norfolkngood

Forshaw off to Plymouth !

17 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Are you really this stupid?

Yes he really has set Carrow Road on fire

Another mistaken signing

2 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Lots of games for Brentford, Boro and Leeds.....yes he's a good player. Lots of experience.

I'm not denying that he was a good Champs player back in the day and had a few good seasons at Middlesbrough and Leeds, however Brentford were a mid-table League One side when he played for them.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

2 hours ago, ridgeman said:

An odd signing when you read that Farke wanted to assess his fitness before offering him a contract yet we step in and sign him.

Panic signing late in the window, presumably after failing to land any of our main DM targets.

Seems sensible. Good outcome for both parties.

It hasn't worked out here, for whatever reason. It happens.

1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

When do we get the money pi##Ed up the wall comments from him? 

How can he say anything while Webber is still under contract to March and his wife is on the board of directors. What a mess.

• Like 1

It seems like a good move for all involved, I do hope we bring in a CDM, Sara should be playing CAM and Wagner seems to prefer Gibbs further forward in midfield.  The two we have released should free up some revenue for a decent loan players wages.

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Doubt Hwang would have been gone had he not been injured!

I'd question the validity of it being a longterm injury personally.  It's rather coincidental.

Slowly undoing the total cluster**** that was Webber's last transfer window.

You're really only left with two feasible options; Webber is a ****ing moron or he deliberately ****ed us up last summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ridgeman said:

How can he say anything while Webber is still under contract to March and his wife is on the board of directors. What a mess.

i did think that 

but to be fair knapper has just said zoe your hubbies signing is rubbish lets get rid by letting Forshaw go so soon after Webber signed him 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Slowly undoing the total cluster**** that was Webber's last transfer window.

You're really only left with two feasible options; Webber is a ****ing moron or he deliberately ****ed us up last summer.

I think the likeliest answer is that he had no investment in the long term future of the club, combined with him doing his mate Wagner a favour by bringing in the 'experience' he wanted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, repman said:

I think the likeliest answer is that he had no investment in the long term future of the club, combined with him doing his mate Wagner a favour by bringing in the 'experience' he wanted.

I Think Wagner had a say in the Transfer window last time ( a guess as nobody knows ) 

one reason i do not think he should be here for this rebuild 

5 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Would be great if he does. 32 years old, has missed loads of games through injury, been awful when he has played, and probably on quite high wages considering he came from Leeds as a free agent. Falls into the “age of our squad” matter, a sick note, rubbish signing, and in addition to lowering the age of our squad, I would think we also need to “lower the wage” of our squad

eh ?

A free agent takes what is offered, he has NO bargaining power. Which is why we signed him and why Plymouth are able and willing to sign him. As said, some work out, some don't. I would expect the club to be shifting Placheta and would not be upset if 'could not hit a Barnes door' Ashley was to find pastures a new.

And with Duffy, Hanley and Gibson as regular CBs with McLean and now Sorensen to cover, Batth is surplus. Just need to find someone to take him on. I would not be adverse to Fisher and/or Gibbs going out on loan. We don't want to strip the squad bare while there is still a chance of a play off place, but we should not be carrying passengers when their wages could be better used. ideally that would be a goal corer. Someone who knows where the goal is (listening Idah/Barnes).

Forshaw is off to Home Park, we need to clear out our own Jurassic Park and see Batth and Barnes heading off to some museum. Barnes (Millwall) is a liability.

5 hours ago, RobJames said:

Barnes (Millwall) is a liability

I totally agree. Even this week he got another unnecessary yellow card, and he should have been given a red at Millwall for wrestling an opponent to the ground. He seems far more interested in proving that he's 'well hard' than in actually doing the professional job that he was brought in to do. I know some people are impressed by this ug-ug-me-Tarzan approach, but we are a club aiming to go back to the PL, not one in National League North.

Also, insisting on playing him in the space behind Sargent is stopping us from shoring up midfield and getting higher up the field our skilful players (Sara and Nunez) who are more interested in creating chances than in picking fights with opponents.

59 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I totally agree. Even this week he got another unnecessary yellow card, and he should have been given a red at Millwall for wrestling an opponent to the ground. He seems far more interested in proving that he's 'well hard' than in actually doing the professional job that he was brought in to do. I know some people are impressed by this ug-ug-me-Tarzan approach, but we are a club aiming to go back to the PL, not one in National League North.

Also, insisting on playing him in the space behind Sargent is stopping us from shoring up midfield and getting higher up the field our skilful players (Sara and Nunez) who are more interested in creating chances than in picking fights with opponents.

I thought he was great against Hull, put himself about, held the ball up well and was generally a nightmare for defenders to play against. He’s just the type of horrible centre forward we’ve missed in recent years

• Like 1

Ben Knapper turning into the quiet assassin?

