Graham Paddons Beard

According to Binny McKenna

4 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

The pressure will be all on them when we play them and they will be cr@pping themselves over the thought of Sargent, Rowe, Sainz and Sara running at them. They know it and we know it.

Of course I hope we win but if losing means they don’t get promotion I’ll take that any day of the week.

They will need to be back in second by April, 6 games

in order

S'oton, Norwich, Watford, Boro, Coventry, Hull

On 04/02/2024 at 14:12, BroadstairsR said:

So many of your postings contain digs at your fellow fans on here. It's a regular habit.

Genuine question: Do you somehow think you are superior to "those Norwich fans" you have now singled out?

I, personally, was amazed at the almost unprecedented and unfaltering start that the Binners  had to the season and thought McKenna some kind of freak, envying them for having him whilst we were all over the place under Wagner.

It certainly wasn't a "love in"by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm delighted at their current slump though I'm not certain it will continue and whilst they'll likely not return to early season form they seem to have built up enough points to ensure a play-off place already. Only relegated sides with parachute money and quality players have rivalled them. A decent achievement, even though it is difficult for us Canary fans to swallow.   

I wouldn't say I was amazed but I certainly thought they looked like they were a bulldozer of a side. Very annoying.

However, I was also saying to fellow yellows to wait until after December and any significant injuries to see if the incline was terminal. The Championship winter is always the real test.

I'd say they're fairly nailed on for the playoffs. But we all know how they do in cup finals...

The only comment I have is that I just wish the support would actually sing "On the Ball City" in the old way rather than use that awful chant we get nowadays.

I remember an old Spurs supporting friend of mine recalling a visit to Carrow Road as an away fan after witnessing a Norwich victory.

"When they kept bursting into that soddin' song, I knew we didn't stand a chance."

He then sang it.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Surely thats trolling?? Its so lame its untrue.

All the hallmarks of ChatGPT. Perhaps that's where Sheeran gets his lyrics. Apparently he gets his melodies from other songwriters.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

The only comment I have is that I just wish the support would actually sing "On the Ball City" in the old way rather than use that awful chant we get nowadays.

I remember an old Spurs supporting friend of mine recalling a visit to Carrow Road as an away fan after witnessing a Norwich victory.

"When they kept bursting into that soddin' song, I knew we didn't stand a chance."

He then sang it.

We don’t ever sing on the ball city now anyway. One thing the drum has killed.

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

He then sang it.

How does the previous version differ?

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

How does the previous version differ?

Perhaps it doesn't then.

What's the chant all about?

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Perhaps it doesn't then.

What's the chant all about?

It was a genuine question, I don't remember it being done differently to how it is now.

16 minutes ago, Satriales said:

It was a genuine question, I don't remember it being done differently to how it is now.

It is a number of years now since I visited the shrine.

I used to come regularly when I had a family occasion to make a week-end of it.

The lack of those in time, and the lockdown, seem to have spelled the end for me. Hope not though.

I'm talking about the chant-like rendering at the beginning of a game. 

Edited by BroadstairsR

5 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Some people say it's sung too quickly 

• Like 1

It isn't sung with much gusto nowadays. I missed kickoff Saturday so can't comment for the last home game but I can't recall it being sung during the game either.

There doesn't seem to be enough passion in the fans to want to belt it out. 

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

It is sung like a rap now rather than its original hymn like arrangement. The last couple of lines of the chorus are hardly ever sung by the majority, who seemingly can't wait to shout City! City! City! and clap. But the last line of "Hurrah, we've scored a goal" is surely the most evocative part of the chorus!

When you hear what Spuds and Soton have done with "their" anthems, slowing them down beyond even the original arrangement, you can appreciate the passion of the singing and understand why a club anthem sung well could scare the opposition. I suggest the club should work with some local young music arrangers to release a modern version of the song where all the lyrics are audible, and at such a pace that the emotion of the supporters is felt by the opposition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

I leave this without comment.

IMG_2444.jpeg

This is the best thing I've ever seen. Imagine if they did that? I don't think I could cope.

43 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

🤔 20 points now 😂

When will you drop the points thing.

All you need to say in Premier League Vs Championship, I mean you did get promoted in October after all 😉

50 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

🤔 20 points now 😂

Welcome back, missed you loads. Was that the gap between you and Leeds at one time ?

Struggle to beat Rotherham and Birmingham and back you wander like a little lost lamb.

34 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Welcome back, missed you loads. Was that the gap between you and Leeds at one time ?

Struggle to beat Rotherham and Birmingham and back you wander like a little lost lamb.

Ipswich 10 were points ahead of Leeds and level on points with Leicester.
Now level on points with Leeds and 6 points behind Leicester.

Apparently it wasn’t just another game this time . It was a rubbish game. Everyone was poor. The ref , both teams , the grass . Everything 

He has got a weasels face hasn’t he? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Apparently it wasn’t just another game this time . It was a rubbish game. Everyone was poor. The ref , both teams , the grass . Everything 

He has got a weasels face hasn’t he? 

Salty little git isn't he. 

• Haha 1

On 05/02/2024 at 21:08, Captain Holt said:

IMG_2444.jpeg

On 05/02/2024 at 21:08, Captain Holt said:

IMG_2444.jpeg

Hardly Bob Dylan or Leonard Cohen or Lou Reed or Ray Davies, is he?