Just now, Capt. Pants said:

That's put him in the shop window.

He was already in it 

He's going to have a long career in the top flight.

If this is what he looks like 50 games into his career then he's going to be scarily good after 150.

Just now, S_81 said:

He was already in it 

But the red January sale sign has been removed! Full price now! 

Bit of magic really, considering the potato field of a pitch, the sheer natural ability to just adjust and curl it in with the outside of his boot was magnificent.

Also took it early so the keeper had no chance; how many times did we see a certain Teemu Pukki score from similar areas?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's just a joy to watch isnt he?

Weren't you moaning about him falling over too much a couple of weeks ago?

Truly the chosen one to inherit old First Wizard's title of 'biggest flip-flopper.'

• Like 1

Just now, king canary said:

Weren't you moaning about him falling over too much a couple of weeks ago?

Truly the chosen one to inherit old First Wizard's title of 'biggest flip-flopper.'

Which he was. All I did was point out how lightwight he looked since his injury. Said nothing about him being a bad footballer or anything of the sort, just pointing it out.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

5 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

But the red January sale sign has been removed! Full price now! 

And not for sale until the summer at the earliest. Albeit I hope we can keep him for another season as he’s getting better. But being realistic I’m not sure we can. 

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's just a joy to watch isnt he?

Gunn MOTM for me. Stacey and Duffy also played very well. Honourable mention for Sainz who did his defensive duty well.

• Like 1

Not many on the pitch , or even in the league , could score that goal . Slow it down and watch the finish. To beat a keeper with that contact is a hell of an achievement . No back lift, outside of the foot as you are falling . 

Brilliant goal. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 2

Just think how many times he goes missing in games, and then pops up with something like this.  The potential is absolutely massive, if he can find a way of maintaining his stamina and finding that balance of knowing when to attempt special moments like this, or when to lay the ball of early.

There's a way to go as yet - he's barely started in the senior game, if we cash in early, we're plonkers. 

Great goal and much needed!   It was funny in the interview where he said he was looking to pass to Sarge and then he was blocked off as watching the replay you can see he's got one eye on the pass and then he's like screw it, and just goes himself.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Great goal. But no denying he goes missing and is ineffective for large parts of the game! Tin hat…

He has amazing innate technical skill. A good coach will help him to develop the part of his game which is about decision-making as a member of a team.

Earlier in the season, I wanted us to sell him in January if we could get 20m +. I now think I was wrong. I under-estimated him completely. Now I hope we hang onto him and watch the price go up. And teams like Palace and Everton can p*ss off. He's heading for the top as long as he makes the right career decisions and doesn't just snatch at the first offer.

When we do eventually sell him, he will definitely benefit from working alongside better players and become a more complete footballer.

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

He has amazing innate technical skill. A good coach will help him to develop the part of his game which is about decision-making as a member of a team.

Earlier in the season, I wanted us to sell him in January if we could get 20m +. I now think I was wrong. I under-estimated him completely. Now I hope we hang onto him and watch the price go up. And teams like Palace and Everton can p*ss off. He's heading for the top as long as he makes the right career decisions and doesn't just snatch at the first offer.

When we do eventually sell him, he will definitely benefit from working alongside better players and become a more complete footballer.

He’s very talented, there’s no doubt. But I’m not quite seeing the same player as most. But also, wouldn’t bet against him becoming a top player. I think Josh Murphy is a good example of where we are with Rowe. Maybe that’s slightly underselling Rowe tbf. Can’t see anyone paying north of £20 million currently.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

8 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

He’s very talented, there’s no doubt. But I’m not quite seeing the same player as most. But also, wouldn’t bet against him becoming a top player. I think Josh Murphy is a good example of where we are with Rowe. Maybe that’s slightly underselling Rowe tbf. Can’t see anyone paying north of £20 million currently.

In January, I agree. So we don't sell him.

He's definitely got something. What I like about him is even when he's not playing well (Ipswich, last night) he can still find a bit of skill or a goal. Huge potential.

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Great goal. But no denying he goes missing and is ineffective for large parts of the game! Tin hat…

Said the same. But he's young and that consistency and ability to perform for 90mins will come.When it does,he'll be one hell of a player.

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Goes missing = drops deeper under instruction from the coach. 

Exactly. Covering runs, filling his position in the defensive structure and generally working hard off the ball. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

He is worth a Fortune Homegrown player , he is the Ace up Knapper's sleeve for a rebuild 

Value limited as contract only has a year to run,  we must be looking to extend it??

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Josh never got more than 7 goals in an entire season, and that was after 130 odd professional appearances too. So I think this might be as accurate as your October points prediction 🙂 

• Like 1