Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Tonight’s Attendance

5 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

What a daft reply, I am guessing Midlands lives......well in the Midlands.

My only (well documented) beef with NCFC supporters that watch a lot of games via a screen is if they start telling me they get a better view of the game on their mahoosive plasma screen than I do at Carrow Rd.

It is also a fact the number of empty seats was more noticeable last night, quite a few near where I sit.

Personally I do not think the empty seats can be attributed to one thing, there might have been some supporters not turning up in protest but I suspect it was more down to the time of year, the paucity of public transport in Norfolk/Suffolk in the evenings and the fact the game was available on TV.........

Not so daft. 

Even all your reply above is about issues for the season ticket holders who didn't go. Not those who wouldn't be there whatever.

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not so daft. 

Even all your reply above is about issues for the season ticket holders who didn't go. Not those who wouldn't be there whatever.

Even though he doesn't mention Season ticket holders in his post! 

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Even though he doesn't mention Season ticket holders in his post! 

I expect he was talking about casuals who didn't turn up. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I expect he was talking about casuals who didn't turn up. 

But that isnt what you said! 

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not so daft. 

Nice to know you couldn't resist unblocking me! Again! 

Merry Christmas NN! 

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Looked about 21, 22k. I thought it was going to be lower but as the game kicked off it filled up around us in the lower Barclay, with only 2 spare seats in view around me. 

Midweek game on Sky, still a good attendance compared to league average.

Nothing the club can do but win games, because the fans have a preconceived view before turning up (or not) and refuse to change it. Those calling last night woeful really need to re-evaluate.

I'm really hoping a couple thousand season ticket holders who can't be bothered, aren't interested in supporting finally pack it in this time. 

It’s not just about winning.

Winning is obviously a good option but people want to see a bit of style too. Perhaps then there’d be more bums on seats and many of those that are there wouldn’t prefer to talk about the price of things and which in-laws they’ll have the pleasure of entertaining over the Christmas period.

Yesterday the showing looked better than it has for weeks but old habits die hard. Make it worth going to watch and more people will come

26 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

But that isnt what you said! 

Nice to know you couldn't resist unblocking me! Again! 

Merry Christmas NN! 

Never blocked anyone. Never reported a post. Unlike you. Remember the hissy fit with Duncan “has your dad blocked me” lol as if!!! 
Happy New Prosperous x

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Winning is obviously a good option but people want to see a bit of style too. Perhaps then there’d be more bums on seats and many of those that are there wouldn’t prefer to talk about the price of things and which in-laws they’ll have the pleasure of entertaining over the Christmas period.

Yesterday the showing looked better than it has for weeks but old habits die hard. Make it worth going to watch and more people will come

It’s been like it since Covid. Perhaps people got too used to their armchairs.

4 hours ago, RobJames said:

It would be interesting to see how many of the empty seats were ST holders and how many were non sold casual seats. It does highlight the delusion that ground expansion (capacity) will generate higher attendance and greater revenue. If we are still in the CHs next season, I suspect there will be a similar number of empty seats for most games.

I had to give my season ticket seat away. Pointless using buyback as the club would never have sold it.

I thought someone else could have the ( dubious ) pleasure of being there instead ( wink )

8 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It’s been like it since Covid. Perhaps people got too used to their armchairs.

You may well be right Nutty.

The siren call of a handy red button snuggled into a nice warm settee with a beer  v a 160-mile round trip getting home at God-knows-when-o’clock on a cold December evening was a bit of a no contest.

43 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Nah, it always comes down to winning. If we win 10 in a row playing a similar way to the last 2 home games I guarantee the fans come back. 

Fans have a duty to offer some level of support too, it was like a morgue and Sheff Weds fans I spoke to couldn't believe how awful our fans were until the 3rd goal went in, they thought we were generally in control and looked the better side and questioned why it was so quiet.

Improve the atmosphere from the off can only help with on the pitch performances and people generally enjoy it better too. Sitting there (or sitting at home) with some high and mighty expectation of every game being peak Farkeball doesn't really was with me. Of course, I'm not applying that to you but there's some it certainly does apply to.

The attendance has always been tickets sold rather than bums on seats. I remember a time though when they would announce the crowd with a % too, so 25,400 (92%) for example,  I always assumed the % was the actual turn out.

18 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

The attendance has always been tickets sold rather than bums on seats. I remember a time though when they would announce the crowd with a % too, so 25,400 (92%) for example,  I always assumed the % was the actual turn out.

Yes. I asked if they would restate it but the response was NO.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Not so daft. 

But do we know Midlands would not go every week if they lived within easy travelling distance of Carrow Rd?......

7 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

But do we know Midlands would not go every week if they lived within easy travelling distance of Carrow Rd?......

Yes I must apologise for living 120 miles away and working full time. I could ask why Nutty doesn’t attend all away matches within a similar distance. I’m sure his bog cleaning pension could cover the expense. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

This is probably true. And whilst I have sympathy for that, the executive have to try and recognise this will be an issue and use it as a basis to recruit the new "local" fans for the future. They really need to fix the ST re-selling system so that the holder is properly remunerated for timely surrendering of their ticket when they know they won't attend and access to the ST for casual attenders is accessible, affordable and timely. Even having local school children on standby to receive the ST's has to be a better way of both filling the ground to improve the atmosphere and also to ensure a bit of secondary spend to compensate for the payment to the ST holder.

