Sign in to follow this  
S_81

The next three

Bristol Rovers. West Brom. Leeds. 

Predictions? 

Lose all three and will those currently experiencing yet another love-in with David Wagner suddenly feel less keen?

Or, if you’re still hoping that Wagner is sacked - would three wins change your mind? 

I imagine the other members of the chasing pack will all be cheering us on in the West Brom game. If we can win that, we drag them back into the mix, and both fifth and sixth will look up for grabs.

To stand any chance of the play-offs City will have to improve their home form given that they're so poor away so Saturday is a 'must win', the FA Cup is an irrelevance and a draw at Elland Road would be a good result.

10 hours ago, S_81 said:

Bristol Rovers. West Brom. Leeds. 

Predictions? 

Lose all three and will those currently experiencing yet another love-in with David Wagner suddenly feel less keen?

Or, if you’re still hoping that Wagner is sacked - would three wins change your mind? 

I've not seen a love-in for Wagner at all? Are you just making things up again?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I've not seen a love-in for Wagner at all? Are you just making things up again?

That’s because you have a track record of not seeing what’s staring you in the face 

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

That’s because you have a track record of not seeing what’s staring you in the face 

B*llocks. The best you’ll find if you were to look for evidence is a grudging appreciation for some recent results. We constantly read posts about “love ins” and Wagner fan boys when they just don’t exist.

Why some posters feel the need to make this stuff up is weird.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

B*llocks. The best you’ll find if you were to look for evidence is a grudging appreciation for some recent results. We constantly read posts about “love ins” and Wagner fan boys when they just don’t exist.

Why some posters feel the need to make this stuff up is weird.

Watch your language. You’ll get banned 

• Thanks 1

The important one is West Brom beat them if I was Wagner I would be banging Knapper door down for new signings. If none arrive again if I was Wagner I would even consider calling out the board for inactivity. What has the guy got to lose the only he is Norwich manager at the start of next season is if we are in the premier league.

3 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

The important one is West Brom beat them if I was Wagner I would be banging Knapper door down for new signings. If none arrive again if I was Wagner I would even consider calling out the board for inactivity. What has the guy got to lose the only he is Norwich manager at the start of next season is if we are in the premier league.

with this squad? heaven forbid.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Can you show me 10, nah 5, nah 3 posts demonstrating a "love in" for Wagner? Just 3.

W, W, D.

Ever the optimist but I think Sarge will improve and we surely have to have a game or two where we just 'click'.

And is Hernandez getting used better as a sub?

Oh. And McLean to stay in defense.

And no more injuries.

And some set-piece goals in the mix.

But we have Wagner. 

Basically; no idea.

• Like 1

DDL

I think the 're-match' will go to the lottery of penalties as Rovers will be absolutely up for that game.

We can do pretty well at Elland Rd and Farke's Leeds love an unexpected defeat, so who knows!

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

One or two people made a few positive comments and one thread about believing in the team. Hardly a love in.

1 hour ago, nu_matik said:

One or two people made a few positive comments and one thread about believing in the team. Hardly a love in.

Surely LDC loves Dave? 

I still think this squad is capable of finishing 6th. I think that in spite of Wagner but not because of him. He's not a bad manager, but he's not great either.

In his defence he has not had the services of Hanley, Sainz, Sargent and Barnes for extended periods. 

Hate to say it but this squad of players with McKenna in charge would probably be in the top 3.

Beat Rovers.

Then if we can get 3 points from either Leeds or the Baggies we'll actually be on course for a top 6. 

Lose both and mid-table. 2 draws so so.

Actually I think we may well win one and lose one. Not sure which 😉. We do owe Farke for our earlier defeat (especially Duffy)! Football is a rum old game.

Rovers - 1-1 draw and out on penalties, as we bench key players for WBA game, and then aren't able to turn around the game....

WBA - 1-1

Leeds lose by about 3 goals

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I still think this squad is capable of finishing 6th. I think that in spite of Wagner but not because of him. He's not a bad manager, but he's not great either.

In his defence he has not had the services of Hanley, Sainz, Sargent and Barnes for extended periods. 

Hate to say it but this squad of players with McKenna in charge would probably be in the top 3.

Agreed. I think any of the managers from the current top 6 would get our squad to the play-offs.

Pretty sure Coventry came from further back than we are now last season to get to the play-off final. 

Everything to play for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Number9 said:

Surely LDC loves Dave? 

Exactly, a one man love in.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Can you show me 10, nah 5, nah 3 posts demonstrating a "love in" for Wagner? Just 3.

Maybe just TWO posts demonstrating a "love in" for Wagner?

2 hours ago, Europe_93 said:

Rovers - 1-1 draw and out on penalties, as we bench key players for WBA game, and then aren't able to turn around the game....

WBA - 1-1

Leeds lose by about 3 goals

I can see this happening also 

Beat Rovers with a stronger team

Draw with Brom which will actually be a very decent point off a good team

Lose to Leeds, Bamford scores, we once again mourn the loss of our hero Farke and they sing that song again over and over

The Norwich that lost 2-3 at home to Leeds is a different animal in playing style now. Problem is, I'm not sure you can beat a drilled Farke side by sitting back unless you really have got a primed counter-attacking weapon or two in the ranks. After all, enough teams sat deep against us in the Champs when Farke was our boss and his teams generally figured them out later on in games. But that Leeds team aren't yet quite purring like a prime Norwich Championship-winning side under Farke did, although in Summerville they've definitely got an attacking player who's too good for the division so probably their "Buendia" even if he's a different style of attacker.

We might as well rotate for Rovers, I think we might just get edged out in that one. But I think we've a decent chance against West Brom. They didn't exactly create loads of clear-cut chances against us at their ground even though Sainz Meanz Brainz Fartz that day and got sent off about 30 minutes in and if we keep eleven men against them at home I think we can just about tip it.

I'm going LWL for this one. Which is probably Welsh for "nearly, but not quite".

Edited by TheGunnShow

west Brom and Leeds both good teams and will attack our defence.  Expect Wagner to adopt Southampton defence tactics and come unstuck.  Those clubs will know that these tactics have been used in the past and beable to counteract them unlike Southampton who couldn't.  Wagner fears a drubbing but these tactics may ensure one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Number9 said:

Surely LDC loves Dave? 

No because although his name begins with Da it doesn’t finish in niel.

• Haha 1