Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Baggies V Canaries*

4 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Really really soft from the ref. 

From the replay, looks like Sainz was asking for a card for a Brum player for an earlier foul. Put his hand up mimicking a card.

And that's a yellow card offence which has been clamped down on this season. 

I didn't see Sainz make the gesture, but if he did, then he deserved the yellow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well that's a Yellow then!

Not a bookable offence in my opinion. 

I dislike players doing it but surely the ref could of pulled McLean over and told him to calm his player? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I didn't see Sainz make the gesture, but if he did, then he deserved the yellow.

wba player should have been booked too then in sainzs initial booking if so.  

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Na, there's other ways around on clamping down with it. Especially if a player is already on a yellow. It's too harsh! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's been shown on SSN, he definitely makes the gesture 

3 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Na, there's other ways around on clamping down with it. Especially if a player is already on a yellow. It's too harsh! 

Regardless of whether you think it's harsh or whether it should be a yellow in your opinion, the EFL made it clear at the start of the season that waving an imaginary card is a yellow card offence, and that instruction has been followed this season. 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Regardless of whether you think it's harsh or whether it should be a yellow in your opinion, the EFL made it clear at the start of the season that waving an imaginary card is a yellow card offence, and that instruction has been followed this season. 

Yep, and I'm entitled to my opinion. It's too harsh, especially when a player is already on a yellow.

Again, I dislike players doing it but the referee needs to use his head in this situation. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

The replay seems like the ref told him to stop and he just carried on. 

If the ref told him to stop and he carried on he really is an idiot, he’s on a yellow and was given the chance to avoid the second and didn’t. Good player but he needs to be more professional than that.

Edited by Monty13

Pathetically thin skinned from the ref

Glad I havent spent good money to travel there for the game to be potentially ruined/decided by a little jobsworth making it about him.

May the referee's yuletide log slip from his fire and burn his house down

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Really really soft from the ref. 

From the replay, looks like Sainz was asking for a card for a Brum player for an earlier foul. Put his hand up mimicking a card.

If you do the ‘give him a card’ motion to the ref, you deserve a card yourself. I’ve always hated players doing that. 

But then I also think players should get a yellow for committing a foul throw-in, so… 

Really hope we don’t sacrifice Rowe at HT though whatever Wagner does this one’s on Sainz…silly, stupid, naive, just totally avoidable. Tbf the ref isn’t having a bad game either, letting play flow and playing advantage.

15 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Down to 10. A nice excuse now for the inevitable defeat for Wagner and the happy clappers.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

What happened to Keith Nott?

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

On another note, look at the absolute state of the referees tin tin haircut.

Look I know you want to feel young but a quick message to all you men out there with very big obvious bald spots..

Don't get a short sides cut you look ridiculous

14 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Sainz shouldn’t be sent off for that, I’m sorry. Referees trying to make a name for himself.

Sorry to tell you this mate, but you’ll never be on strictly. You absolute whopper.

He knew he wanted to book Sainz the minute he said anything. Just another weirdo referee.

Bizarre take on what happened. First yellow nailed on. Second he had no choice. Silly from Sainz. Just another weirdo post.

1 minute ago, mrdi said:

If you do the ‘give him a card’ motion to the ref, you deserve a card yourself. I’ve always hated players doing that. 

But then I also think players should get a yellow for committing a foul throw-in, so… 

Yeah a card for a foul throw is a bit weird! Lol 

6 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

Yep, and I'm entitled to my opinion. It's too harsh, especially when a player is already on a yellow.

Again, I dislike players doing it but the referee needs to use his head in this situation. 

You are entitled to your opinion. But even if you personally think it's not a yellow card offence, the laws of the game and the EFL directives say otherwise.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Given how it has changed this game I can only presume it is another of these idiot rule changes which refs have to follow to the letter.

A half dozen players crowd round the ref and no action. One overexcited player and off he goes with a third of the game gone.

Yep, that makes sense.

9 minutes ago, 7HAR1980 said:

You are being far too charitable to Sainz here.

If you are on a yellow then don't go scream and shouting at the ref, get your captain to do it, common sense.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

Pathetic from the referee 

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Apart from for the West Brom player in this match