Hwang, Forshaw and Springett out on loan despite seeing a lot of first team action this season.

Long, Batth, Gibson? All more benefit to the club off the wages bill than on it, imo.

Barnes has a role to play this season, especially if he links up well with a fit Sargent again, but he is not the way forward.

Now Mr. Knapper have you a signing (a loan will do) to give us something to get excited about? A youngish defensive midfielder or a striker will do.

Moved a few on springett, Forshaw, Hwang. Possibly Warner and Placheta to come.

wonder if Knapper has lined up any moves of his own ?? You’d have thought he’d want to do something.

15 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Knapper not messing around !! 

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/24060006.norwich-city-adam-forshaw-poised-join-plymouth-argyle/

Good to see some of the deadwood is getting trimmed , hopefully freeing up some wages for a CDM !! 

Im not sure about the first line, rather than identifying players who arent good enough need the boot. Good riddance as he was far off the pace and required level. A start.

8 hours ago, RobJames said:

eh ?

A free agent takes what is offered, he has NO bargaining power

Eh ?

He has exactly as much bargaining power as anybody else.  Probably more so than a player for whom a club is paying a transfer fee as the club don't have to account for said transfer fee in the overall cost.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

People are maybe seeing him from what he’s delivered for us, but Forshaw was a very good player in his day and excellent at Brentford when he was young. Injuries have caught up with him and seems he can’t do it regularly enough now.

The operative words being - in his day. 

9 hours ago, RobJames said:

eh ?

A free agent takes what is offered, he has NO bargaining power.

First thing a Agent says we want a big signing on fee as no transfer fee involved ,

Pukki was a free agent you think he signed for Peanuts ? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, repman said:

Probably not a popular opinion on here but I don't think we should be going out to sign anyone just because Forshaw is gone. My view was always that all he was doing was blocking Gibbs' so now that he's gone it should allow him more minutes. There's also the Sorensen question and maybe Knapper wants to get him more time so he can make a decision there too.

Hwang and Forshaw out is a good start imo, both contributed little this year and hardly long term assets either.

Gibbs needs a loan somewhere. He hasn’t impressed me so far. I appreciate he’s young and will improve so I’m not beating him up. He may well make it. At the moment a loan to Derby or somewhere would do him good until the end of the season. Knapper can clear out the squad in the summer and we’ll see where Gibbs is at then. It maybe another loan for next season too. 

2 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Gibbs needs a loan somewhere. He hasn’t impressed me so far. I appreciate he’s young and will improve so I’m not beating him up. He may well make it. At the moment a loan to Derby or somewhere would do him good until the end of the season. Knapper can clear out the squad in the summer and we’ll see where Gibbs is at then. It maybe another loan for next season too. 

He played well when he first signed for us seems to have gone a little backwards , Good player in there as he has shown last season 

Risky to send Gibbs out on loan now. Sorensen is back, but for how long? He is a bit of a sicknote to say the least.

If it becomes clear we aren't going to make the play-offs (key games coming up against WBA, Leeds, Coventry & Watford) then I might want to be a bit radical and start to develop our young players such as Gibbs, Warner, Lima, Aboh? Otherwise I'm unclear what our direction of travel is. Surely we aren't going to block their progress by fielding old grunters like Barnes, Duffy, Batth and Hernandez?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder if this is mostly down to Sorensen being back and Wagner rating him higher?

Definitely makes sense – if he can stay fit, of course.

21 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Risky to send Gibbs out on loan now. Sorensen is back, but for how long? He is a bit of a sicknote to say the least.

If it becomes clear we aren't going to make the play-offs (key games coming up against WBA, Leeds, Coventry & Watford) then I might want to be a bit radical and start to develop our young players such as Gibbs, Warner, Lima, Aboh? Otherwise I'm unclear what our direction of travel is. Surely we aren't going to block their progress by fielding old grunters like Barnes, Duffy, Batth and Hernandez?

I'd say until it's mathematically impossible then you play your strongest side. Would rather get our youngsters out on loan, if they stay and get into the team it should be on merit.

38 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

First thing a Agent says we want a big signing on fee as no transfer fee involved ,

Pukki was a free agent you think he signed for Peanuts ? 

That's probably true if the player is in decent recent form. In Forshaw's case, he'd barely played due to injury so I'm not so sure that's quite as applicable - but neither of us would know for certain.

For me, he was an unpressured one-year shot that could have resolved a problem if he found something near his best form, and he had a chance to work towards it. Unfortunately, he fell a very long way short.

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It makes sense, really. South coast of Devon is a lovely place to convalesce.

Too true.