The lack of imaginative ideas to respond to the decline in real attendance is just a symptom of the total lack of proper engagement with, and development of, our fanbase from the executive. Time for some sharp talking. 

The club has simply got to do better at increasing availability and the pricing of casual tickets. Fixing the price at the beginning of the season is pretty daft really.

Whilst it was the Christmas period it was also an opportunity to sell to a few people as part of a Christmas night out. I mean they even have a pub now so could have done a drink deal as part of the admission price.

There are so many aspects of the club that seem pretty woeful, they really do need to wake up.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Did you count them?

I started counting when all the subs came on , but everyone disappeared.  

18 hours ago, Grando said:

Presumably the club know the actual number of people present in the crowd? I’d assume they’d have to know the real crowd for health & safety purposes etc. I wonder if they’re concerned by the number of ST holders currently staying away - presumably Delia thinks they’re the 20%…

Unfortunately for her the 20% she targeted are the loyal fans who care. Not the 80 % who left with 10 mins to go. 

11 hours ago, Conrad said:

From my seat in the River End, I could see that there were also plenty of spare seats in the Barclay, particularly the upper tier. Spaces everywhere tonight.

Absolutely loads of empty seats round me in top of barclay and the river end looked about 70% full. Lucky Sheffield bought a good following.  

6 hours ago, hogesar said:

Looked about 21, 22k. I thought it was going to be lower but as the game kicked off it filled up around us in the lower Barclay, with only 2 spare seats in view around me. 

Midweek game on Sky, still a good attendance compared to league average.

Nothing the club can do but win games, because the fans have a preconceived view before turning up (or not) and refuse to change it. Those calling last night woeful really need to re-evaluate.

I'm really hoping a couple thousand season ticket holders who can't be bothered, aren't interested in supporting finally pack it in this time. 

Trouble is they fund the club , so which ones do you want to leave? The ones who still care and vocally support the team during the game , but voice their opinion if its not good enough? Or the ones who sit in silence,  boo abit and then leave in their thousands with ten minutes to go. Do you think the players watch the fans all get up and leave. 

1 hour ago, Ness Point Runner said:

So. If I get it right.

All the attendance numbers are always false ? Meaning 92% of 25,400,  meaning 23,368. Mmm.

Is this what everybody does ?

Or just a City thing ?

Everyone does it. 

9 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

What a daft reply, I am guessing Midlands lives......well in the Midlands.

My only (well documented) beef with NCFC supporters that watch a lot of games via a screen is if they start telling me they get a better view of the game on their mahoosive plasma screen than I do at Carrow Rd.

It is also a fact the number of empty seats was more noticeable last night, quite a few near where I sit.

Personally I do not think the empty seats can be attributed to one thing, there might have been some supporters not turning up in protest but I suspect it was more down to the time of year, the paucity of public transport in Norfolk/Suffolk in the evenings and the fact the game was available on TV.........

And mainly not being bothered, how can people blame the weather,  its December and it was dry and fairly warm.  

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Nah, it always comes down to winning. If we win 10 in a row playing a similar way to the last 2 home games I guarantee the fans come back. 

Fans have a duty to offer some level of support too, it was like a morgue and Sheff Weds fans I spoke to couldn't believe how awful our fans were until the 3rd goal went in, they thought we were generally in control and looked the better side and questioned why it was so quiet.

Improve the atmosphere from the off can only help with on the pitch performances and people generally enjoy it better too. Sitting there (or sitting at home) with some high and mighty expectation of every game being peak Farkeball doesn't really was with me. Of course, I'm not applying that to you but there's some it certainly does apply to.

I look forward to hearing you sing all through the game at the next home match.  

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

The club has simply got to do better at increasing availability and the pricing of casual tickets. Fixing the price at the beginning of the season is pretty daft really.

Whilst it was the Christmas period it was also an opportunity to sell to a few people as part of a Christmas night out. I mean they even have a pub now so could have done a drink deal as part of the admission price.

There are so many aspects of the club that seem pretty woeful, they really do need to wake up.

I thought they were trying to give them away last night , there were plenty of seats for casual fans.  

It’s going back a bit but the club used to publish both the tickets sold and the number of people who actually attended. So say the official attendance was 22,000 but we then gave 95% of people attended. Apologies if this has been mentioned before I always found it amazing the amount of people who had a ticket and didn’t attend if memory serves the attended % was rarely above 95%.

It would be great if the club did this again for full transparency.

12 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

It’s going back a bit but the club used to publish both the tickets sold and the number of people who actually attended. So say the official attendance was 22,000 but we then gave 95% of people attended. Apologies if this has been mentioned before I always found it amazing the amount of people who had a ticket and didn’t attend if memory serves the attended % was rarely above 95%.

It would be great if the club did this again for full transparency.

Yes it would. Unfortunately transparency is not what they want to achieve.

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Never blocked anyone. Never reported a post. Unlike you. Remember the hissy fit with Duncan “has your dad blocked me” lol as if!!! 
Happy New Prosperous x

Ignore / Block whatever - Keep twisting it to suit your agenda! 

3 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

No. Do we know that I wouldn't go every week if I lived in the midlands.?...

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

No. Do we know that I wouldn't go every week if I lived in the midlands.?...

I thought we had agreed a transfer to Portsmouth.