Sign in to follow this  
JonnyJonnyRowe

Bristol Rovers Official Match Thread

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

"F*ck this boys we are shocking, dunno about you lot but I'm beating the traffic"

Splitter! 

O NO - Radio Norfolk having to edit some interviews has naughty words directed at Wagner- shock shock

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Yes Wagner is to blame to a degree, but the players are ****e! That defence with Hanley & Baath is utterly rubbish, lucky not to lose, really poor signings in the summer all appear to be here just picking up the money before they retire!

He’s more than a degree to blame. Whilst I agree there’s a lot of dross in this squad, a better manager still gets more from the rest. He has to go. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The reason I can think of for not acting is that Knapper has someone in mind who is not currently available (Cuesta?). Would rather the right man in the summer than the wrong man now.

Even if so, get a ****ing caretaker in, we can't carry on with this nonsense anymore

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

The squad we had in the Premier League 2nd time around was League One standard then with a few Championship level players. It was a minor miracle we didn't get relegated with the worst ever points total that season. 

That said, this league (Championship) is also escapable with an average squad if a manager has a plan and half an idea to play pressing football, see Sheffield United and their squad last year. 

This is an average to below squad with an average to below manager. 

• Like 2

Just now, S_81 said:

He’s more than a degree to blame. Whilst I agree there’s a lot of dross in this squad, a better manager still gets more from the rest. He has to go. 

Would they? I’m not sure, there’s a lot of **** in that squad, but Wagners time is definitely coming to an end! But please don’t replace him with another failed sacked ****e manager go and get Carlos Cuesta & Whiltshire! No matter the cost!

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Even if so, get a ****ing caretaker in, we can't carry on with this nonsense anymore

I still think Wagner is the caretaker, but I take the point.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Indy said:

Would they? I’m not sure, there’s a lot of **** in that squad, but Wagners time is definitely coming to an end! But please don’t replace him with another failed sacked ****e manager go and get Carlos Cuesta & Whiltshire! No matter the cost!

There’s a huge squad overhaul needed. Webber totally screwed us. But without injuries there’s a core of an 11 that with some Jan business (even just loans) the right manager can push us on for the second half of the season. ProMotion unlikely, but something to then build on in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, S_81 said:

There’s a huge squad overhaul needed. Webber totally screwed us. But without injuries there’s a core of an 11 that with some Jan business (even just loans) the right manager can push us on for the second half of the season. ProMotion unlikely, but something to then build on in the summer.

Gunn, Rowe, Hanley, (maybe Duffy), McLean, Sara, Sargent are certainly a good enough core spine for playoff contention.

Just now, S_81 said:

Yes there is but a failed manager replacement goes to experience and that won’t move us forwards!

We need an overhaul and a fresh way that’s why we need someone new youmg hungry & talented! Carlos Cuesta now!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Gunn, Rowe, Hanley, (maybe Duffy), McLean, Sara, Sargent are certainly a good enough core spine for playoff contention.

Duffy no, but add Rowe, Nunez & Sainz. But we need a fresh coach not a failed one again!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2

This is a squad with three players who are as good in their position as almost anyone in the league - Sara, Rowe, and Sargent. Perhaps Gunn is also in that group. Then there is someone like Sainz who is probably good enough once he's adapted a little more. I'd personally say Dimi and Nunez are up to decent Championship standard. But then ... ?

And they are being horribly mismanaged. Again, as for almost every game in the last hundred, there was no midfield at all. P*ss around at the back and then boot a diagonal ball to the channels. One idea. 

• Like 1

Wagner will be sacked if NCFC go out of the FA Cup, because that is the only way they can raise revenue for the transfer market, other than selling Rowe, Sara and Sergeant.!

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If played in the right positions and well coached as a unit, I agree. Albeit Hanley’s time here should also be coming to an end in the not too distant future. But his occasional error looks world class amongst the rest of our centre backs. 

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

This is a squad with three players who are as good in their position as almost anyone in the league - Sara, Rowe, and Sargent. Perhaps Gunn is also in that group. Then there is someone like Sainz who is probably good enough once he's adapted a little more. I'd personally say Dimi and Nunez are up to decent Championship standard. But then ... ?

And they are being horribly mismanaged. Again, as for almost every game in the last hundred, there was no midfield at all. P*ss around at the back and then boot a diagonal ball to the channels. One idea. 

I suppose that's the issue. Bar three or four players our team is just a bog standard midtable championship side.

Just now, City 2nd said:

Wagner will be sacked if NCFC go out of the FA Cup, because that is the only way they can raise revenue for the transfer market, other than selling Rowe, Sara and Sergeant.!

Well, I’d back them to beat us in the replay 

Well played the Gas, enjoyed my time living in Bristol in Montpelier, Jamie Cureton style

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

I suppose that's the issue. Bar three or four players our team is just a bog standard midtable championship side.

Many in the championship are average sides with a few talented players. That’s where the quality of the manager comes into play 

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Sainz is bit of a one trick pony, cuts in and tries to shoot. Needs to be a better team player in my mind.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That barely laid a glove on a mid-table League One team. Oh how far we have fallen.

• Like 1

Wagners landed himself a problem now

Hull away

Bristol r   away

Wba home

Leeds away....a run that could cost him his job

Relying on Leeds winning their cup game tomorrow now to at least get the away game there postponed on 4th round day

Given our limited finances and the open transfer window, should we now...

• Give the fraudulent tactical genius the funds we have to try and salvage something from this season?
  • Give the fraudulent tactical genius the funds along with his P45 to never darken our doors again, leaving us to go with what we've got and limp towards the end of the season?

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Wagners landed himself a problem now

Hull away

Bristol r   away

Wba home

Leeds away....a run that could cost him his job

Relying on Leeds winning their cup game tomorrow now to at least get the away game there postponed on 4th round day

But all that depends upon the club actually acting. Still can’t be confident of that. Not the way Delia was speaking at the AGM