Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Tonight’s Attendance

The most empty seats that I’ve seen this season. A good indicator will be the attendance at the FA Cup game in January when season ticket holders have to pay for their seats.

Just now, S27 said:

The most empty seats that I’ve seen this season. A good indicator will be the attendance at the FA Cup game in January when season ticket holders have to pay for their seats.

I'm genuinely scratching my head as to when a league game was so poorly attended.

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Possibly the Roeder season, otherwise 2000/2001 season. 

I was thinking early 2002 to be honest, before the run that got us top 6.

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Did you count them?

And the party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I was thinking early 2002 to be honest, before the run that got us top 6.

I think 2001/2002 was pretty much full from the start? I remember a good vibe after the Libra Man City winner.. we had a cracking home record and terrible away. 

52 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Very decent, 25,521 including the 3,000 who stayed at home. 

Ha ha ha. More chance of me having a pint with Beyoncé in the Queen of Iceni tomorrow night than there being anywhere near 25k in tonight . 

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think 2001/2002 was pretty much full from the start? I remember a good vibe after the Libra Man City winner.. we had a cracking home record and terrible away. 

Think we only lost 2 at home that season.

20 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

There was less than 20,000 in there tonight.

About right in my opinion possibly 21-22k max.

Infact, just before kickoff there were so many empty seats as supporters entered very late, It was quite clear what people thought. 

Does anyone actually know how they actually count the attendance, is it through turnstiles or sales for that game including all season tickets regardless of if they turned up?

Presumably the club know the actual number of people present in the crowd? I’d assume they’d have to know the real crowd for health & safety purposes etc. I wonder if they’re concerned by the number of ST holders currently staying away - presumably Delia thinks they’re the 20%…

34 minutes ago, Indy said:

Does anyone actually know how they actually count the attendance, is it through turnstiles or sales for that game including all season tickets regardless of if they turned up?

Tickets sold is used to determine the attendance, not actual numbers through the turnstiles. On that basis we will never have an attendance below 22k currently due to the amount of season ticket holders. They used to announce the attendance (based on tickets sold) and then give the percentage actual attendance, but stopped that a number of years ago. Most clubs use the same metric as us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nu_matik said:

Depends on your outlook 😉

it will be on the tickets sold including season tickets.  it doesn't matter if the bum was on the seat

Just commented on match thread about the empty seats.

Couldn't have been more than 22,000 but still decent compared to some teams.

52 minutes ago, Indy said:

Pretty sure official attendance is ticket sales.

Edited by Monty13

20k ish, on a wet...midweek....sky red button game... with 20% of the club on a whinge ... Delia and MWJ are terrible humans...cyclists should pay road tax...Norwich Market was better with cloth rooves... Does anyone remember Mackintoshes!!!???

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Very decent, 25,521 including the 3,000 who stayed at home. 

That because we have failed to increase the capacity. A new stand (8000) replacing the City Stand and we would have had an attendance of over 30,000 tonight.

• Haha 3