Gibson

Giannoulis

McLean

Sara

Rowe

Hernandez

Barnes

Sargent

Don't think that will be far out for tonight otherthan possibly no Gibson.

I would like to see the line up below. I expect to see a 4-4-2 with Barnes behind Sargent.

Gunn

Stacey Duffy McClean Gianoulis

Gibbs Nunez

Rowe Sara Sainz

Sargent 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

I would like to see the line up below. I expect to see a 4-4-2 with Barnes behind Sargent.

Gunn

Stacey Duffy McClean Gianoulis

Gibbs Nunez

Rowe Sara Sainz

Sargent 

I dont think Gibbs should start personally. Looked like a headless chicken recently. I would look to move Kenny to midfield and put a competent defender alongside Duffy (if we have one). It will most likely see the return of Gibson...hopefully we dont see Hernadez starting or start of in some form of defensive must survive mode or im gonna go and support Man City #truefan

35 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I dont think Gibbs should start personally. Looked like a headless chicken recently. I would look to move Kenny to midfield and put a competent defender alongside Duffy (if we have one). It will most likely see the return of Gibson...hopefully we dont see Hernadez starting or start of in some form of defensive must survive mode or im gonna go and support Man City #truefan

Or Barnes

39 minutes ago, daly said:

Or Barnes

If Barnes starts he should be able to hold the ball up at least and get us further up the field. 

• Like 1

I'm hoping it doesn't happen, but I'm half-expecting Wagner to start with the same formation as against Southampton. Avoided defeat, could have won. That'd be enough justification for him to stick. 

The usual- 4-4-2, Hernandez starts, we look decent in the opening 12 minutes before fading as normal and lose 2-1 (I. Error (43', 76') - Rowe (94')

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

The usual- 4-4-2, Hernandez starts, we look decent in the opening 12 minutes before fading as normal and lose 2-1 (I. Error (43', 76') - Rowe (94')

Yes, most likely it will be a waste of my time watching the game this evening, but I will. 

Something smells off at the club at the moment and its not Delias cooking, it would seem its a multitude of different issues all combining into dire straits regardless of the odd positive result sandwiched in between dross displays and losses. 

2 hours ago, mrdi said:

I'm hoping it doesn't happen, but I'm half-expecting Wagner to start with the same formation as against Southampton. Avoided defeat, could have won. That'd be enough justification for him to stick. 

Having to watch us play five at the back and have 20 percent possession every single match for the rest of the season..

Not sure I could cope

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Grando said:

He'll probably start with Springett or some such randomness...

At full-back.

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Having to watch us play five at the back and have 20 percent possession every single match for the rest of the season..

Not sure I could cope

There are different iterations of '5 at the back' though. Southampton played a Christmas Tree 3-4-2-1. Looked very nice on the grass from my lofty perch in the Upper Barclay. Lots of pass and move and triangles, but what they did is move up as a team to the extent that all their players were in our half. We really don't have the players to play that way.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

There are different iterations of '5 at the back' though. Southampton played a Christmas Tree 3-4-2-1. Looked very nice on the grass from my lofty perch in the Upper Barclay. Lots of pass and move and triangles, but what they did is move up as a team to the extent that all their players were in our half. We really don't have the players to play that way.

It can work, but only if the players move the ball QUICKLY! That is where this season has disappeared for many - the lack of real pace in moving the ball under control. Sara, Nunez, Rowe, Gibbs, Sarge, Kenny even, can all do it. Why they don't most of the time is the difficult question Wagner has to answer - is he stopping them (by either fear or design)? 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

It can work, but only if the players move the ball QUICKLY! That is where this season has disappeared for many - the lack of real pace in moving the ball under control. Sara, Nunez, Rowe, Gibbs, Sarge, Kenny even, can all do it. Why they don't most of the time is the difficult question Wagner has to answer - is he stopping them (by either fear or design)? 

Be nice if our team decided to try passing forward rather than backwards and side to side.. Watching us does feel like this sometimes

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

The guy who does the tactical analysis for the pinkun and on Twitter seems to think it’s deliberate and the way we look to draw teams into pressing us so we can then beat the press. 

I'd like us to play a 4-3-3 with a new DM loaned from somewhere. Mclean looks very competent as a CB and helps us play out from the back. He doesn't offer much more playing in CM so adds more benefit to the team playing CB. 

All season this and last, our midfield has been the Achilles heel, by proxy inviting too much pressure onto the defence. We're crying out for a proper DM. For now we may as well put Sorenson in there over other options but I don't see him as the long-term fix. 

Gunn

Stacey  Duffy   Mclean   Giann

Nunez   NEW DM  Sara

Rowe     Sargent    Borja 

Hull having issues with the pitch what will be relayed at the end of the season. The same for both sides but Tigers fans saying it’s affecting their play. Match nearly a sell out in home areas so the atmosphere could be good tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hull having issues with the pitch what will be relayed at the end of the season. The same for both sides but Tigers fans saying it’s affecting their play. Match nearly a sell out in home areas so the atmosphere could be good tonight. 

Not really much of an excuse beacause I swear half the matches I see Hull play their pitch is a mess due to the rugby so you would think the team would be used to it by now and if anything you would think it's the teams like us that play them that would have more issues with it

22 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bovril said:

I'd like us to play a 4-3-3 with a new DM loaned from somewhere. Mclean looks very competent as a CB and helps us play out from the back. He doesn't offer much more playing in CM so adds more benefit to the team playing CB. 

All season this and last, our midfield has been the Achilles heel, by proxy inviting too much pressure onto the defence. We're crying out for a proper DM. For now we may as well put Sorenson in there over other options but I don't see him as the long-term fix. 

Gunn

Stacey  Duffy   Mclean   Giann

Nunez   NEW DM  Sara

Rowe     Sargent    Borja 

Id go with, maybe with Gibbs in the middle. We've played better with Mclean in defence, and are slower with him in midfield so why change it.

But Wagner will. Ive reached total apathy over his formation and the results. Under Wagner just cant get excited, nor get demoralised if we lose. To me thats the state of the club and we now show zero ambition atm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

The guy who does the tactical analysis for the pinkun and on Twitter seems to think it’s deliberate and the way we look to draw teams into pressing us so we can then beat the press. 

A lot of the 'top' teams are doing this, these days. I see man city, liverpool, brighton, etc. defenders put their foot on the ball and play a game of cat and mouse with the pressing forwards.

I guess its why Kenny passes as a CB now (pun intended), and Duffy looks much better when our backs are against the wall, than trying to build anything.

2 hours ago, mrdi said:

Looks worse than Glastonbury mud. The first two goals were fairly decent given the horrific pitch.

I’d actually forgotten about Sorensen. Happy for him to come in instead of Gibbs next to Nunez as an alternative 

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

True, but after creating that space after beating the press we very rarely attack it at pace. That's what is missing. We are so ponderous that any advantage gained is lost as we move the ball forward. 

• Like 2