Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Tonight’s Attendance

8 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

No, not sure what that has got to do with the price of wombats...........

It has to do with your reply.

My post was clearly about someone who never goes commenting on others who don't go. Apparently that's a lie so I have to replace never with rarely which makes little difference to the point. If the OP had been about last night's game coverage on a screen from an armchair me starting a thread about it would have been just as pointless.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Haha 1

Perhaps we can have some armchairs around the perimeter of the pitch for the Bristol Rovers match given the upper tiers are closed?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

My post was clearly about someone who never goes commenting on others who don't go. Apparently that's a lie so I have to replace never with rarely which makes little difference to the point. If the OP had been about last night's game coverage on a screen from an armchair me starting a thread about it would have been just as pointless.

Keep making stuff up to suit your narrative. 

46 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So if I am watching the news and an item comes on about a match involving say Chelsea and I notice lots of empty seats at Stamford Bridge, I cannot say anything about the empty seats to one of my Chelsea supporting friends because I do not go to Chelsea games?...............

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

So if I am watching the news and an item comes on about a match involving say Chelsea and I notice lots of empty seats at Stamford Bridge, I cannot say anything about the empty seats to one of my Chelsea supporting friends because I do not go to Chelsea games?...............

Now you’re getting it. Unless you live in the Middle East you can’t have an opinion on the troubles there either. 

14 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

You can post anything you like about anything you want SOB. And I can reply anything I like to it. That's how this message board works...

It's common practice at sporting events to publish the amount of tickets sold as attendance. For example in the summer at their All In pay-per-view at Wembley, AEW announced the paid attendance as 81,035, making it the largest crowd to ever watch a Wrestling event. A Freedom of Information Act request showed that the number through the turnstiles was actually closer to 79,000, which would not have broken the record.

I'm sure if someone has the time and inclination to investigate they could find the actual attendance on Tuesday. I myself have neither time nor inclination, but my eyes told me there were a hell of a lot of empty seats and nowhere near 25,521 in the ground.

13 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Now you’re getting it. Unless you live in the Middle East you can’t have an opinion on the troubles there either. 

I don't know why you bother. There are people on here who are arrogant in the extreme... it's really not worth the effort. Engage with those that reply in a positive and respectful manner... makes life that tiny bit better 🐵

PS. Live in London have a season ticket couldn't go. Watched on TV and the empty seats where as bad as I can remember. The river end was a quarter empty by the looks of things. The atmosphere came across as really flat. Hopefully a win at "them" down the road will help

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I don't know why you bother. There are people on here who are arrogant in the extreme... it's really not worth the effort. Engage with those that reply in a positive and respectful manner... makes life that tiny bit better 🐵

PS. Live in London have a season ticket couldn't go. Watched on TV and the empty seats where as bad as I can remember. The river end was a quarter empty by the looks of things. The atmosphere came across as really flat. Hopefully a win at "them" down the road will help

I’m sure there’s many more who’ve noticed too. A strange man indeed. 

3 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

It's common practice at sporting events to publish the amount of tickets sold as attendance. For example in the summer at their All In pay-per-view at Wembley, AEW announced the paid attendance as 81,035, making it the largest crowd to ever watch a Wrestling event. A Freedom of Information Act request showed that the number through the turnstiles was actually closer to 79,000, which would not have broken the record.

I'm sure if someone has the time and inclination to investigate they could find the actual attendance on Tuesday. I myself have neither time nor inclination, but my eyes told me there were a hell of a lot of empty seats and nowhere near 25,521 in the ground.

The FoI is about disclosure of information of public bodies. Maybe Wembley has some connection? Can't see that being applicable to Football Clubs. Given the Crouch Report logic though it should be especially with an ownership structure such as ours.

Perhaps I will send an email with those thoughts and copy in my MP? You never know.

17 hours ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps we can have some armchairs around the perimeter of the pitch for the Bristol Rovers match given the upper tiers are closed?

Closed ? Not being sold at this moment. If there is a demand they will be opened, much as the numbers of police and stewards will be allocated according to the tickets sold. They do this in other areas, as I suspect the railways will add extra services to and from Ipswich tomorrow. MacDonalds closes parts of its restaurants in the evening as demand drops. I wonder how many stands will be open for tonights youth cup game at Carrow Road.

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

Closed ? Not being sold at this moment. If there is a demand they will be opened, much as the numbers of police and stewards will be allocated according to the tickets sold. They do this in other areas, as I suspect the railways will add extra services to and from Ipswich tomorrow. MacDonalds closes parts of its restaurants in the evening as demand drops. I wonder how many stands will be open for tonights youth cup game at Carrow Road.

We were told that demand was the reason for the season ticket price rise following relegation. That hasn't been borne out by seat usage. What has happened is undoubtedly that casuals have tended to hoover up unwanted ST usage rather than buying from the Club. That has advantaged ST holders who know lots of others who want to go and disadvantaged other ST holders who can't get buybacks.

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

We were told that demand was the reason for the season ticket price rise following relegation. That hasn't been borne out by seat usage. What has happened is undoubtedly that casuals have tended to hoover up unwanted ST usage rather than buying from the Club. That has advantaged ST holders who know lots of others who want to go and disadvantaged other ST holders who can't get buybacks.

Why have you quoted my post when it does not address my comments ? You are not required to reply to any post, but if you do then make it about that post, or simply post unquoted.

4 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Why have you quoted my post when it does not address my comments ? You are not required to reply to any post, but if you do then make it about that post, or simply post unquoted.

The common element to your post and mine is the overall business principle of demand and supply in action.

Just now, essex canary said:

The common element to your post and mine is the overall business principle of demand and supply in action.

Something you appear to struggle to understand. Hence, your bizarre comments re the game v Bristol Rovers.

3 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Now you have completely lost me, I never mentioned a message board................

You completely lost me yesterday. What do you actually feel you need my permission to do?

You can do, post or say anything you like...

But so can I :classic_ninja:

34 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You completely lost me yesterday. What do you actually feel you need my permission to do?

You can do, post or say anything you like...

But so can I :classic_ninja:

I wasn't asking for permission, I was discussing a subject. I have gone back over my posts and cannot find any reference to my saying you couldn't say or post anythings, so not sure what that is about........

20 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Yes you can SOB. You have my permission if that's what you need. But if I was you I'd just do it...

Edited by nutty nigel
Just do it ✅
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RobJames said:

Something you appear to struggle to understand. Hence, your bizarre comments re the game v Bristol Rovers.

The only restriction seems to be the £10 adult charge. If the ground was full of groups of 1 parent accompanied by 4 children, there is unlikely to be a profit. Of course there will be a higher £ yield mix than that but profit still needs to be shared with Bristol Rovers. Prize for going through to the next round is £105,000 which looks to be higher than any potential gate money share. All these figures are comparative peanuts relative to our Turnover. Much more important for Bristol Rovers. We should still want it though and look for as many fans as possible to cheer us on.