Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup Cup match thread Canaries V The Gas*

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Well we better keep Wagner and blow all the Rowe money on his signings as he is so good 

What money? 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Sara sounds like he's been awful, his corners especially have sounded woeful.

Not enjoying his football is , Since he has been dropped back in Midfield nowhere near same player ,

might be further forward tonight but not the same as before 

Sh*t manager….sh*t players….sh*t team….

The stars have truly aligned.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I must say i had a wry smile when i saw what was posted and by whom. Trouble is there will be others along later or in the morning and no surprises who they will be either.

It’s humiliating. And the usual crowd will tell me there’s no evidence of anyone going out of their way to defend Wagner. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sufyellow said:

What money? 

if we sell Rowe for a decent fee i am sure we will get some to spend or at least you would hope ! 

unless we are that much in debt 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Well we better keep Wagner and blow all the Rowe money on his signings as he is so good 

If you wanted to be fair to Wagner you might point out that he’s spent the sum total of sod all on signings.  The utterly ridiculous thing is that I’m not particularly a fan, I’m just not rabidly anti, so it seems to come across like he’s my Dad or something.  He’s absolutely not delivered the kind of play we were expecting, and I’ve said that for months. 

• Like 1

We are second best to a League One side. Outplayed, out coached, out motivated. We just do not want to win. This side is 11th (ELEVENTH!!!!) in League One. Pathetic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

It’s humiliating. And the usual crowd will tell me there’s no evidence of anyone going out of their way to defend Wagner. 

Whereas you do have said evidence.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just back from work, are we playing well? 

The stats are not available yet.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seriously thogh if we cant even beat Rovers do we deserve to play Liverpool? No. They do and we don't.

Stunning insight that 😜

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

if we sell Rowe for a decent fee i am sure we will get some to spend or at least you would hope ! 

unless we are that much in debt 

We will need 20 million to fill the hole next season,  that's where the money will go. 

• Like 2

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Just back from work, are we playing woeful? 

Just a slight amendment....

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seriously thogh if we cant even beat Rovers do we deserve to play Liverpool? No. They do and we don't.

Well... No.. that's, that's how a cup tournament works. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It's difficult to tell, but I'm guessing on the balance of opinion = no.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I believe our xG is superb! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You should make a thread or at least post where you link all the posts where people back Wagner. Or maybe it's just total paranoia and nonsense 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

What evidence is that then?  That I dared to mention our laughable recent cup record?  How is that “defending” anyone? It is embarrassing more than anything.

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It's brilliant stuff. Playing a mid table L1 off the park.

Said no one.

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Whereas you do have said evidence.

It’s in this thread. Keep up 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

If you wanted to be fair to Wagner you might point out that he’s spent the sum total of sod all on signings.  The utterly ridiculous thing is that I’m not particularly a fan, I’m just not rabidly anti, so it seems to come across like he’s my Dad or something.  He’s absolutely not delivered the kind of play we were expecting, and I’ve said that for months. 

I have said before to point out who spends or identifies Targets is very hard 

Scout / DOF / or Manager and DOF

Webber might be totally to blame for last summer who knows Wagner was here so some might be his choice hard to say ,

my point with Wagner he does not get the very best out of his players consistently ,

Might be a win here and there but Bristol Rovers came out tonight with Fire in the belly straight away ,

i do not dislike Wagner as person but if it is not working it has to be changed  

I don't get why we rest Gunn but continually play Sara.  When you consider what a difference Gunn brings to us defensively, I have absolutely no trust in Long, and not sure the backline do either.

Just now, nu_matik said:

You should make a thread or at least post where you link all the posts where people back Wagner. Or maybe it's just total paranoia and nonsense 

I don’t think they exist. It’s just that if you aren’t openly - and in every single post - anti, you’re labelled as backing him.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

What evidence is that then?  That I dared to mention our laughable recent cup record?  How is that “defending” anyone? It is embarrassing more than anything.

The question is why you feel the need to continually be the first to add in some degree of mitigation when someone is questioning how useless Wagner is. It’s almost as if you want the man to remain in charge.