Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Third of the way into the transfer window!

Expected it the be fairly quiet, but with Knapper in was expecting at least a couple younger players loaned in to strengthen a mediocre squad! Still nothing apart from Hwang going back.

Anyone expecting more by now?

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Expected it the be fairly quiet, but with Knapper in was expecting at least a couple younger players loaned in to strengthen a mediocre squad! Still nothing apart from Hwang going back.

They’re probably struggling with recruitment because the clubs recruitment  process feels like it’s in disarray, but yeah I’d have hoped something might have happened if I’m honest however impatient that may make me sound!

With the state of nearly everything at the football club I no longer hold out any form of hope in every single aspect of everything. We are regressing and can only see it getting worse unless things change - by that there needs to be an overhaul of staff and probably a different figure at the top as it seems Delia and Michael want to spend nothing and hope for promotion.

Edited by andrew norwichcity

A lot might depend on the next three league games Hull, West Brom and Leeds.

Fail to win any of them and look any money we spend is pointless as promotion is well and truly gone.

However if by some miracle we win 2 of them or even all 3 it’s likely we’ll be in the playoffs on deadline day. Then we might see some movement.

Or more likely we’ll take 4 points and the inertia will continue 

It all makes more sense and is much easier to process when you accept we're not going up nor are we going down so a 6 month loan doesn't make any sense unless it is someone we think we could keep longer term.

• Like 2

I don’t see much point in bringing anyone in on loan to be honest. It seems like we’re more than happy to write the season off by keeping Wagner so any short term addition is pointless. 

Most important is to start doing what Knapper mentioned at the AGM, bringing the average age of the squad down. The problem is that I don’t think many clubs will be jumping at the chance to sign any of the older lads and with the finances being what they are I imagine it’s a case of outgoings first before anyone comes in. 

To be honest I don't even care if we go up at this stage. It would be nice if we were able to enjoy the football though, right? We regularly play terrible football where the tactics for the fans are not really enjoyable. No one walks away saying we genuinely played well do they?

• Like 2

The club is in disarray we need to get the points on the board to stay up , if that requires recruitment so be it.

Then once that is secured we can get a proper sports director and a new head coach 

I have to say that I am surprised that we are this far in without any additions to the squad.
Of course the prospect of possible promotion might have a bearing on things but I would have thought that Knapper must be aware of our shortcomings and need for players in certain areas.
Since being offered the position he has had ample time to do his research and should be fully acquainted with our need for quality players in certain positions besides the added question of whether he needs to make a decision with regard to the head coach.

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

It all makes more sense and is much easier to process when you accept we're not going up nor are we going down so a 6 month loan doesn't make any sense unless it is someone we think we could keep longer term.

Yeah but it's wrong to expect fans to accept that when we're (somehow) only 5 points from the play-offs. I guess that's the problem.

• Confused 1

Also we are 1/3 into window and we're down a player so my projection is we end the windows with 3 less players than we had and it gets very grumpy on here.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Also we are 1/3 into window and we're down a player so my projection is we end the windows with 3 less players than we had and it gets very grumpy on here.

Just the way I like it 

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Why always with a smart Alec remark?

If your previous post makes you think we should be more positive about our chances of top six then surely you too are a tad surprised not to see players lined up or in?

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2

...and still no CDM

Think we can deduce the club dont see it as a priority. Could understand not getting one in Jan until now with the FA Cup game...but to not have one in time for Hull and/or WBA ?

We dont help ourselves

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

To be honest, I didn't really expect any incoming. Any, other than youngsters, would and could only be seen as a panic buy. Anyone of any ability is unlikely to be available in this transfer window and any 'decent loans' are likely to get a better offer from a team higher up the table than ourselves. 

I addition, as it seems that Wagner is going to be with us for the foreseeable future, players will see us as a team/club in disarray, with a 'dead man walking' at the helm. Not much incentive to join. 

As we are going neither up nor down, we are into a further period of stagnation. Better to save any money that we may have until the summer when a new manager, playing system and overall approach may be in place. 

Not an approach that I particularly like, but a realistic one. 

25 minutes ago, king canary said:

Wasn’t knapper suggestion that the age needed to come down and Attanasio might need to generate capital suggest if anything we are looking at permanent transfers ?

Third through the window and about a third of the championship teams have brought in players. With most of them being loans. 

I expect most business will be done in the last 24 hours as normal. I look forward to waking up on February 1st to read that we've signed some guy I've never heard of who isn't a defensive midfielder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

They’re probably struggling with recruitment because the clubs recruitment  process feels like it’s in disarray

Or because anybody worth taking on loan is holding out to see if one of the top 6 best sides in the league fancies taking them.

Unfortunately we're not going to be many people's plan A, we are no more attractive than a Bristol City, Cardiff, Coventry, Preston. 

28 minutes ago, hogesar said:

As it should! 

29 minutes ago, Indy said:

Why always with a smart Alec remark?

If your previous post makes you think we should be more positive about our chances of top six then surely you too are a tad surprised not to see players lined up or in?

It was uhhh...just a joke. 

• Confused 1

Do you lot never learn!    What is the point of a loan player right now?    We strive for play-offs, we don't develop, we compete for play-offs with another 10 plus teams (our chances more unlikely) and we don't develop, we loan someone so one of our own doesn't develop, and if we get promoted by some freak chance, we'll get annihilated, embarrassed and come back down having spent all the EPL money trying to somehow compete (like we did the previous times).... and we don't develop.     

We need to get Gibbs, Warner and perhaps others from the U23s in the team / squad and find some gems to actually sign, not loan.    A young CDM perhaps, a young playmaker... they are about no doubt, the worlds a big place with lots of players to scout... which brings us back to the fundamental problem. 

We couldn't trust our recruitment to identify a decent player in the first place so how about we focus all our transfer activity on a new recruitment team first!      Alternatively, we can carry on blindly with no plan, prospects and hope and continue the regression.   Whilst promotion is the aim, this club is only getting further away from it.   

• Like 1

We haven't got any money, unless we sell.

Not expecting any incomings of significance.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

I'd rather not sign anyone than panic more trash in.

Pretty sure the summer will be the interesting part, write this season off and just enjoy the football when you can.

Said this before but we have lost Hwang which is essentially like having a new signing.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, andrew norwichcity said:

With the state of nearly everything at the football club I no longer hold out any form of hope in every single aspect of everything. We are regressing and can only see it getting worse unless things change - by that there needs to be an overhaul of staff and probably a different figure at the top as it seems Delia and Michael want to spend nothing and hope for promotion.

I honestly don’t think the latter want promotion at all. I think mid table in the Championship suits them just fine 

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Wasn’t knapper suggestion that the age needed to come down and Attanasio might need to generate capital suggest if anything we are looking at permanent transfers ?

i think at the AGM ? MA said webber was on the phone to him last transfer window ,

Many think that was as MA was more involved ,

my thoughts are he was the one who had the only money we could spend ,

So webber was in touch can we borrow xyz if we want to sign this player etc ? 

No point phoning Delia and MWJ saying we can get XYZ if you put in £5 million 

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Third through the window and about a third of the championship teams have brought in players. With most of them being loans. 

I expect most business will be done in the last 24 hours as normal. I look forward to waking up on February 1st to read that we've signed some guy I've never heard of who isn't a defensive midfielder.

But in order to buy this player we had to sell Jonny Rowe đŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