loss is a mere hiccup, but they are already faltering. Worse could come, especially as their midfield is not young.

At one time they seemed an irresistible force, but now for the first time they seem vulnerable.

If they fail to get a result at Leicester, then the rot could (hopefully) set in.

The only consolation for the Binners is that they may be able to hang on to McKenna for longer. Should they go up, he will inevitably get irresistible offers from one of the big boys and consider the job done at little old Ipswich Town and succumb. I still think he'll end up at Manchester United sooner rather than later. He ticks all their boxes in this day and age when promising statistically minded young managers with commitment and clear ability have become the vogue since the Ferguson hair-dryer days.

As for Ipswich Town, they will return to the more or less nothingness of the years between Robson leaving and McKenna arriving. It's in the Suffolk water. Norwich City, on the other hand, have achieved four separate promotions to the Premier League under four different managers already this century. It's in the Norfolk water.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I would have thought your immediate worry would be that you might not be good enough to beat Maidstone.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, nu_matik said:

3 wins on the trot Mr Neggy. You'll see what you want to moan about though 

I’m not moaning just want people to put some perspective on it, instead of getting over excited. And anyway one of those wins was a cup win wasn’t it? 

15 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So beating play off contenders Hull at their place wasn't a decent result?

6 points in 2 games against play off hopefuls, right back in it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

On your current form I wouldn't consider it guaranteed that you'll finish in the top 6, seems like momentum could only take you so far before the reality of the quality of many of your players sets in.

Unknown entity in the first half of the season too, now every opponent you face knows what you are about having already played you and will set up accordingly.

3 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

On your current form I wouldn't consider it guaranteed that you'll finish in the top 6, seems like momentum could only take you so far before the reality of the quality of many of your players sets in.

Setting aside our green and yellow bias……

Ipswich are 16 points clear of 7th with 19 to play and a game in hand, albeit at Leicester. Bookies odds of 1/500 to finish in the top six.

Wobbly current form or not I think that is pretty much guaranteed.

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Ipswich are 16 points clear of 7th with 19 to play and a game in hand, albeit at Leicester. Bookies odds of 1/500 to finish in the top six.

Unlikely but worth a quid tho? I do want the lego Mos Eisely...

I've bet on sillier things. City to bear Man City for instance!

On 20/01/2024 at 19:09, RobJames said:

And we played so well when Sargent and Barnes were out...

Leeds were 12 points ahead of us in the earlier part of 09/10 - they finished 9 points behind at the end of the season.

20 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Unlikely but worth a quid tho? I do want the lego Mos Eisely...

I've bet on sillier things. City to bear Man City for instance!

1/500 shots do occasionally not come in but they must be as rare as rocking horse s*it. Getting that Lego on the back of Ipswich’s misery would be quite sweet though…

I wouldn’t say betting on that 3-2 win v Man City was sillier. We were only 25/1 that day and there still can’t be many people who parted with their cash on that one.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

That's good because I like the idea of beating them in the play-offs.

Although I'd rather we got them in the semi's, with the insurance policy against defeat being their inevitable thrashing by Farke's Leeds at Wembley. 

To be honest, my dream end to the season wouldn’t be to beat Ipswich in the playoffs, it would be for us to finish above them once again and our final league position to be 6th

11 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I’m not moaning just want people to put some perspective on it, instead of getting over excited. And anyway one of those wins was a cup win wasn’t it? 

On another thread are current league tables based on the last 6 games and 10 games, even though I don’t think we will be in the playoffs I have to say it makes your post not very factual.

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Getting that Lego on the back of Ipswich’s misery would be quite sweet though…

I might go and build it in front of John works house! We can have a pink un party!

11 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Unknown entity in the first half of the season too, now every opponent you face knows what you are about having already played you and will set up accordingly.

I'd rather think that seeing us sort em out on TV showed the rest of the Division that they can be got at.

S'funny, their form has gone off a cliff since we played them.....

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

On another thread are current league tables based on the last 6 games and 10 games, even though I don’t think we will be in the playoffs I have to say it makes your post not very factual.

Which part wasn’t factual? I’m intrigued as one of the wins was a cup win and the rest has no facts in it at all other than to say don’t start getting excited which isn’t really a fact is it, Orr maybe it is as people are getting excited!